“easter stay”

Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Tourmakeady, Ireland
“easter stay”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Not 4star standard we were a family of 4, the pool closed far too early for children at 5.30.
Reception staff not very helpful. Outdated room broken table leg dangerous with children very old TV. lift didnt work half the time restaurant good staff there very helpful and friendly. too expensive .for what you get. needs to be updated. No extra pillows in room or fridge which you need with small children. Breakfast room too hot dont need heat on. need more staff on hot food felt sorry for chef doing it all himself.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank siobhan2B
Tom T, Manager at Rochestown Park Hotel, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Dear siobhan2B,

I was disappointed to read your review and see that overall you had some issues with your stay. I have spoken with all of my management team and they will investigate the feedback and do any necessary training with the staff and update any other issues.

I do hope to welcome you back soon so you yourself can experience the positive outcomes of your feedback.

Head of Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Arrived with my family and had a great few days. The packed lunch to foto island is a must. The staff are great also.....on the down side and it's only minor....the wifi is shockingly poor and the lobby is very chilly in the evening if your sitting in when the bar is full

Stayed April 2014
Tom T, Manager at Rochestown Park Hotel, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Dear Hungrycorkman79,

Thank you for your kind words from your recent stay with us, I was delighted you enjoyed your visit with us. Please be assured that I have asked my IT Technician to investigate your wifi feedback and see if improvements can be made.

Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Just finished a great 3 night break at Rochestown. We had our 3 dinners and breakfasts as part of the package. Food was lovely Chey and the rest of the staff in the gallery were very attentative. Our 6yr old and 4 yr old LOVED the kids club and begged to go 2 nights. Easter Egg Hunt was brilliant loved by children and adults! Would definitely recommend it only gave 4 circles because room we stayed in decor was dated and we could hear our neighbours. But very clean and comfortable and loads of room for the 4 of us. The Caldwell family rm 103.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Tom T, Manager at Rochestown Park Hotel, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear Clare-Anne C,

I was delighted to read your review and share all of your positive and kind words with my team. Our kids club also runs for the whole of the summer so I hope we can welcome you and your family all back soon.

Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Met wonderful receptionist on arrival had a short wait for our room. Food was only average. Room was clean. It met all our basic needs but wasnt blown away by the place. Its very near shopping centre food outlets etc. Its easily accessible.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Anna G
Dear Anna G,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your review. I assure you that we take all customer feedback on board from our guests and I will certainly be discussing all of your feedback with my team.

County Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Rooms were unreal, so comfy. Best night sleep in a hotel I've had in a long time (currently travel a lot for work so hotel beds are important) room was spotless. Food was beyond all expectations and really reasonable, well presented and simply delish! Staff were very helpful, polite and clearly cared about the guests there. Use of wifi was a huge help! Can't wait to be working in Cork again!

Room Tip: Most rooms seemed quiet as it's not on a main road!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Hellie B,

Thank you so much for your kind feedabck on your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you thought so highly of the hotel and the team and we all look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This is possibly the nicest hotel I have ever stayed in. As far as I know the room we were given had recently been refurbished. I went with my boyfriend for a two night/three day stay. It had the comfiest bed I had ever slept in - I would have been happy to stay in bed all day! We had a huge flat screen tv (perfect for movie night) and the bathroom was beautiful (shower and bath). We also had a load of mood light settings!! Very cool. There was also plenty of parking space. We were having a relaxing getaway weekend so it was nice that the basics were only a short walk away - small shopping center with shops such as New Look, Boots, etc. We were also extremely close to the famous KCs takeaway - soooo delicious!!! And the cinema was across the road from that too. Perfect location for relaxing couples weekend.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Aoife B
Tom T, Manager at Rochestown Park Hotel, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
Dear BurkeyA,

Thank you for your kind and wonderful review on your recent stay. I was delighted to read your lovely comments and even more delighted to share them with my Team here at the Rochestown Park Hotel.

I do hope we can welcome you back soon and please do keep an eye on any special offers on our Website and Facebook page.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

We recently had our wedding in the Rochestown Park Hotel and I have to say that it was amazing. The staff were brilliant and the food was amazing. Elaine our wedding co ordinator went above and beyond her job to make sure we were happy and looked after. I can't compliment them enough. We will definitely be going back there for anything we have. Oustanding!!!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Lisa O
Dear Lisa O,

I am delighted that your big day was amazing and that Elaine was able to make sure everything went as you wanted and planned. I hope to see you and your husband back for may more special occasions to come.