“Mixed feelings” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #20 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Dublin
“Mixed feelings”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2013

I'm a business traveller. Booked the hotel on the day. The reservations girl took my details but not my credit card. She asked what time I would arrive, I said after 7pm. At 8pm, I received a call from the hotel saying that as I hadn't arrived when intended, they were giving away my room.

As I was on my way, this news was surprising to say the least, but my credit card secured the booking & the receptionist was apologetic when I arrived. Full house apparently.

What I didn't like was that it took me ages to find a parking space & had a bit of a walk to the entrance. On the way up, my high heel got stuck on a grate outside the restaurant & pulled the whole heel off my shoe!!! Unfortunate but I suppose I can't blame the hotel for it. Doubt I'm the first woman it's happened to.

The lobby was impressive. The staff were friendly. The room was average, but was very disappointed that I had been allocated a smoking room. As a staunch non-smoker, I was disgusted by the smell.

Found the room clean & bed comfie. Bathroom was clean too.

I ordered cheesecake from room service as a treat and paid €6.95. I was bitterly disappointed in it too. Soggy and room temperature.

I was due to go back but have changed my plans.

My price didn't include breakfast so cannot comment on it.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Crystallamp
Juan Pablo T, Front Office Manager at Clayton Hotel Silver Springs, responded to this review, 20 February 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comment regarding your recent stay.

I am extremely disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay and I would very much welcome the opportunity to discuss the issues that you raised and hopefully help you reconsider and give us the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future, please contact me directly on frontoffice.silversprings@moranhotels.com or on 021 450 7533.

Kind Regards

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2013

I stayed in the hotel for 2nights this week I found the lighting in room very poor Bathroom was not veryclean the shower holder was coming away from the wall and the paint was falling from ceiling. the hotel has no Leisure Centre,

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Securityman186605
Juan Pablo T, Front Office Manager at Clayton Hotel Silver Springs, responded to this review, 7 February 2013

Thank you very much for your review on Tripadvisor.

We are terribly sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us, and I would very much welcome the opportunity to discuss the issues that you raised in more detail.

We pride ourselves for offering excellent level of cleanliness throughout all our guest rooms and public areas, and this has been recognized by independent inspectors awarding our hotel on a yearly basis. However if on this occasion the bathroom was not up to a level expected from a hotel of our category I sincerely apologize and I have informed the relevant parties to avoid a similar incident reoccurring.

With regards to your comments about not providing a leisure centre, please accept our apologies if you were misinformed, however we do provide the complimentary use of Source Leisure Centre which is located within the grounds of the hotel.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcoming you back in the near future, and if I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly on frontoffice.silversprings@moranhotels.com.

Kind regards

Front Office Manager

Travellers are raving about these Cork hotels

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2013

We stayed here for one night while attending a gig in cork.

The hotel itself was on a very busy road and a good bit away from the city, walking distance if you have a spare 30-45mins or an easy taxi ride.

It is perched on a hill however provides no real view or anything and the walk to and from town is just run down properties all the way.

However the bed was very comfy!!! that's the main thing.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Juan Pablo T, Front Office Manager at Clayton Hotel Silver Springs, responded to this review, 21 January 2013

Thank you very much for your review on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your sleep and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future, and please let me know if I can assist you in allocating a room with a better view.

Yours sincerely,

Galway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2013

I recently booked a family room with an extra cot for my 8 month old baby. I ordered a quiet, spacious room and was not disappointed. The room had 2 double beds and plenty of space for the cot and for us to move around. Despite the abundance of 80's brown around the place, it was clean and pleasant. Unfortunately there was no air con, but I left the window open until bedtime ( and kept my valuables with me) and it did the job - the temp was fine all night. The bathroom was also spacious & while the bath with the billowing shower curtain felt a little claustrophobic, the shower was powerful & hot. The hotel has done it's best to update the bathroom with new tiling.
There was an unpleasant musty smell along the corridor on the second floor but this didn't carry into the room. The lift only takes about 5 people so if it's busy, use the stairs or you'll be waiting a while.
The staff was very pleasant from check in to checkout and made us feel very welcome.
The only food we had was breakfast & it was very good. There was plenty of everything we needed and table service for the hot food which was quick. There was plenty of room and it was relaxing with nobody rushing us out.
I'll definitely return as it was good value

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of the hotel.

We are truly delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. We pride ourselves for being a family friendly hotel and it is really rewarding to receive feedback such as yours.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future, and if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly on frontoffice.silversprings@moranhotels.com.

Kind regards,

Leixlip, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2013

Stayed here before so i was surprised by the musty smell all along the 2nd floor from the carpet,as a good industial clean would sort the issue.The wife also complained about smell in bathroom which i could not get,however i assume we grew accustomed to the smell as it did not have the same effect the longer we stayed.The staff,the food and everything else was very good.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank corky109

Thank you very much for your review on Tripadvisor.

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused by the unpleasant odour you experienced during your recent stay with us. This was caused by a leak and it has now been rectified.

I truly hope that your last stay did not tarnish your opinion of our establishment and I would very much welcome the opportunity to discuss these issues in more detail. If so please contact me direclty on frontoffice.silversprings@moranhotels.com or on 021 450 7533.

Yours sincerely,

Tipperary, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2012

Stayed here last weekend.Lovely hotel, with great atmosphere which large hotels sometimes lack. The room was modern but in a good way, very clean with a cosy 90s charm and very comfortable bed, had a lovely view of the tivoli docks, breakfast was tasty, bar food was good, couple of veggie options. Didn't get a chance to try room service but the menu had plenty to offer. Would highly recommend, only draw back is distance from the city centre, it's bout half an hour walk, but there are buses and taxis. Will be back !

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Cork
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2012

We had our Christmas party on the 1st December in the Conference & banqueting centre in the Regency suite.
Everyone had a fantastic night from the food to the service. Would highly recommend the hotel no matter how small or large your group is. Also it is the perfect location especially when you are getting a taxi later on that night.
Thanks again to everyone involved and to a fantastic job well done.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business