“Cant fault it!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gourmet Burger Bistro

Gourmet Burger Bistro
Ranked #11 of 625 Restaurants in Cork
Price range: US$17 - US$26
Good for: Cheap Eats, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Montenotte
Cork, Ireland
“Cant fault it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

went there with my girlfriend for a bite to eat, ordered 2 burgers and a portion of onion rings
when they came they were presented lovely and tasted brilliant and the chips were great with their homemade vinegar and mayo! well worth a visit and would definitely go back.

Cork
“Top notch work night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

We had a work gathering and the food and service here were excellent as always. Michael , Michelle and the staff are very attentive and their recommendations are spot on, my favourite has to be the onion rings but order a portion to share as they are huge. I'll praise them to anyone who cares to listen and look forward to returning, never been disappointed yet.

Dublin, Ireland
“Great meal ! ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

Went here for lunch on Sunday and over all experience was great ! Burgers were nice an juicy wit nice crunchy bun ! Got side order of onion rings :-) huge and wit a delicious light batter ! An the staff were so nice ! The two girls are a credit to the place ! Friendly an attentive ! Only thing that's missing is some hot chicken wings in the starters section, try they on ur specials menu they will go down a treat.

Ovens, Ireland
“Definitely lives up to the name”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

My girlfriend and I paid a spontaneous trip to this highly praised restaurant on Thursday, 10 October 2013. And it does indeed more than live up to the hype and the Gourmet part in its name.

I had booked a table about 2.5 hours before arrival which was no problem at all and turned out to be a good idea as the restaurant ended up being almost completely full on a Thursday evening around 7pm.

The two of us shared a plate of garlic bread with cheese as a starter which was delicious and set us in the right mood. My girlfriend then had the special of the day which was a burger with cheese, mushrooms and a pepper sauce and I had the a-la-carte Spicy French Burger with Brie cheese and da sweet chili sauce. Both burgers were served promptly on a big plate with a little bucket of delicious salted chips/fries and both with a little flag on top of them, indicating what burger it was (a French flag on mine, a Gourmet Burger Bistro flag on hers) which I found a lovely little touch.

The burgers then absolutely lived up to our expectations. The meat was fresh, tender and delicious, the toppings were perfect (a bit too much pepper corns on my girlfriend's burger but that's what she ordered, not really the restaurants fault...) and the size was just right. Often in a burger restaurant like this one they go way over the top with the size of the burger which is no joy if you have to force yourself to finish it off because you're full halfway through. These ones in the Gourmet Burger Bistro were just perfect. We also had the highly recommended onion rings as a side serving which were absolutely divine. No matter what you eat there do get yourself the treat of these amazing onion rings.

The atmosphere in the restaurant was very nice as well: it's not too big so there's not too much noise. The service as well was excellent. As soon as we opened the door a waitress came up to us to show us our table. We were pretty much the first visitors in the place but soon after us a stream of people came in and not once did the two waitresses or the cashier fail to welcome each and every one of them, no matter how busy it was. Our orders were taken promptly and all our questions were answered, the food was delivered quickly as well.

Finally, we paid about EUR 40 for two cokes, two main courses, a big plate of onion rings and the garlic-cheese bread as a starter which is absolutely fine to me. You could go to Burger King or Mac Donald’s and would only pay marginally less than what we paid in the Gourmet Burger Bistro for a near perfect burger and a wonderful dinner.

In the end, we would have loved to get some desserts as well because the selection sounds absolutely delicious, but we were just too stuffed to fit in any more. So, we will definitely come back, even if it's only to also get a go with the desserts.

Cork, Ireland
“I must be missing something...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

I have been to this restaurant twice, and both times I felt as though everyone else was experiencing something I wasn't. Although the burger are large and the menu offers great choice, I always feel a bit let down by the burgers. I never find the burger itself that flavoursome, and find that all the sauces and toppings just attempt to distract from how poor the quality of meat is. Given how popular it seems to be, I feel like I might have caught the restaurant on bad nights. However, €40 for two burgers and two orange juices seems a bit pricey for me, I'd rather spend the money on a meal I know I'll enjoy.

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Kingston_Rose
tigermonty, Owner at Gourmet Burger Bistro, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Hi,
Thank you for your feedback. I'm very sorry to hear that your previous visits weren't as enjoyable as you had hoped.
It is unfortunate that you didn't enjoy your burger, however I can assure you that the organic meat and indeed all the ingredients used in our restaurant are of the absolute highest quality.
With regard to the cost of your meal there are no two burgers that would amount to 40Euro with two orange juices. We always strive to price our menu as competitively as possible and to ensure our customers get excellent value for money.
They say everybody deserves a second chance but in this case we would love a third chance to change your mind and show you how good we can be.
Kind regards,