“Lovely place to stay”

Clayton Hotel Silver Springs
Ranked #20 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

Just back from a two night stay with my husband and 2 kids. Couldn't fault the hotel. We had dinner in the restaurant on the first night and it was fabulous. They have a great kids menu too. Not the usual nuggets and chips!!! Breakfast each morning was great. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the rooms very comfortable. The leisure centre is basic enough but it didn't take from our stay.

Stayed: November 2013
Juan Pablo T, Front Office Manager at Clayton Hotel Silver Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear Carophil73,

Thank you very much for such lovely review in relation to your recent stay with us.

We are delighted that you and your family left us with such great memories. In recent years we have placed a lot of effort to become one of Cork best family friendly hotels, and we are truly proud to receive this type of feedback.

We look forward to welcome you and your family back in the near future, and if I can be of further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

We stayed overnight as we were attending a soccer match in Turners Cross between Cork city and St Patrick's Athletic and what a lovely place to stay the hotel is a short distance away from the town centre the football grounds are 6/7 miles away buses are available and in easy distance from the home of Munster rugby in Thomond park, the hotel staff were just so helpfull in everything we required we stayed in the Vernon suite and what a room it had the WOW factor from the moment we entered the room it was just perfect, some times people forget how hard hotel staff work and we have to say that when were there in the hotel and it was very busy due to the Bank holiday and the Cork Jazz festival taking place the city the staff made it a most lovely place to stay from the reception to the cleaners to the bar staff all just wonderfull people who had time for all customers we would highly recommend this hotel to anybody

Room Tip: if you can book the Vernon suite take it as it is just lovely room and has everything you need
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Alpharooms

Dear stp12_12,

Thank you very much for such great review of our hotel.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay in one of our luxurious suites. They are indeed wonderful rooms, and may I add at very good value for money as they can bee booked from only an extra €40.00 supplement on our standard room rate.

I also would like to thank you for the kind words in relation to our staff. It is extremely rewarding when our customers acknowledge the great work done by our personnel on a daily basis.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 24 October 2013

I have stayed at the Silver Springs a good few times now, over the years, and have never really been dissapointed, with the hotel Lounge/Bar very nice, the rooms are ok, Nice flat screen TV and free WIFI which has quite good speeds, I suppose the bathrooms could do with a wee bit of updating, but nothing to complain about and most importantly clean.

The real reason for my review is the food, I don't know whats happened in the kitchen, but full marks to whoever is in charge, every dish I have tried is fantastic with great presentation as well, It really does make a difference as I usually swap between hotels in Cork, but I'm happy to stick with The Silver Springs.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Dougstar,

Thank you very much for such lovely review in relation to your recent stay.

We are deligthed that you enjoyed your stay. I have passed your comments to our Head Chef and his team, as it gives us tremendous pride when we receive such great feedback.

I also wish to inform you that we have just started refurbishing all guests bathrooms, and they will all be completed by the end of the year.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

I stayed here for two nights while on business.

Overall the hotel is fine but there are a few things to keep in mind.

Hotel is a bit of a walk from city centre. In fairness they do advertise this but just be aware.

Check in and check out was efficient and staff were friendly.

Room was furnished ok (bathrooms a bit outdated though, and could do with an extractor fan) but my room had a problem with damp / condensation. The sheets felt noticeably damp when I got into them one night. A shirt I had hanging up felt the same the next morning. It had been raining pretty heavy that day so perhaps this was a contributing factor.

The food in the bar was nice but please dont serve the fish in a fryer basket. You may think it looks cool but it is a pain to eat out of. Forget this nonsense and put it on a plate. The food was nice, it does not need gimmicks.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Juan Pablo T, Front Office Manager at Clayton Hotel Silver Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2013

Dear JustinKearney,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post review in relation to your recent stay.

I am truly sorry that we did not meet your expectations, and I thank you for bringing your views to our attention.

We are very aware about the need to refurbish the bathrooms and we will be starting a full refurbishment of all bathrooms from beginning of November 2013.

I also thank you for your comments regarding our staff. We are delighted that despite your overall stay was not satisfactory, the friendliness and efficiency of our staff had a positive impression.

With regards to your comments about the food in our Lounge Bar, I wish to inform you that our Head Chef has recently launched a brand new menu with an enhanced focus on a more sophisticated presentation, which has been received by our customers with wonderful feedback. The frying basket for the fish and chips is only meant to be on the plate for presentation purpose only, and if you found this an inconvenience I am sincerely sorry.

JustinKearney, I hope that this last experience will not deter you from coming back to our hotel, as we would be delighted to welcoming you back especially with our newly renovated guest room bathrooms. Should I also be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Celebrated our Wedding Day in Silversprings Moran Hotel in September.
Staff were fantastic - friendly and welcoming especially Mariska during the run up to our wedding and James on the day.
Our drinks reception was relaxed and enjoyable with Conor from the hotel providing the musical entertainment.
All of our guests commented on the venue and how delicious the food was which in our eyes is the most important requirement - to make sure our guests were taken care of.
We had a stress free day and were able to relax and enjoy the company of our friends and family.
Breakfast was excellent and rooms were comfy and clean
We would have no hesitation in recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank brooksmrsb78

Dear brooksmrsb78,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review in relation to your Wedding.

We are truly delighted that you and your guests had such a wonderful time on the most important day of your married life.

Organizing a wedding as you know can be quite stressful, and our team are exceptional at ensuring that we look after all details so that you and your guests can focus on just enjoying the day.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your first wedding anniversary, and if we can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

Just came back from cork last week and stayed at the imperial hotel in the centre which was very good but the month before stayed at silver spring and would just like to say the food at the silver springs was in a different league I was there for 2 week with work and ate every night being a bit of a foodie i would say as far hotel food goes this was to the highest standard I have ever had without the couple of times I have ate at Michelin star

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Juan Pablo T, Front Office Manager at Clayton Hotel Silver Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Dear Paul C,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such fabulous review in relation to your recent stay.

We are delighted that after such a long stay we consistently exceeded your expectations. We are very privileged in having Gary Burke as our Head Chef and your comments have made his team very proud, as it means a lot when customers acknowledge their effort.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future, and if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

just returned from a weekend at this hotel , really nice hotel . we are smokers & were told our room was on the 6th floor it crossed our minds we were being put out of the way but could not have been more wrong , the room was great maybe a little small but really clean & the view was brilliant , waking up to the boats on the river lee, each morning , bathroom needs updating , breakfast was excellent , food very good , staff very good , & plenty of them which is nice as you are not waiting for tea & toast . we ate both nights at the hotel bar again both food & service were excellent . & very well priced . made two request at reception one that tv would not come on & looking for extra pillows both dealt in a very quick manner , would stay again.

Room Tip: high rooms at front of the hotel great views
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Juan Pablo T, Front Office Manager at Clayton Hotel Silver Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Dear James R,

Thank you very much for your lovely review.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Your comments reflect exactly the type of experience we always strive to offer to our customers, efficient friendly service at competitive prices.

With regards to your comments in relation to the bathrooms, I wish to inform you that we are in the process to commence a renovation of all guestrooms bathrooms, which will be finalized by the end of the current year.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.