“Vacaciones en Cork”
Review of Imperial Hotel

Imperial Hotel
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Comfortable hotel with excellent location.
Cork is a vibrant city. There are many people in pubs and shops.
In Cork there are many options for fun. It has a beautiful park with animals.
Communications with other cities are also excellent.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OlgaGM21
Anne o, Manager at Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear OlgaGM21,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Imperial Hotel and for taking the time to furnish us with your great customer feedback.

We hope to see you back in Ireland and Cork soon,

Best regards,

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Stayed in this hotel a few months ago. Decided to treat myself to a night away as I was a single mother to a 2 1/2 year old and I was very tired! Was going to choose The River Lee Hotel (which I should have done) but driving past this hotel as I often did made me curious to see what it was like as it was so beautiful inside. When I got to my room I was so disappointed. I paid over €150 and was expecting much much more than I got. My sister and I were in a double room with 2 beds and it was so so small. Once we placed our bags on the floor there was no space to move around. The room looked on to a cement wall and the air conditioning was broken which meant that we HARDLY slept. I was so disappointed because for me it was a lot of money to spend and there was nothing positive really that I could say about the room. I asked the Receptionist on duty to move rooms but as it was a full house I could not move. In the morning I spoke to the Manager who couldn't have been more helpful and offered me time in the spa or a better room the next time I stayed. The mini-break had already been ruined and I wouldn't have liked/benefited from a massage. I would honestly never stay there again because to be quite honest/frank you can get the same quality room that I got for half the price at Jurys.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Irishcutie3

Dear Irishcutie3,

It is with great disappointment that I read your review following your stay with us early in the year.

Thank you for taking the time now to furnish us with your customer feedback. I would appreciate if you could please contact me directly to discuss the situation.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here the night after our wedding, our room wasn't available until 4pm, on a day where we had a family function to attend.
The desk staff were rude, we reserved a superior room at a superior rate but did not get the value we expected. Cork is our home town where we visit on a regular basis. We will not be staying here again and would not recommend the hotel to anyone.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank len V

Dear len V,

It is with great disappointment that I read your review following your recent stay with us at the Imperial Hotel.

Thank you for taking the time to furnish us with your customer feedback. I would appreciate if you could please contact me directly to discuss the situation.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

We stayed here with the Imperial Experience 2 night package. From the moment we entered the hotel we were made to feel very welcome. All of the ladies at the Reception desk were friendly, efficient and welcoming. Kevin at the Concierge desk was very helpful - he looked after our bags as we had arrived before check-in time and offered information and a map of the city to help us find our way around.

Our room was very comfortable and very tastefully decorated. We enjoyed the chocolates on arrival! There were good tea and coffee making facilities and the beds were very comfortable.

Breakfast was absolutely superb! The Manager of the Pembroke where breakfast and dinner are served was also very welcoming and attentive. The guy serving coffee at breakfast was very patient with us as he refilled our coffee cups about three times and chatted away to us.

I would highly recommend the Imperial Experience package for excellent value. Dinner in the Pembroke restaurant was absolutely delicious and the afternoon tea that was also included in the package was fabulous. I particularly liked the smoked salmon presented Irish style on lovely homemade brown bread with a slice of lemon.

We also took up the spa package offer for residents which included time in the gorgeous vitality suite, a much needed stress relieving massage, a very relaxing half hour in the dry flotation bed and champagne and fruit in the relaxation suite for €69. It made for a gloriously relaxing afternoon and again, the staff in the spa were very welcoming and friendly.

Our stay in the Imperial was absolutely perfect and this was in no small part due to the exceptional staff in the hotel who deserve immense credit for their hard work.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Anne W
Anne o, Manager at Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear Anne W,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Imperial Hotel during your recent trip to Cork.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review. I will pass on your excellent comments to the team who will be delighted with this excellent customer feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Imperial Hotel soon.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

I have just spent 4 nights in this hotel with my husband but part of an organised tour of 48 people.
I loved this hotel and can only recommend it highly, not only for the excellent food but the very friendly and helpful staff and the handy location in the centre of Cork itself. Yes we did have a room which overlooked several pubs which became noisy at night, but even with the windows open it was fine as I always pack ear-plugs and we were on the 4th floor! A fan was provided in the room as no air conditioning which was good, as it was warm weather. The WIFI system also worked fine for me. We were given a great welcome when we arrived and the manager even
came out and said farewell to our group just before our bus departed.

Room Tip: Check if the windows can be opened to a good width if weather is warm. The higher up the room the l...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jenny159

Dear Jenny 159,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and thank you for taking the time to furnish us with your customer feedback.

We do hope to see you back in Cork soon.

kind regards,

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Stayed for 2 nights at the Imperial. The location could not be better to explore this lovely city. The cafe is delightful with original tiles around the walls and beautiful ceiling work. The staff were very efficient and helpful. We found Cork very compact and easily explored from this fantastic base. The only disappointment was the lack of view (other than a steel grille!) outside my window but that lead to a very peaceful night's sleep! No complaints at all.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank CASharpe71

Dear CASharpe71,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Imperial Hotel in Cork recently.

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Imperial Hotel and enjoyed what Cork city has to offer .

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Stayed here two nights when running the Cork Marathon during the Bank holiday weekend in June. 5 min walk to the start/finnishing area. Old, genuine atmosphere, boutique hotel fans better look somewhere else! Excellent location downtown.Very comfortable beds. Quiet room in the back of the hotel. The WiFi didn´t work very well, the network advised by the hotell didn´t work at all, but we found another that worked just fine. The breakfast not cheap but worth the money. Would stay here again.
15 min by taxi to the airport, aprox 15 EU.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank MatsK64

Dear MatsK64,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Imperial Hotel in June last while you completed the Cork city marathon.

We look forward to welcoming you back in 2015 for the Cork city marathon.

Best regards,