“Home away from home”

Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Blanchardstown, Dublin, Ireland
“Home away from home”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Stayed here for some weeks with work throughout March and April and I can honestly say I absolutely loved it. From reception staff, to restaurant staff, accommodation staff, bar staff, the gym staff to even the head chef on the buffet at breakfast, everyone is just lovely ! The rooms are huge, immaculately clean and the beds are super comfortable, which is a rarity in hotels now days. Every morning for breakfast you're greeted with nothing but smiles and laughter. Check in is smooth and friendly and nothing is too much trouble. The company I work for use this hotel a lot for corporate travelers and we are all in agreement that this hotel is just FAB !! The food was just perfect and again nothing is too much trouble ( I'm sure I had the chefs demented with my seriously picky requests ) The guys behind the bar were absolute gents and extremely friendly !! I just can't fault the hotel at all, and I really hope I'll be back again in the near future :))

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Tom T, Manager at Rochestown Park Hotel, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear Leanne129,

I was delighted to read your review and share such wonderful comments with my team. I hope we can continue to count on your loyal custom for many more stays to come.

Head of Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
  • Polish first
Antrim
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Stayed at the Rochestown House Hotel for five nights in a junior suite. The room was very good in deed, large well appointed with a separate bedroom, lounge, dressing room and large bathroom, like a mini apartment really. The room had a fridge, two flat screen TVs and set able mood lighting. The bed was a super four poster king size with a range of pillows with varying softness. Annoyingly the room did not have bath robes or slippers which I would have thought would have been standard in a room of this sort. Also, a cooked breakfast could not be ordered to the room, only teas, juice and toast, a major disappointment as the lounge had a nice dining area. The hotel has ample parking and full wifi in all areas.

The room was very clean and was extremely well serviced by housekeeping on a daily basis.

I found the friendless of the staff ok, but at both check in and check out I had the same lady. She performed her tasks functionally but without warmth. On another occasion a male staff member bundled past us as we approached a corridor fire door carrying shopping bags when it would have been easier for him to hold the door open and let us past. As he done this and we past us after coming through the door he gave a shrug as if to indicate sorry, I got that wrong.

The leisure centre was superb with the kiddies being put out of the main pool at 1730hrs

Had two dinners at the Suttons Bistro. The first was a three course affair which was mixed. The soup starter was very tasty, lasagne main a bit strange, pale and lacking flavour, the sweet, meringue baskets with ice cream just ok. The second night was hamburgers which were standard enough fare. The breakfasts however were terrific. A full range of cereals, fruit, bread and cakes and chef on hand to serve a cooked Irish breakfast. Very well done and a highlight of our stay. Just a pity could not have had it in our suite!!!

The hotel is located on the southern edge of Cork near the village of Douglas. The village is lively with some nice bars and restaurants. The East Village is particularly good, as is the Bodega Bar / Restaurant in Cork city centre.

All in all a pleasant stay which was not spoiled by the minor quibbles as mentioned above.

Room Tip: A junior suite if possible
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Smartknot,

Thank you for sending us your comments on your recent stay at the Rochestown Park Hotel. I was disappointed to read your feedback on room service breakfast and staff and assure you I have asked my team to investigate and use your comments for staff training. Thank you for your kind words about housekeeping and the Buffet breakfast.

I do hope to welcome you back soon so you can see the positive results of your feedback.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Booked into rochestown park using trivago got a reasonable deal. On arrival, hotel reception staff friendly. Room was very outdated. Was told the hotel had undergone a €80millon euro refurbishment! Was noticeable in some parts of hotel but not the older bedrooms. Our room faced the main road and could hear the traffic on the motorway. Food in the bar was nice but overpriced. The breakfast experience the next morning was chaotic! Had to wait 20mins in a queue (on a Sunday morning) to be seated. No organisation to breakfast at all and from staying in other 4 star hotels was disappointed with this. Even stayed in 3 star hotels with more organisation. There was a wedding the previous night and the guests were skipping the breakfast queues to sit at tables with other wedding guests which was unfair in my opinion! When we eventually got seated we were served by a lovely waiter. Cooked breakfast was ok. Overall, expected a lot more from rochestown park especially when it's a well established hotel known all over Ireland!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Gtown27,

I was very disappointed to read your review and see that your stay did not meet your expectations. Please be assured I have spoken with my team about your feedback and they will investigate and action any issues that we possibly can at the Hotel. We strive to give our customers an exceptional experience during there time with us and I do hope we will return again so we have the opportunity to show you the level of service we can and do provide.

Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here in March 2014. It was a busy weekend, conference, Mothers Day, etc. The hotel was very easy to find, however the main entrance / reception was quite hard to find, we took one or two wrong turns. The main reception desk is situated at the back of the hotel, if you go in through the main door, it is quite a walk to reception. Our room was spacious and clean. Breakfast on both mornings was lovely, service was very efficient and friendly. Room service was prompt and food was still quite hot on arrival. On the down side, the room & bathroom wasn't cleaned properly on the Saturday morning, bins not emptied, etc and it was quite expensive to stay.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Jane C,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and thought so highly of the Hotel and service and I also want to assure you that the Housekeeping manager is investigating your comments on the room to make sure this does not occur again.

I do hope to welcome you back soon.

Tourmakeady, Ireland
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Not 4star standard we were a family of 4, the pool closed far too early for children at 5.30.
Reception staff not very helpful. Outdated room broken table leg dangerous with children very old TV. lift didnt work half the time restaurant good staff there very helpful and friendly. too expensive .for what you get. needs to be updated. No extra pillows in room or fridge which you need with small children. Breakfast room too hot dont need heat on. need more staff on hot food felt sorry for chef doing it all himself.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank siobhan2B
Dear siobhan2B,

I was disappointed to read your review and see that overall you had some issues with your stay. I have spoken with all of my management team and they will investigate the feedback and do any necessary training with the staff and update any other issues.

I do hope to welcome you back soon so you yourself can experience the positive outcomes of your feedback.

Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Arrived with my family and had a great few days. The packed lunch to foto island is a must. The staff are great also.....on the down side and it's only minor....the wifi is shockingly poor and the lobby is very chilly in the evening if your sitting in when the bar is full

Stayed April 2014
Dear Hungrycorkman79,

Thank you for your kind words from your recent stay with us, I was delighted you enjoyed your visit with us. Please be assured that I have asked my IT Technician to investigate your wifi feedback and see if improvements can be made.

Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Just finished a great 3 night break at Rochestown. We had our 3 dinners and breakfasts as part of the package. Food was lovely Chey and the rest of the staff in the gallery were very attentative. Our 6yr old and 4 yr old LOVED the kids club and begged to go 2 nights. Easter Egg Hunt was brilliant loved by children and adults! Would definitely recommend it only gave 4 circles because room we stayed in decor was dated and we could hear our neighbours. But very clean and comfortable and loads of room for the 4 of us. The Caldwell family rm 103.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Tom T, Manager at Rochestown Park Hotel, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear Clare-Anne C,

I was delighted to read your review and share all of your positive and kind words with my team. Our kids club also runs for the whole of the summer so I hope we can welcome you and your family all back soon.