“Great quality, great value and great service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Clayton Hotel Silver Springs

Clayton Hotel Silver Springs
Ranked #20 of 23 Hotels in Cork
London, United Kingdom
“Great quality, great value and great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

Just spent a brilliant weekend at this hotel, booked a 3 for 2 deal from their website which included one dinner. Fantastic value, the hotel is situated just outside the city centre but only 5-10 mins from city centre in a taxi. Warm welcome on arrival and friendly service during all interaction from the reception team. Same for restaurant and bar staff. The rooms are well appointed, the bathrooms are a bit dated but are spotless which is a credit to their housekeeping team. We exchanged our dinner included for a lunch on the last day and staff were very flexible about this. All in all a great stay, would highly recommend and will definetly return when in Cork next.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ciaran B
Juan Pablo T, Front Office Manager at Clayton Hotel Silver Springs, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Dear Ciaran B,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay, and it is terrific to receive such great feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back soon, and by then all our bathrooms will be refurbished, which hopefully will further enhance your stay.

Should you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
County Kerry, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

Got a cheap last minute room in this hotel. It was an nice place. Parking was a bit annoying as upper level car park was hard to find in dark. The receptionist was very nice. The lift & corridors were shabby. The level nos were covered with duck tape. The room was okay. Was lacking a main light as we had to turn on all lamps to get proper light. The bathroom was shabby n old. The shower curtain stuck to me when showering VERY annoying! Over all it was worth what I paid but don't think I'd return

• Stayed November 2013
Dear 2011_louise81,

Thank you very much for writing a review in relation to your recent stay.

I am disappointed that we did not entirely meet your expectations, however I am pleased that most of the valid issues you raised are currently being rectified. You mentioned that the bathroom was dated and I am pleased to confirm that we were already undergoing refurbishment work on the top 2 floors during your stay, as we started renovating all our guests bathrooms. Hence the reason for the duck tape on the level numbers inside the lift, to prevent customers for mistakenly accessing those floors.

I truly hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you back in the near future, so that we can show you that your poor experience does not reflect the normal way in which we operate, and if I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

N.Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

Stayed here to accommodate a sporting fixture we were attending. All good. reception staff were very helpful and courteous.Very helpful with arranging some private dining for our large group even though the hotel seemed very busy. Food and service were excellent. We thought the selection of beer a little limited but the staff are super. My only complaint was the malodorous smell in the corridor outside our room. If I need to go back to stay in cork I would book it again.

Room Tip: A fair walk from shopping areas in town
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Juan Pablo T, Front Office Manager at Clayton Hotel Silver Springs, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear trojanhorse,

Thank you very much for your review in relation to your recent stay.

We are delighted that you and your party enjoyed your stay, and I sincerely thank you for the kind words in relation to our staff, as they do represent our biggest asset, and it is wonderful when their effort is acknowledged by our customers.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon, and if you require any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

I visited this hotel 8 months ago and had mixed feelings about it but on my second trip back.. I can honestly say it was my most enjoyable overnight stay in a hotel to date. I managed to park right outside the entrance of the hotel. My check in was friendly and prompt. Juan, the manager was very helpful and took my previous experience on board. Was given an absolutely beautiful room. Spotlessly clean, spacious and for me the most important factor... the wi-fi was reliable and consistent.

Room service was prompt. Staff were exceptionally friendly. I cannot see myself staying anywhere else in Cork.. ever. Thank you Silver Springs!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Crystallamp
Dear Crystallamp,

Thank you very much for such wonderful review.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay, and I am very grateful that you decided to give us a second chance to show you that your first impression on your previous stay did not represent the normal way in which we operate.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Galway, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

