“A Bar with a friendly warm welcome”
Review of Mount Oval Bar

Mount Oval Bar
Ranked #229 of 645 Restaurants in Cork
Cuisines: European
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Rochestown
cork
“A Bar with a friendly warm welcome”
Reviewed 16 November 2012

I really enjoyed. Bringing my baby, husband and my Daughter for a late Sunday dinner here...
I was worried at first that I would get a sideways look bring a baby in after 7:30pm for dinner but the day ran away with us and we needed dinner fast and hoped for the best...we walked in and we saw loads of young family's eating and drinking and at ease...men happy that they could go to one corner to watch the match on the big screens and tables nicely placed away from the screens view but still have the pub Vibe. The staffs were so friendly and arranged a baby seat and looked after anything. They got all our orders to us in a very short time. The Food was good pub grub and The Garlic chabata was beautiful...The Burger was lovely, home made and meaty, plenty of fries and salad The prices were very good and you’re looking an average of 13 Euro for a main dish and all freshly cooked...
we were all full leaving and the hubby was happy he could have a pint with his dinner. we will be back.

• Visited November 2012

Cork, Cork, Ireland
“Very good”
Reviewed 10 November 2012

The food was very good and in sufficient quantity. Friendly staff, reasonable prices and relaxing atmosphere, though I wouldn't expect to see so many children in a bar on Friday night...

• Visited November 2012
Cork
“Lovely family spot during the day”
Reviewed 13 May 2012

I live within walking distance which is great. I was there twice this weekend. Served at the bar in the evening while having a few drinks with my father. No wait and lovely Guinness.

I was back again the next day for some chips and a few drinks on my daughters communion day. The chips were brought quickly to the table and were lovely.

The manager commented on how lovely my daughter looked, very welcoming to children and families.

We were kept going before going for dinner later that day and we were very pleased, we had been basically turned away at The Bosun in Monkstown (see other review) so we were delighted that the Mount Oval bar were happy to serve us even if it was just chips.

It's a brilliant sports pub too, plenty screens and seats.

• Visited May 2012
“Go here!”
Reviewed 18 November 2011

Excellent food & service in a hidden away location! Great chilled out atmosphere, it's a hip spot on a Friday evening. Great for business meetings too. Worth a trip.