Maryborough Hotel & Spa
US$402
Cork Airport Hotel(Cork)(Great Value!)
US$243
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
2,174 results
All reviewsthermal suitelovely hotelon arrivalrelaxation roomdouglas villageeggs benedictcork citychanging roomsrelaxing breaktop classa lovely stayboth morningsleisure centrebar and restaurantfood was lovelylast weekendenjoyable stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Hotel was really lovely, service was great, food was fantastic, perfect location. The only one thing that was disappointing was the pet farm an the activities that are advertised, there was no one there to assist an the place was a bit messy. However the pool an changing rooms etc were excellent also, we would definately go back

• Stayed: July 2014
TheMaryborough, Digital Marketing Executive at Maryborough Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear ebonypam,

Thank you for your recent review regarding your stay at The Maryborough. We’re delighted to hear that you found your stay with us very enjoyable. Thank you for your compliments regarding the service and food quality. I’m also pleased our location was convenient for you. We’re thrilled, as well, that you were able to make use of our pool and leisure facilities. I would like to offer my sincere apologies that you were disappointed in our pet farm and activities. Please know that we have taken your feedback to heart and since made adjustments and improvements to both. Our pet farm has been cleaned and organised, and we have added more activities. We do still require that children visiting the pet farm and activity area are accompanied by an adult as no full time staff member is dedicated to the area. However, our management team and staff do make a point to visit and check-in on the pet farm regularly throughout the day. We do hope you will choose to visit us again, and we look forward to welcoming you back. Thank you again for taking the time to post a review.

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

We had a two night stay and it was a birthday treat for me. A very enjoyable and relaxing time with great food and comfortable surroundings. Very friendly and helpful staff. Thanks all round. We are already looking forward to a return visit.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Stayed at the maryborough for 2 nights to attend a wedding beautiful hotel and grounds we had dinner in Bellini bar the sirloin steak was first class I highly recommend you try it Alan Moynihan and all the bar and breakfast staff done a great job they really looked after us and made us very welcome yes I would stay again

Room Tip: Second floor they have very large balconys
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
TheMaryborough, Digital Marketing Executive at Maryborough Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Katherine L,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent experiences at the hotel. We’re thrilled you were pleased with your stay while attending the wedding. We’re also delighted you had the opportunity to dine in Bellini’s and enjoyed the food and service. I’ll be sure to pass your feedback on to Alan and the team. Thank you again for your review, and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Didn't like the hotel at all very overpriced for what is was. Mediocre service. Room was horrible food was way overpriced and average wouldn't stay again. Hotel needs to step up its hospitality wouldn't recommend this hotel

Dear sarahmelia11,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience at the hotel. I would like to offer my apologies that you were disappointed in your stay. We’re quite surprised with the feedback as it is fairly atypical. We would appreciate hearing further details so that we can explore specific issues and make adjustments where necessary. If you feel comfortable, please contact Shane McShortall, our Deputy General Manager directly at smcshortall@maryborough.ie. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Checking in on a solo overnight trip and hoping for a quiet night sleep the first thing I noticed was a wedding reception spilling out of a door and my heart sank. That was a only a brief concern as I checked in and heard the magic words "We have given you a free upgrade." My stay was an absolute pleasure from start to finish. Dinner in the bar was fine, the service excellent. Room quiet, bed extremely comfortable, breakfast delicious. The home made biscuits left in the room were worth the trip alone and though they were available as part of the breakfast buffet I couldn't justify having them solely for breakfast!
As I left, I found myself trying to work out how I could manufacture a reason to return to Cork to chill out at the Maryborough. It was simply lovely - thank you!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Dear Ruth123,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your experiences at The Maryborough. We’re so pleased you enjoyed your visit and hope you are able to return in the future. We’re glad to hear of the excellent service you received and delighted you appreciated the biscuits. I find them quite addicting myself. Thank you again for your review, and we look forward to welcoming you back sometime soon.