“Great base for one's first trip to Cork” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Imperial Hotel

Imperial Hotel
Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Nahant, Massachusetts
“Great base for one's first trip to Cork”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my three day stay at the Imperial. It was my first stay in Cork and the staff made every effort to see that I had an enjoyable time. The room was well furnished and had a double glazed inner window to keep out the street noise at night, something that I really appreciated. I really enjoyed both the tearoom and the South bar,located as they were on the front, for their great service and light food. Each provided a great perch from which to watch the passing parade of both tourists and those on their way to work.

I will recommend the Imperial to all my friends and acquaintances and expect them to as pleased as I was.

Location
1 Thank FrankieOg
Anne o, Manager at Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear FrankieOg,

Thank you for choosing the Imperial Hotel for your first visit to Cork.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and thank you for taking the time to post such a great review on trip advisor, I will pass on your favourable commets to the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (407)
  • Polish first
Burnley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

I am returning to The Imperial next week & can't wait, I have been to this hotel on numerous occasions, you are always assured of a warm welcome, fantastic rooms, food & drink, this time my eldest son is accompanying me to do a photo shoot around Cork, I did struggle with booking online as I needed two rooms, but a quick email & everything was sorted, as usual nothing is to much trouble for the wonderful staff at this hotel, I would & have recommended this hotel many times, you will not be disappointed.

Stayed August 2014
Anne o, Manager at Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Wendy G,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review folowing your recent stay at the Imperial Hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back and I hope you enjoy the photo shoot and capture all that Cork city has to offer.

See you soon,

Best Regards,

Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

The hotel is centrally located but the down side of this is that it is so very noisy. The hotel itself is average at best and little or no information about Cork was forthcoming from the staff. The car park was located blocks away from the hotel and the hotel staff were very nonchalant about getting there etc
The room was basic but clean

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
      Rooms
1 Thank Fran M
Anne o, Manager at Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Dear Fran M,

Thank you for your recent review regarding your stay at the Imperial Hotel.

We are glad that you enjoyed the Imperial Hotels central location.

However I am dismayed that you found that the staff were not forthcoming regarding information on Cork city as we have an excellent Concierge and Reception team, who are both friendly and helpful.

Aarhus, Denmark
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

It was a nice room, and a very good service at arrival.
But in the restaurant was the food all to traditional.
And I think the price of the room is too high.
But a good atomosphere.
Nice location near the main street.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Anne o, Manager at Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Dear Bono 2003,

Thank you for your recent review regarding your stay at the Imperial Hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Mojácar, Andalucia, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

I highly recommend this hotel it was so nice. The staff are so nice a big thank you to Jim. Really nice man .Would highly recommended this hotel. Will definitely stay here again but for longer. I just love the Irish people so welcoming.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Julia F,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Imperial Hotel and for taking the time to write such a wonderful review on trip advisor.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Cork and the Imperial Hotel the next time you are back in Ireland.

Lisbon, Portugal
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

an hotel with great reviews (that's why we have chosen it) but a lot of negative points:
1 - noise, noise, noise. Until 10/11p.m and after 5a.m all the transportation trucks stop by and stay there creating an almost unbearable noise.
2 - noise part II. The doors are not prepared to be closed normally they make such a blast that we spend the night waking up scared with the "boom" of other guests doors
3 - the worst part ever: the sheets were not changed one single day. It's the first time I stay in a 4 star hotel without having my sheets cleaned and changed. the beds were made with the same sheets. How do you know? you wonder. I've made a stain on the sheet during the first day and the same stain was there, on the same place every day. This is how I know the sheets were the same, and not cleaned.
5 - our room was so small we could hardly pass between the bed and the desk.

positive points: the staff is very nice, the breakfast is ok, the location is central

Room Tip: don't choose a room with the street view. Choose an inner one because there's less noise
      Location
3 Thank Tatiana S
Dear Tatiana S,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on trip advisor following your recent stay with us.

It is never easy for us to read such a review but we appreciate both negative and positive guest feed back which we receive.

1. I do apologise for the external noise which you experienced during your stay with us. As we are located in the centre of Cork city I do hope that you will understand that this is completely outside of our control.

2. Indeed the internal noise is something which we can address - I will ask our mainteance team to loook at the bedroom doors and adjust the door closing mechanism on each bedroom door.

3. Regarding the bedroom sheets - a few years ago we introduced a green initative here in the hotel to help protect the environment. We change the sheets when not fit for purpose, otherwise we change the sheets every 3 days. If a guest requests we can change the sheets on a daily basis.

I am very surprised that the Accommodation team did not notice the stain on the sheet and in this situation the sheet should have been changed immediately- for this I do apologise.

4. Regarding the bedroom size - As we are an old historic hotel some of the bedrooms are located in the older part of the building and would not meet with modern day bedroom sizes.

It is such a pity that you did not highlight these points to the Manager on Duty during your stay with us as we probably would have been in a position to rectify all the above points.

If you would like to discuss the above in more deetial please contact me directly at the Hotel.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Humlebaek, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

We spend 1 night at this lovely old classic hotel in Cork. Wonderfull place to stay. Cosy bar, good restaurant and a french cafe. We had a nice room. The staff was very helpfull and kind. Thank you Jefrene from Singapore.

Rooms
1 Thank John M
Dear John M,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Imperial Hotel while in Cork recently.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.