“Ok Thai”

Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Centre
Reviewed 26 January 2014

It's easy to find

It's beside Brown Thomas and is a fairly ok Cork Thai restaurant serving most of the usual Thai dishes,

Petty the close early in the evening

Reviewed 21 January 2014

This was our second visit and it didn't disappoint. It's a great little thai restaurant in the heart of cork city with very reasonable prices. I would recommend it.

Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

I was in this restaurant today. I had spicy prawn soup and crispy chicken with rice. Its was lovely and the waitress so friendly. I definitely will come back again.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

I am just sick and tired of the quality of the service I get from this place. I have had three bad experiences when ordering frim Banna Thai. Every time I get my food it's cold! Every single time! I'm never ordering from here again. The first time I was told how great this place was. It took an hour to get here, the food was cold, it tasted good after a few minutes in the microwave though. The second time was a complete joke, after an hour I looked outside saw the delivery man in his car, after me waving at him he drove off, he rang me while down the street, told me he took a wrong turn and said he was driving back up. 30 minutes later!!! No DRIVER! I called him and he fed me a bunch of lies about how he took another wrong turn. I had to call the restaurant and demand they cook it again and bring it up. Another hour later I get the food but not the food I ordered, and the quality of the dish was certainly not up to any high standard. I was so angry I said I would never eat there again. Four months later I gave them another shot and I give them full marks, the delivery was quick, the food was hot, the order was correct, and it the dish was 10/10.
UNTIL LAST NIGHT!!! My order took one hour and 30 minutes. The food was cold! They should clearly state in the menu if getting food delivered that you will have to reheat your food yourself.
It was definitely cooked by a different chef too as it was nothing compared to the last time I ordered it. There was almost whole carrots in the dish. It was so poor. Honestly a first year home economics student could have made a better dish without knowing the recipe.
If you are ringing them to take your order then good luck. They never get the spelling right. You need an alphonic alphabet to have a mere chance of them getting it right.
Also the rice portions are tiny. I am never eating here again EVER!!

1  Thank HPLAMP
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Food delayed ! Felt sorry for the lady who was apologizing and going back and forth between serving the food and attending the phone. There should be more staff in my opinion. Waiting is not acceptable !