“Great location”

Ranked #6 of 58 Cork B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Great location”
Reviewed 12 January 2013

My fiance and I stayed in Creedon's in early December and really enjoyed our visit. It is spotlessly clean and comfortable and the breakfast is excellent.Danny and Annette are really friendly and helpful with a great knowlege of the City. It's location is superb in the centre of the City with bars.restaurants (would thoroughly recommend the Market Lane next door which is excellent) and shopping right outside the door. The city is very nice and the locals are really friendly and easy going. We hope to return again in the summer and stay a bit longer.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank laura b

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Polish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 3 January 2013

My Boyfriend and I were excited to come from Toronto, Canada and visit Cork on our trip around Ireland. We booked our reservation online and two weeks before our trip we still hadn't received a confirmation from the Creedon B&B. My Boyfriend wrote Danny to see what was going on with our reservation on August 31st and Danny wrote back quickly and told him that the reservation system was down the day we booked but he had space for us on September 6th if that worked for us. We agreed that the 6th was perfect and were excited to get to Cork. Check-in needed to be before 6:30 and we were lost and running an hour behind. We emailed Danny in the afternoon to let him know we were running a little behind and he responded by saying that he misplaced our reservation and that they were booked!! Are you serious?!! He did offer us a free night stay but unfortunately we're not in Cork too often considering we live 5000km away! Not knowing the City of Cork we now had to drive around for a couple hours trying to find accommodation elsewhere and ended up having to spend much more on a room than we could afford, but were desperate for sleep and had travelled so far. Going to Cork was something that I was really looking forward to and because of this situation I just didn't feel good about being there :-(

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Caligrl_in_Toronto
dan c, Owner at Creedon's Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 18 January 2013
I am responding to this review as I feel its an inaccurate account of what happened. I did not receive the first booking and therefore did not send a confirmation email. When I received the email asking about their reservation I did offer a room for the 6th however unfortunately a mix up did occur and I was not able to accommodate the couple. I realize that this should not have happened and I sent an e-mail to apologize and offered a free night's accommodation as compensation. I also provided the couple with my own telephone number so that they could contact me and I could organize alternative accommodation to suit their requirements but I received no further contact. I very much apologize to the couple however I did feel the need to respond as when I became aware of the mix up I notified the couple and did my best to rectify the situation.
Paris, France
Reviewed 9 October 2012

This B&B was a great discovery.
A warm welcome, good advice on restaurants and places to see and a nice breakfast.
The rooms are nicely decorated, clean and comfortable. We had a nice stay and really enjoyed resting in the room.
A big highlight is the great location, right in the center of town close to the central bus station and in walking distance to everything there is to see. We also recommend the wonderful restaurant just outside (marketlane) and the fun pubs in the area.
Do not hesitate to book !!!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nathaliejane99
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 1 October 2012

The owners Danny & Annette are the most gracious of hosts. Their B&B is clean, inviting, and right Cork City Centre. They helped my cousin and I find parking(which is hard in Ireland), travel arrangements, and ideas on where to eat(the place they recommended was fantastic). We would absolutely stay there again!

Danielle and Brieand

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Danielle W
Reviewed 29 September 2012

Danny Creedon and family have a great B&B in the heart of Cork. Delicious breakfast and also a nice old pub below the B&B. there are many other pubs and restaurants within a short walk. We will be back the next time in Cork.

Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Brent B
Cork
Reviewed 20 September 2012

This B&B is ideal, it is in a great location, is spotless and the breakfast was fab. Danny and Annette are really welcoming and I would definitely stay here again. A perfect place to stay while in the city :)

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank missybooboo
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Unfortunately, I didn't have a chance to try this B&B. At the time of the booking, Dany did not want to take my credit card to confirm the 2 bedrooms I booked with him. On our day of arrival, as we were delayed on the road and had to run to restaurant where acquaintances were waiting for us, I rang Dany to let him know that we would not be checking-in at 7pm but after our dinner. He seemed to be fine with this arrangement. He never mentioned during our conversation that clients should check-in by 10pm ! As were waiting for the dessert, he rang me asking where we were. At one stage of our conversation, he decided to cancel the 2 bedrooms which made me very angry. I asked my acquaintance from Cork to talk to him but he kept his decision, letting us down badly and spoiling our evening.
Due to this experience, I wouldn't recommend this bed & breakfast.

Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank CharlotteJ762
dan c, Owner at Creedon's Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 19 September 2012
I would like to respond to the recently titled " let down at ten" review.I totally refute what the guest has said.First of all the booking was made by telephone in which two single rooms were reserved on the understanding that payment would be made on arrival as it is stated on my web-site that I do not accept credit cards.The guest stated that she and her companion would be arriving at 8pm approx.As she did not arrive by 9.00pm I rang her to know if she was still coming as reception was closing at 10pm during which she stated that she was in a local restaurant and would be delayed for an hour. As the guest did not arrive by 10.55 pm I rang her again and she said that she was just ordering dessert and did not know what time she would be arriving during which I asked her if she could call for the keys as reception was closing.She told me she was not coming until she was finished so I told her that I could not wait any longer and I would have to cancel her reservation. After telling her this she became angry and threatened to report me to a well known Cork politician if I did not honor her reservation.Her companion then came on the phone and said that she was sorry for what her friend had said and would I be willing the honor the reservation in which I said that under the circumstances I would not as I was not willing to be made to feel uncomfortable in my own residence. I think that the review was totally untrue and unfair as I do my utmost to accommodate guests to the best of my ability.