“weekend break”
Review of Imperial Hotel

Imperial Hotel
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Enjoyable stay, Room was spacious and comfortable. The location of the hotel is very central. the coffee shop is perfect for a light breakfast if required. Staff are friendly and helpful.
we will stay again.

1  Thank nigelkk
Anne o, Manager at Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Dear nigelkk,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Imperial Hotel in Cork.

We appreciate you taking the time to write your favourable comments on trip advisor.

We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the Cork area.

kind regards,
Anne

Reviewed 19 May 2014

We had a lovely stay at the Imperial last Friday night. The location is superb if you want to be centrally located, near all the shops, restaurants & bars. We got a warm & friendly reception on arrival. The room was spacious & very clean and we had a delicious breakfast the next morn with plenty of choice. We really enjoyed our stay :)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear johanna_fitzpatrick,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Imperial Hotel.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review on trip advisor. I will pass on your excellent comments to the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon to the Imperial Hotel.

Best regards,
Anne

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We love this hotel. This is my second review of it. My first may not have been as kind. We stayed again in February. It is the most central hotel in Cork city. Just around the corner from all the shops.
The Spa is out of this world. My hubby treated me to one of the packages for Christmas which included a day at the spa and accomidation. My day at the Spa was just fantastic and I really felt relaxed. The girls there were so nice and so helpful I felt amazing when I left.
I met my hubby in the bar and we had drinks and bar food as it was pouring rain so we didnt feel like hitting the town. The staff in the bar were so helpful and we had a fab night.
Our room this time was smaller than the last but really all you need. I would have prefered a bigger room but it was lovely.
We love this hotel and will be back. We have stayed there twice in the last year. The time before that was when we got engaged 14 years ago !!
If you want a hotel for shopping or a show or heading out town for a nice meal and night away this is your hotel.
The only down side is the parking but as it was our second time we figured it out easy !!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Anne o, Manager at Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear Jean Tipperary,

Thank you for choosing the Imperial Hotel for a return visit.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for taking the time to write a review. I will pass on your favourable comments to the team with a special mention to the team in South's Bar and the Escape Spa.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Best regards,

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Hotel is in a great location and only a few minute walk from the bus station. On checking in I was warmly greeted and the process was very quick and painless and was in my room within a few minutes.
The room was really big with the highest ceilings I think I have ever seen in a hotel and very spacious with a double and single bed. The beds were very comfortable with great bedding too. All amenities are available including tea and coffee making facilities and flat screen TV. The bathroom had underfloor heating which is always very pleasant. A very comfortable room.

We ate in the restaurant as there was a good deal on offer and the service was very attentive. We had a small problem with the main course which was quickly rectified and compensated for without have having to ask so I would not in any way decry from the service we received.

We also ate in the bar one night and with the food coming from the same kitchen as the restaurant we were not disappointed in the taste and quality and portion size. I wouldn’t say the prices are over the top and are pretty much like for like with restaurants and pubs in the area.
Very handy for local sightseeing and just seconds from a couple of lovely coffee houses (one actually in the hotel – Lafayettes) and busy bars with live music.

All in all a really good hotel with friendly and efficient staff. Would I return – of course.

1  Thank Alistair S

Dear Vanmanal,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Imperial Hotel while in Cork recently and thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us in one of our Classic bedrooms, indeed these bedrooms have great character and are in keeping with the Hotel.

We are pleased that you enjoyed your dinners in The Pembroke Restaurant and in South's Bar, along with Coffee in Lafayette's.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Imperial Hotel the next time you are in Cork.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Stayed here on 3rd to 5th May. Very central and clean. Staff we're very courteous and obliging. Had to change room as we found the one we booked a bit dark, but there was no problem in doing so. Breakfast was quite good, eat in the restaurant you have far more variety to choose from. That said, breakfast in bed was good.
Would definitely return and will later this year. Raymond

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Raymond H

Dear RaymondH,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Imperial Hotel and thank you for taking the time to write a review on trip advisor.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Cork and the Imperial Hotel later on in the year.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Imperial for 2 nights. It was our 1st wedding anniversary and no request was too small for the hotel. They helped me organise dinner reservations, along with champagne and chocolate covered strawberries as a surprise after dinner. This is our third time staying at the Imperial and out of all the hotels we have stayed in it is one of our top 2. The Pembroke Restaurant is amazing. The food and wine is gorgeous and the staff so friendly. We also had spa treatments during the weekend as well. I couldn't recommend the Imperial enough! Our favourite thing is the late check-out. We got to have breakfast and head back up for a mid morning nap!! Its perfect if you want to spend the weekend at the spa or just shopping around town. I look forward to spending many more anniversaries at the Imperial.

Dear aross03,

Thank you for choosing the Imperial Hotel for your first Wedding Anniversary.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass on your excellent comments to the team in the various departments.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Imperial Hotel for many more Wedding Anniversaries.

Thanking you,

HANDY is the word.
In the city for a night at the theatre.
Best price and location you could ask for.
On prvious visits to Cork I availed of the bar (Jazz Fest) and loved it.
Haven't eaten here yet but will as the plasce has the feel of a well run establishment
Thanks

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Kevin G,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Imperial Hotel for your Cork quick getaway.

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review following your recent stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Cork and the Imperial Hotel soon.