“Absolute luxury!!! Best breakfast ever!!”

Maryborough Hotel & Spa
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Kerry, Ireland
“Absolute luxury!!! Best breakfast ever!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2012

As usual a fabulous stay!! I have stayed here many times and it never let's me down. Luxurious hotel, great spacious rooms with bedroom door opening to lovely deck and garden, great spa and extensive breakfast choice. Love this hotel and its always a treat to stay here. Staff are friendly and interested.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms, 125, 127, 129 .. Have door opening to deck and garden ... Beautiful!
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Dominic H, Guest Relations Manager at Maryborough Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 31 January 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for a nice review on Trip Advisor. Your very nice comments have been passed onto our staff. Hope to see you again sometime soon

Deputy General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (317)
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2012

I booked this hotel while driving to Cork so had not much time to research it. What a find great staff so helpful it was great. Food served in quick time as i was late arriving and it was great food. Room was fantastic and breakfast was great also. Sorry I did not have more time here I will be back.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Dear CrockerDublin,

Thank you for your very nice review, and I am really happy that you have found us too!! I look forward to welcoming you back to The Maryborough Hotel & Spa in the near future.

Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2012

My wife and I were attending a wedding reception in this hotel. We booked a "2B&B1D".
The meal at the reception was excellent - ample portions.
Our dinner the previous evening was not great - poor enough to bring to the attention of the duty manager. My wife chose fillet steak for her main; quite a small portion, at a price of €27.
At check out there was a bill for €23.85 for extras at dinner. There was no notice that the choice at dinner was restricted - we were handed the menu without comment. And €23.85 strikes us like alot of extras.
This hotel claims to be 4*. It sure did not feel that way to us. We would not be inclined to return.
Let me add that we used the Spa. Excellent.

Dear guest,

I'm very sorry that we did not live up to your expectations on the second night of your stay. The extras on the menu should have been explained to you by your waiter and I am really sorry that this was not the case. Should you wish to discuss any further details, please contact me at dheaney@maryborough.ie. At The Maryborough, we welcome all comments, both positive and negative as it helps us to improve all of the time.

Limerick, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2012

My wife and I booked an overnight stay at the Maryborough last weekend. We chose the hotel expecting an old fashioned style hotel and were not disappointed. The hotel is set in beautiful grounds and has a unique look about it. Check it was quick and we were surprised to have received an upgrade to a mini suite. The rooms were clean, comfortable and very spacious. The wooden beams and exposed brick along with the furniture made us feel like we were stepping back in time.
There are a lot of positives about the hotel, helpful and efficient check in, upgrade to the suite, grounds and interior of the hotel, allowed us to enjoy our stay. However, in the evening we ordered some food in the bar. After a long wait we asked a member of staff about the order to be told that it had been ready for sometime and had not been brought out to us. The food itself was very nice but had gone a little cold by the time we had received it. The following morning we arrived down to breakfast. Despite not being too busy, we waited for some time before seeing a menu, another long wait to have our order taken. Once the food arrived, the server had totally mixed up the orders. This was not the service you would expect from a 4 star hotel and not what you would expect given the price we paid.
In summary, I would recommend staying at the hotel to experience the suites. However I would caution against dining on site. The food in the bar and breakfast was very nice, the service however left a lot to be desired.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank chris m
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I'm so happy that you appreciated an efficient check in and an upgrade to a suite. However, I am disappointed that you did not get the service that you would expect from us. Your points are very valid and I will be passing on your comments to the Restaurant Manager. We welcome all comments both good and bad as it helps us to improve. Should you wish to discuss you stay please contact me at dheaney@maryborough.ie

carlow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2012

I had the pleasure of staying in this wonderful hotel recently. What a gem! I hadn't heard of it before I stayed there but I will certainly be staying again. There was nothing that I could complain about; the room was lovely, and the food was excellent. We dined in the bar on both nights and the food was very good and the service even better. We were looked after by (and I hope I have his name right) Felix. He was brilliant; very professional and so pleasant. He really made our night on both occasions. Breakfast was excellent both the cooked and the rest. If I really wanted to complain it was just a little out of town and the bus service wasn't all that frequent. Otherwise it was just great.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive review. I am happy to pass on your comments to all departments. I am glad you found everything to your satisfaction. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

wexford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2012

My Husband & I spent another wonderful night in Maryborough last week, and it is fair to say nothing has changed!! It is still one of the BEST hotels I have ever stayed in, and believe me, as I travelled for work that has been a lot of hotels.Everything is exceptional in this Hotel from the friendly and helpfull staff to the food and the rooms.
When we were there the Restaurant was having a refit, but apart from knowing it was happening there was no disruption to the quality of food or service either in The Restaurant or Bar..
I cannot wait to get back to see what it all looks like when it is finished!!
Many Thanks to all especially Carmel in Reservations for all her help with an upcoming Ladies weekend in The New Year.... Oh and welcome back to Sarah!!!

Room Tip: It is easy to pick a good room in this Hotel as they are all of a very high Standard, but my favouri...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank joanWexford
Dear Guest,

Thank you for such a nice review. I am glad to be able to pass on the nice comments to both Carmel and Sarah. Now that the new restaurant is open, we would love for you to return and see the finished product. It is always well appreciated to get return guest compliments, so thank you once again.

Lodi, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2012

We had no expectations when we booked this stay but what we found was beyond ANY of our wildest dreams. Our suite was unexplainable. There are some pictures but if you can - book it for yourself and you'll see what I mean. With the exception of one stand-offish receptionist who greeted us on arrival, the staff was so friendly from the other receptionists to the bartenders, porters, waiters and the like. The food? AWESOME. I had one of the best pork dishes ever and our breakfast in the morning was delicious. It's not too far from the center of town and we will be staying again when we go back to Ireland.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

All we can say is WOW also after your very nice comments. I am really happy that you went to the trouble of not only writing a review but also posting some photos up of your room. Thank you so much as we love to see our customers leaving with the WOW factor !!!