“sister wedding”

Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Cork, Ireland
“sister wedding”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

my sister had her wedding here a lot of people stayed
from Thursday - Sunday as they had travelled from England
and Scotland .Everything was perfect from start to finish
food accommodation and staff were all excellent.I have been back
for bar food lunch and evening meals and it cannot be faulted excellent.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Tom T, Manager at Rochestown Park Hotel, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
Dear Eileen O,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such positive and encouraging words on tripadvisor. I am delighted that your sisters big day was perfect and I hope we can welcome you and your family back form many more special occasions to come.

Please do check out our facebook page and website for any upcoming special offers.

Kind regards,
Head of Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Two stars instead of one because the morning reception staff were friendly! The evening receptionist could not raise a smile for anything and gave me a gusty sigh over the phone when I asked for extra towels (there were three towels but five of us in the room), though I did offer to come down and collect them. She obviously had far more important things to do than ask someone else to bring me a couple of towels. The food in the bistro was fine but the set menu was absolutely non-negotiable - why are kids menus always crap food? They would not entertain the idea of giving the kids a small portion off something on the adults' set menu so the children were stuck with the usual burger/nuggets/fries... One server almost smiled once, but the rest were very, very melancholic.

The breakfast staff were far cheerier for the most part, but in general, I'd have to assume that this is the most miserable place to work on the planet. I've never met with such a blanket of indifference in any place I've stayed. I'd far rather have stayed in a cheaper hotel and had the impression that someone gave a damn and actually wanted our custom, but we thought we'd splash out for my daughter's birthday. It most certainly wasn't a cheap night away, and I wouldn't regret the expenditure but for the lack of customer service.

In every other Irish hotel I've stayed, I have been invited to leave my opinions and suggestions on numerous bits of paper in the room and at the front desk and I've been encouraged to leave a review on tripadvisor. I could not find anywhere in the hotel to leave my written impressions of the Rochestown which gives me to believe they really don't want to know!

The bath was wonderful, deep and roasting hot. The hairdryer was different and a really good idea. The breakfast was fine. The room was clean, but it was not on the same level as other 4* places we have stayed. I am curious as to why there are never sufficient cups and glasses for the number of people in a bedroom.

Rant over. Overwhelmingly underwhelming.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Snugglehump
Dear Snugglehump,

I was very disappointed to read your review and see your feedback on the hotel. I can assure you we have the highest level of customer service training here at the hotel and all of our Staff receive such positive feedback on a daily basis from customers that I am disappointed as to how we let you and your family down during your stay. I have spoken with all of my Management team about your feedback so we can investigate any necessary training that must be done.

Kind Regards
Wexford, Ireland
Reviewed 28 March 2014

My wife and I spent a single night in the hotel. The hotel is very large and facilitates a number of different functions. The reception staff took great care to accommodate us in a part of the hotel well away from the main function that night. We were not bothered by noise as a result. The main drawback was that the hotel is so large that it is quite a long way to the rooms. The room was spacious and tastefully decorated. There was a problem with the shower knob but we managed despite this. The leisure centre was pleasantly set out and had everything we could need. It was only a short walk into Douglas. Breakfast was good and staff were polite and helpful.

Room Tip: If you have luggage drop off at the lobby then park up on the Rochestown Road side of the hotel near...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank H W
Tom T, Manager at Rochestown Park Hotel, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear H W,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and be assured all of your feedback will be shared with my Management team for review.

I do hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

recently stsyed here for work overnight and couldn't get a room in the city within policy that offers adequate parking. hotel us 15 mins from city centre in car. 5 mins in car after Mahon point shopping centre if having a shopping spree ! The hotel is huge ,a ginormous celtic tiger hotel with leisure centre , conference centre, big bar , restaurant etc.Decor is really modern and plush. .it has loads of chil out areas to hang with a drink or get romantic.. I upgraded yo a deluxe double , big roo. nice decor, free standing bath and walk in shower . If driving much better than city centre hotel as a base.... great for couples, space and activites for kids, not too snobby or twee for groups-but car essential if looking for night life of Cork.

• Stayed March 2014
Tom T, Manager at Rochestown Park Hotel, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Pocahontiseire,

Thank you for such a wonderful review on our hotel and such kind words. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back soon.

Dublin
Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

We just stayed here for one night & overall happy with experience. We've a small baby and the room was nice & spacious. Ate in the hotel bar & good selection of food. Staff very friendly. Hotel within walking distance of Douglas. Would return.

Stayed March 2014
Tom T, General Manager at Rochestown Park Hotel, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear EuroTravellerHols,

Thank you for posting your positive and kind words on your recent stay on tripadvisor. I was glad to read you enjoyed your time with us and even better that you and your family would return.

I do hope to welcome you back soon.

Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 19 March 2014

This is a lovely hotel. The evening meal was superb, relaxed, with excellent service. Enjoyed a good night sleep. Breakfast service was not as good, received porridge which was lukewarm, as was the 'hot' food.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Tom T, Manager at Rochestown Park Hotel, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear mag017,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on your recent stay. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and assure you we take all comments on board and I will be speaking with my Executive Chef to make sure he investigates your feedback on breakfast and makes all necessary changes to make sure this does not happen again.

I do hope to see you back soon.

Cork
Reviewed 18 March 2014

was at my neighbours sons wedding the meal was beautiful excellent service and great entertainment with music at reception before meal and during the meal great comfort in the bedrooms and the breakfast was beautiful

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

1 Thank CorkBluebell
Dear CorkBluebell,

I was so delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay here with us and your great feedback on the wedding meal and reception and I hope we can welcome you back very soon.