“Lovely Hotel, friendly staff and great service”
Review of Jurys Inn Cork

Jurys Inn Cork
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Claremorris, Ireland
“Lovely Hotel, friendly staff and great service”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed in a family room last week,room was lovely, free newspaper and cookies! Food was piping hot and delicious and the friendliness of all the staff really made our stay perfect. Apart from that, the location is great for exploring the city( it was our first time in Cork) there is a bowling alley / Quasar / Leisureworld across the road which the kids loved. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Lisburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights and couldn't fault it. It's easy to find and the location is perfect for a short break. Shops and bars are 5 mins walk away and the hotel restaurant is surprisingly good - much better quality and range compared to other hotels. Wouldn't hesitate recommending it.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel was in a great location - very handy for all the shops and bars and also a 2 minute walk to the bus station if you need to go to the airport. The room was clean and bright and the staff were all really friendly. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed July 2014
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Stayed in Jury's Hotel, Anderson's Quay on July 4th. I stayed there as I had come from Dublin to Cork for the Brian Wilson, concert. The hotel is very pleasant and in a fab location. Goes without saying, as we are in Cork, that that the Hotel staff are just great and professional and friendly. Btw, I adore the Cork accent - I just can't get enough of it. Anyhow, our room was lovely, spotless and spacious. The charge for the room was very reasonable and worth every penny. My only grip and it is a small one, but was a big one just for the duration of the world-cup matches we were trying to watch, while eating some beautiful food in the lounge there. The TVs! What about them I hear you ask? Well, they were and are the worst TV's that I have ever seen, in my life, at any hotel and I have travelled the world, several times, over. It was impossible to watch the football match showing (or not showing) on their TVs. One in particular had a pink screen - which of course is where my wife and I were and was - and it was quite impossible to see or make out anything on the screen. It was real annoying. So what did we do? We gobbled our food and ran as fast as we could to get to our room, to watch the world-cup match. As I left the lounge, I said to one of the Staff that this was one of the worst TVs ever. He agreed. So in summary:- The Hotel Staff are just wonderful; My room was very nice and spacious; the foot in the hotel was/is just perfect; breakfast was the best ever: So many great things to reccomend this nice Hotel. Oh, the TVs! Please purchase some modern ones (that work). They're cheap you know. It's the little things like this that can hurt your business. Look, I'll pay for them myself if you like :). Bottom line - really nice hotel close to everything…….

1 Thank Viv S
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights with kids. They had no adjoining rooms available when booking so had no choice but to go for double room. The double room would have been small if there was just the 2 of us but with a couch bed made up for our kids it made the room tiny. The good thing was we didn't spend much time in the room other than to sleep and get ready each morning but the bad thing was the heat of the room. There was no A/C and although you could open the window slightly the air outside was warm so it made no difference. Also there were only 2 bath towels even thou there were 4 of us. Bathroom was clean and tea/coffee kettle plus iron in room.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank LeeCGaillimh
Ireland
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Even do it is a Jurys Inn and I was never going to get the best, I was expecting more from a hotel in the centre of the city. Food in this place is very bad, Rooms are comfortable. Staff not the worst, Location in central, Parking little to none. Price to must.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank tipperarydarren
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We found the hotel to be very central and handy for walking around the city. It is attractive on both the outside and inside and the staff were very friendly. The 2 drawbacks for us were the lack of a proper carpark which means that unless there are very few guests you have to park in an independent carpark - the one they recommend is a couple of minutes walk away, over the bridge and costs ten euro per night...and also the lack of soundproofing between rooms, which meant I could hear the man next door blowing his nose and his mobile phone text messages woke me up in the morning. This drives me mad in hotels...people go there to sleep so why not make thicker walls?!! Otherwise did the job nicely and was good value for money.