“Maryborough excels”

Maryborough Hotel & Spa
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Reviewed 12 July 2014

This was our first time staying at the Maryborough, although the hotel setting is in a private wooded area it is still close enough to the city centre. The gardens are very well maintained and are excellent for photographic opportunities. The staff were extremely helpful and nothing was too much trouble. I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel and we will definitely be returning.
Marie and Peter Roche

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Write a ReviewReviews (2,090)

Reviewed 12 July 2014

First time to Ireland great hospitality, staff at hotel great really helpful. Found room bit hot but I read reviews beforehand & took our own small fan so was no prob. Bus near hotel in & out of Cork bit complicated but by the end of the 4 days we had mastered it & finding our way round area but locals so friendly not a problem. Would recommend this hotel as although expensive it was lovely & staff & spa great.

Room Tip: We were located long way from lift & our room was very quiet so maybe this was a good thing
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2014

First time in Ireland with traveling all the way from San Francisco, I was so incredibly surprised by the great hospitality throughout Ireland. Upon arrival into Cork (Douglass Area), I was exhausted from traveling with connections through Dublin and 2.45 hour train ride... The reception was incredibly helpful in getting me into my room and setting me up. From there, showered and changed to meet my friends who traveled all the way from Sydney for the wedding... I was met at the bar and restaurant staff with the most sincerest welcome. Not only was the service impecible... but the FOOD was beyond incredible. The complimentary breakfast was that of the highest class restaurants... really great menu and presented with perfection!

You really cannot go wrong when staying at this hotel. Food, Service to the incredible and beautiful spa - you are truly embraced by the lap of luxury at this hotel. If you are at the bar... make sure to say hello to my friends (as of now) - Simon, Mark and Linda... they will take excellent care of you! Thank you Maryborough hotel for making this long journey for my friends special day/night the best EVER!

Room Tip: The Spa rooms are quiet, spacious and very modern... well worth the money!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
TheMaryborough, Digital Marketing Executive at Maryborough Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Will H,

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your recent visit to The Maryborough. We’re delighted you enjoyed your stay and appreciated the Irish hospitality during your holiday. We’re so pleased you also enjoyed the food while you were here. I hope you had time to relax in the spa and make use of the gardens. I will be sure to pass along your kind remarks to our team as I know they’ll be absolutely thrilled to hear them. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back if you happen to be in Ireland in the future. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Need high speed line at reception for credit cards. ? There was a spot of bother with my BoI Visa card which may have been too close to the limit to use. But the dial up line seemed slo in sorting this out . However my AIB Visa debit worked ok.
Maybe your Executives were just being very polite in getting this sorted. @€180 quite expensive for B&B but spar was a bonus.

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Bstsnd,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the hotel. Our reception team had made note of the issue they were having with the credit card machine. Our Deputy General Manager is currently investigating the problem and will be working to prevent any further delays. We hope that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you again for your review, and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Don't get a room overlooking the garden, but how can one tell that from the website? Especially when there are any events going on. We were willing to pay more but did not have opportunity. Parties going on into the night. Kids running around on the lawn. And we were put right by the elevator. Really no privacy. There were events both nights we were there. Bed hard as a rock, room was hot and the only way to allow air in was door to the patio. The breakfast was not great as in a total wreck when we arrived. All of the staff were lovely and tried their hardest when I complained.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Frank Z,

Thank you for your recent review of the hotel. I would like to offer my sincere apologies that you were disappointed in your stay. It is always our top priority to ensure the highest quality experience for all of our guests, and we are disheartened we fell short during your visit. Unfortunately, we cannot always guarantee a garden facing room, but we do our best to meet guest’s requests as frequently as possible. Please know that I have passed your feedback along to our management team, and we will be discussing the issues and working to make improvements. I am pleased to hear that our staff were friendly and made every effort to enhance your stay. Thank you again for your review.

Digital Marketing

Reviewed 10 July 2014

A friend and I came to stay for one night. This was my fifth stay and I was not disapppointed. We come annually! We had the dinner and spa treatment package. The spa experience was fabulous. I came away from my treatment feeling suitably chilled. Dinner was lovely as always.The food is always great quality. Our room was spacious, comfortable and had a lovely view of the gardens. Breakfast the next day was great. A great selection and great start to the day. The grounds are lovely, and nice for a walk on a good day. I will be back again for sure.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear G W,

Thank you so much for choosing The Maryborough on a number of different occasions while visiting Cork. We’re absolutely delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay once again. It’s the highest of compliments for you to choose to return each year, and we look forward to your next annual visit. I’m so pleased you were able to take advantage of our luxurious spa facilities and hope you were able to unwind and relax during your stay. I’m also glad you enjoyed your dining experience in Bellini’s for both breakfast and dinner. Thank you again for taking the time to post a review, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Lovely setting.... very friendly and helpful staff.... comfortable beds in good sized room. Spent two nights here and used the restaurant for dinner as well as breakfast. Food was very good and the breakfast menu offered a varied selection to start the day well. Would certainly return.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family