“great hostel one of my faves on my travels!!”
Review of Bru Hostel

Bru Hostel
Ranked #1 of 21 Speciality Lodging in Cork
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Came with my mates on an epic euro trip we visited cork, dublin and belfast while in ireland this was by far the best hostel in ireland we had. the bars lovely, the beds are comfy and the drinks are good prices these are all ticks for me when in a hostel for sure :) good location its like 10 mins walk into town roughly and if you love fried chicken like us hit up hillbillys fried chicken on the same road and theres a few others dotted in the city!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank BENS1988
There are newer reviews for Bru Hostel

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

All was OK until 2 drunk guys entered my room at 4 am.apparently their key could open my private room.without any problem. When I warned the girl at the reception in the morning she just did not care at all!else location OK, breakfast average, room vert small and expensive for what it was

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We were only at Bru Bar for one night but it more than sufficed. Three of us checked in to a four bed dorm and had it to ourselves which was an added bonus. Room was clean and fairly well kept, beds were comfortable enough and there was also a private bathroom.
Free breakfast and the 5 euro washing service won us over as did the 11 o'clock check out time!
Would be happy to head back if ever in Cork again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I'm not sure where all the reviews of great staff come from. Between the 4 staff members I saw during my stay only one was very friendly the others looked quite miserable and not too helpful. Rooms were fine. Mine was right over the bar but can't complain as I knew there was a bar. As a female I wasn't expecting to be put in a room with all males but luckily had very nice, decent roommates so I wasn't made to feel uncomfortable. Its an okay place but nothing special and the staff is unhappy.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my sister and my roommate. It was an amazing time. The rooms were clean and the staff was helpful. The fact that there was a bar with live music and drink specials attached made it easy to start the night and to meet up with locals!

1  Thank Pmuircat
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

The rooms are very small. They charge the rate of a normal double bed hotel instead hostel rate. Kitchen very poor and mediocre breakfast. I spoke to the owner and he said Yes yes but he dont care... not recomandable.

Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

I liked the location of the hostel, not being too far away from the popular places in Cork. The staff are very nice and helpful and the bar is open until 3am to the hostel residents. There is usually live music too, which was pretty cool to listen to.
I must say that the only downfall was the showers. I don't particularly like having to push a button every five seconds, or holding the button in for a continuous flow of hot water. Other than that, I had a good time and experience there.