“Enjoyed my stay”
Review of Ashley Hotel

Ashley Hotel
Ranked #23 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Reviewed 25 April 2013

This is my fourth visit to Cork, and I again stayed at this long established hotel. Not only is it ideally situated in the center of the city, but it is within easy walking distance of many tourist attractions, such as the old gaol. The staff are friendly, the room rates are reasonable, the owner charming. I have no hesitation in recomending the Ashley hotel.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
CorkAshley, Manager at Ashley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2013

Thank you for your kind words and recommendations and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your business and kind support

Reviewed 8 April 2013

I arrived at the Ashley Hotel to be greeted by the very lovey Anita who happily upgraded my room after I'd booked a single room rather than a double room. The hotel was really close to the city centre and was just a quick stop away from getting the bus for the City Sightseeing Tour. The room was clean and comfortable. Anita was an extremely attentive, courteous and interesting person to deal with

If I was ever going to back to Cork then I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
CorkAshley, Manager at Ashley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2013

You are more than welcome and I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your compliments

Reviewed 18 February 2013

We booked the ashley hotel for a saturday night.Found it hard to find the hotel. when we found it we discover that the car park only had 5 space.when we arrived we found the manger of the hotel nice.When we got to the room it was small and a smell of smoke in the room .Bathroom tiny as well the room needs a good decorating .Very disappoint with the hotel,we would not book that hotel again .I went back to the manager told her we want to check out she gave us our money back .We found a lovely hotel after a while and enjoy our stay their.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank caroline n

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your review.

It is a pity that you did not accept an offer to show you a different room to your liking for your comfortable stay. We have a variety of smoking and non-smoking rooms available in the hotel. Our car park space is of a limited availability however The Ashley Hotel provides it free of charge as one of the very few hotels in Cork City.

Reviewed 9 October 2012

no hot water , dirty and damp and waste of money . would be better of as a cheap hostel rather than hotel. total kip. throw your money in the lee rather than wasting it in this filthy unfriendly place.

Room Tip: go some where else
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
7  Thank clairakerry
CorkAshley, General Manager at Ashley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2012

Dear Madam,

We are dissapointed with your comments that are unfounded.

Reviewed 16 September 2012

I have been in the Ashley hotel for a month, the service provide for all the staff was really impressive! The manager of the Hotel, Anita and her staff were very helpful going to the extra mile in each opportunity that they have to help you. I really feel like in home, the room was huge and the bathroom was enormous! The room has nice amenities, and the housekeeping service was excellent. I really recommend this hotel for everyone, also is really close to the city centre (2 minutes walk) and it has a really nice price. Was a perfect stay, quiet and very comfortable also the menu in the restaurant was very good! and you can have a really nice meal for a good price.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 July 2012

My daughter and I stayed here at the beginning and end of a bicycle trip around Ireland. They stored our bicycle boxes, helped us arrange a nights stay while on our tour, and could not have been more helpful with anything we needed. You don't find this level of treatment in many places but the entire staff went out of their way while we were there. Reading reviews...no...the rooms are not five star but its clean, well run and close to everything in Cork...if you need more than that, consider staying home.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Jeff K

Thank you for your compliments and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay

Reviewed 3 July 2012

After reading a negative comment, I was hesistant to continue with my booking-but I did and I was so glad. An excellent stay-I don't know why people are so nasty with their unnecessary comments. A great stay and I will be back.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sarah C

Thank you for your kind review I alsways appreciate a customers feed back.