“Amazing...”

Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Cork
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing...”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

What more can I say, the room is amazing, the staff very friendly especially Jason in suttons bar and bistro very attentive and well mannered, and check-in was swift with a very polite young girl explaining what we could do around Douglas and cork.

• Stayed May 2014
Tom T, Manager at Rochestown Park Hotel, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Guest,

I was delighted to read your comments on your stay and see how highly you thought of the hotel and the staff. I hope we can continue to exceed your expectations for many more stays to come.

Kindest Regards,
Head of Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
  • Polish first
Kerry
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Stayed here recently with a group. Hotel full due to First Communions locally but despite this the staff coped very well and were most helpful at all times, particularly the dining room supervisors in the Bar and breakfast room. The room was comfortable and clean and food of high standard. Fully recommended.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MOCKerry
Tom T, Manager at Rochestown Park Hotel, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind and positive feedback it was delightful to read and share with my team.

I do hope to welcome you back soon.

Killarney, Ireland
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

We'll first of all about hotel: beautiful hotel, very good price, leisure centre big, clean. Our deluxe room just fabulous couldn't be better.. Lovely bar with tasty food and friendly staff ... We booked table in restaurant so we were looking forward to it because everything was just perfect and here we go our table cloths was dirty, water glasses as we'll, we order wine they brought more dirty glasses with lipstick on it.. Than my starter came out cold.. There were just two things that were nice mains and waiting staff... For hotel like this you would definitely expect way more.. Even the atmosphere wasn't great... Ps.: I didn't say anything about breakfast coz I saw reviews below..

• Stayed May 2014
Dear PapayaAndDiablo,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback on your recent stay. Firstly I would like to apologize for the poor service you received in the Restaurant and I assure you we do strive to give all of our guests a four star service, I can see on this occasion we let you done on this and I have already asked my Restaurant Manager to investigate this fully and share your comments with the team to make sure this does not happen again.

I do hope to see you back at another time so you yourself can experience the positive results of your feedback.

Cookstown
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I had the pleasure and privilege of staying here through my work, working in the travel & tourist industry this hotel is ideal for group bookings, the staff are excellent in all aspects, the group I had commented on the high quality food served at all times to us although the sports team I had with me never got the result we deserved we look forward to our return in a couple of weeks when we will even up the score. Many thanks and to the hard working staff from front of house and all the team, they not only represent the hotel excellently they shine a great light on the City of Cork, well done to all and thanks.

Room Tip: I have always had a great room, but I do prefer rooms on the 5th floor
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear DCFC C,

I was delighted to read and share your commments with my team here at the Rochestown Park Hotel. It is great to read such wonderful positive comments about the staff and the hotel.

I hope to see you again on your return and also hope you get the result your team wants next time.

Head Of Operations
dublin
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Stayed here recently for work. It's very well located just off the main motorway and close enough to the main city centre. The new parts of the hotel are lovely and the bar and terrace are great. Nice friendly staff too.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear brookevilledublin,

Thank you for taking the time to post your kind words on Tripadvisor. I was delighted you enjoyed your time with us and I hope we can continue to welcome you back for more stays in the Future.

Head of Opertaions
Waterford
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I have never taken a photo of my food..... But I did this morning..... Pity I can't add it here so you could see what we were 'served' for breakfast. Such a pity as the hotel is really lovely and the service was very good.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank TsalaWaterford
Tom T, Manager at Rochestown Park Hotel, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear TsalaWaterford,

I was very disappointed to see how disappointed you were in the food and I can assure you I have discussed this with my Executive Chef for Prompt action. I can assure you we are capable for much better and will en devour to make sure this does not occur again.

I do hope to see you back again at some stage in the future so you yourself can experience the positive results of your feedback.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Very good standard of accommodation; modern beautifully decorated bedrooms and bathrooms, warm, very comfortable beds/ pillows, top class bed linen, towels and toiletries, spotlessly clean, lovely ambiance. Staff very efficient, extremely helpful, friendly, polite and accommodating, the best I have encountered in Eire. Downside, I stayed for 4 nights B and B and had quite poor quality sleep on 2 nights- lots of noise from wedding and party guests and general corridor traffic. I complained to staff but through no fault of management noise did not abate until early hours. Breakfast however was the real down point; it was truly awful on the two occasions I went to the breakfast room and difficult to understand how such poor quality food could be provided in an otherwise top class hotel? For example overcooked porridge, tinned segmented grapefruit (not fresh), cheap concentrated orange juice delivered from a metal canister (the worst I have ever tasted), rubber lukewarm toast, nasty sugar laden cheap commercial pots of marmalade in tiny plastic tubs, poor quality sausages, sloppy scrambled egg etc. This is the sort of breakfast one expects to encounter at the "Inn" style hotel chains and not a 4 Star hotel. The staff in the dining room were wonderful. I did not have time to see or use the swimming pool/ leisure facilities, which looked beautiful. Overall, I really enjoyed my stay and am would be very happy to return. The staff and standard of accommodation are excellent and deserve their stars.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Tom T, Manager at Rochestown Park Hotel, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear 38Mac38,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback. I was glad to read that you thought so highly of the hotel and staff and I wanted to assure you that we take all customer feedback on board as we welcome any opportunity to make improvements for our guests, with this in mind I have passed your comments on breakfast to my Executive Chef for investigation and action as soon as possible.

I do hope to welcome you back in the Future.