“relaxing stay”

Rochestown Park Hotel
Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Reviewed 20 July 2014

The staff were all so helpful, the place was very clean. The leisure centre pool so nice and warm. The meals were excellent. We stay there on the 17th of July. Another plus was a real double bed, so many hotels have two single beds stuck together. Is so much more romantic to have real double bed. Ti is an excellent base to explore Cork City and its surroundings. Yes and the free wifi worked in the rooms not just in the lobby.

Room Tip: Really there are no fantastic views from this hotel as it is in a suburb of Cork.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Tom T, Manager at Rochestown Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Dear Guest,

I was delighted to red that you enjoyed your time with us and I have shared your kind words with all here at the Rochestown Park Hotel.

I do hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed with a friend for 1 night. Really enjoyed every minute. Reception is a lovely, bright airy and welcoming open space. Check in was casual with staff chatting but everyone was very friendly. Went for dinner in Suttons. Again a great looking and feeling space. Very friendly staff, good selection on menu. Ordered the burger. Gorgeous! Stayed and had wine on the terrace. Lovely. Breakfast in the gallery restaurant was busy but well run. Smiling staff led by suresh. great selection on buffet. My bedroom was fantastic. Modern clean comfortable. Will definitely stay again when in Cork. Thanks to all involved.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your kind and positive feedback. I was delighted you enjoyed your stay and thought so highly of the hotel and team here particular,y Suresh who you mentioned so highly.

I do hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We travelled from Dublin to Cork for a three night stay at Rochestown Park Hotel.
THE HOTEL: I had rang the hotel to confirm my booking,asked for one of the recently renovated rooms( as advised on Trip Advisor) and was told "no problem,you will be in room 329 with a garden view." Impressive!
When we walked into room 329 we were shocked. One by how small the room was,how dark the room was and the view from our room was the worst view we have ever had of any hotel we've stayed in (see photos).

The Room: Too small for a four star hotel; Wardrobe space holds five garments at a squeeze(wardrobe is 1 foot in width),ridiculous! No safe in room. Basically zero storage space,you have to work out of your case.
A drawer unit beside the bed would be much better than just a tabletop.
The space wasted on a very large work desk is just simply crazy also an extremely large chair is placed beside a very small table,get rid of them,they serve no purpose.
The bathroom is fantastic,bright and the shower is really super.As well as a very large spray head there are also three spray heads at the side which have some serious water pressure to them.

The Food: This hotel knows how to cook and present food. A good variety in choice and reasonably priced for the excellent quality. We eat here each day and each time we were impressed.
Breakfast is very good,plenty available and the service was very good.
Leisure Centre: Did not use(weather was too nice) but it looks great.

If you can get over the small room or perhaps arrange a room upgrade,it's a hotel worth a visit.

Cashel: Stopped off in Feenan's on the Main Street, good service & food.
Youghal: The Quays Bar is a really nice place to eat.
Kinsale: The Lemonleaf Cafe, Terrific food!

Room Tip: Ask for a deluxe room,the standard is way to small
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback. I can assure you we take all customer feedback on board and I have shared all of your feedback with my Management team for review and action.

I do hope you return to us soon so you can see the positive outcomes of your feedback at work.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Myself and a colleague stayed here for 2 nights in early July. It is a large hotel and whilst lacking in charachter was OK for a business trip. The reception is huge. The staff seemed to be not happy to be working there. The restaurant is good and the food excellent.

Stayed: July 2014
Tom T, Manager at Rochestown Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. I have shared all of your comments with my management team for review.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Make sure you request a renovated room, that is all can say.. I was there for 3 nights, asked every day for a change in room, and was told there was no availability. Furniture was old and worn, there was not even a chair for the desk when I arrived. If compared to the pictures on the site, everything about the living space in the room was an outright lie. My room was on the highway side of the hotel, but the noise was so loud I had to close the windows. Unfortunately the AC was louder, so I had a lot of trouble sleeping. I had arrived from the UK, so thank goodness I was already over my jet lag. The bathroom, on the other hand, was lovely and clean. I slept the last night there on the bathroom floor, where it was cool and quiet. I had a laugh checking out, because, I wasn't asked about my stay... figures. Breakfast and restaurant were fine, and I did not use the leisure center.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room, away from the highway.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Betty and Neal W

Dear Guest,

I cannot tell you how disappointed me and my team were to read your feedback. We strive o make sure all of our customers experience a friendly, professional and high level of service throughout the hotel and I can see for your feedback that you did not receive this during your time with us. Your feedback with be actioned and used as a training tool with our staff to make sure this does not occur again and I hope to see you back with us sometime so you can yourself experience the positive results of your comments in action.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Beautiful part of Ireland with lots to see and do. The Hotel is set in lovely grounds with great facilities. The foyer is a real feature. Leisure centre is very clean with sauna and steam room in working order. Pool is 20m with a few quiet areas for babies and toddlers. Two restaurants Sutton's Bar or Willow restaurant. Food is well priced, plentiful and choice is very good. Buffet breakfast has a good choice, you will not go hungry. Staff are very friendly and attentive. We went on a Foto park two day break and the hotel even gave us a packed lunch (remember to tell them which day you would like it). The only one negative we had was the room was not serviced. Great place for families and/or couples alike. Douglas shopping centre within walking distance.

Room Tip: Ask for "new" part of the hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

I was delighted to share your kind and positive feedback with my team. I also wanted to assure you that I have spoken with the Accommodation manager in regards to your comments on the room being serviced and she will investigate this.

I do hope to welcome you and your family back very soon.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

I staied here in this hotel one night (I eas travelling for budiness), good stay and excellent breakfast in the morning. Not possible for time reason check all the hotel is offering, but seems fine.
Room was very large, all comfort, large TV screen provided.
Hope if coming back again in Cork to stay longer.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sending us your feedback. I have shared all of your kind words with my team and I do hope to welcome you back soon.