The hotel is an typical big city hotel with a very impersonal feel. The car park was busy & we found parking quite difficult there, we had booked on a room only basis & the receptionist asked on check in did we wish to include breakfast, we were going to wait until morning to decide if we would feel like having breakfast however then we were told that if we paid on check in it would cost ten euro per person but if we waited until morning it would be twelve fifty each. We decided to have breakfast elsewhere as this option just did not appeal to us - why it would cost extra in the morning should we decide to have breakfast rather than prepaying for it just did not make sense to us at all. We found the front desk staff to be unfriendly & we felt the receptionist was trying hard to "sell" breakfast to us. The room was well appointed and comfortable, even though we were on the fourth floor we could hear the traffic clearly, however we appreciate that this hotel is located near a busy road so such noise is to be expected. We ate in the hotel restaurant, having read good reviews we were looking forward to our meal, it was strictly average - edible but certainly nothing special, again there was a dining supplement as it was a Saturday night, I feel this was unnecessary especially as the restaurant was extremely quiet, perhaps it may be acceptable in summer but this was October .Also the chick pea cakes with warm salad etc, were dry and unappetising, they were served on asparagus - the "warm salad " for me this just did not work at all & was expensive for what it was which was basically a bland tasteless meal. There was music in the open plan comfortable bar area the night we stayed there, the band was excellent,a taxi from the hotel would cost ten euro approx.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank annaq251
Juan Pablo T, Front Office Manager at Clayton Hotel Silver Springs, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Dear Annaq251,

Thank you very much for writing a review in relation to your recent stay with us.

We are sorry that we did not meet your expectations and I would very much welcome the opportunity to discuss the issues you raised in person.

Our hotel offers over 1500 parking spaces, the largest hotel car parking in Cork, and if you had difficulties in finding a space it was probably during an unprecedented busy period.

I would like to inform you though, that the difference in price for the breakfast is that we offer a discount if you include the breakfast supplement with your room rate, and if you decide to pay the breakfast on the day the full amount applies.

With regards to dinner prices, I also wish to point out that weekdays we offer discounted prices as an incentive, we do not charge weekend supplement.

Annaq251, I am terribly sorry that your experience was not entirely satisfactory, however I strongly believe that we offer the highest value for money within the hotels of our category in Cork City.

I would very much welcome the opportunity to welcoming you back in the near future, and if I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Nenagh, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

Just back from a two night stay with my husband and 2 kids. Couldn't fault the hotel. We had dinner in the restaurant on the first night and it was fabulous. They have a great kids menu too. Not the usual nuggets and chips!!! Breakfast each morning was great. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the rooms very comfortable. The leisure centre is basic enough but it didn't take from our stay.

Stayed November 2013
Dear Carophil73,

Thank you very much for such lovely review in relation to your recent stay with us.

We are delighted that you and your family left us with such great memories. In recent years we have placed a lot of effort to become one of Cork best family friendly hotels, and we are truly proud to receive this type of feedback.

We look forward to welcome you and your family back in the near future, and if I can be of further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

leixlip
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

We stayed overnight as we were attending a soccer match in Turners Cross between Cork city and St Patrick's Athletic and what a lovely place to stay the hotel is a short distance away from the town centre the football grounds are 6/7 miles away buses are available and in easy distance from the home of Munster rugby in Thomond park, the hotel staff were just so helpfull in everything we required we stayed in the Vernon suite and what a room it had the WOW factor from the moment we entered the room it was just perfect, some times people forget how hard hotel staff work and we have to say that when were there in the hotel and it was very busy due to the Bank holiday and the Cork Jazz festival taking place the city the staff made it a most lovely place to stay from the reception to the cleaners to the bar staff all just wonderfull people who had time for all customers we would highly recommend this hotel to anybody

Room Tip: if you can book the Vernon suite take it as it is just lovely room and has everything you need
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Alpharooms

Dear stp12_12,

Thank you very much for such great review of our hotel.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay in one of our luxurious suites. They are indeed wonderful rooms, and may I add at very good value for money as they can bee booked from only an extra €40.00 supplement on our standard room rate.

I also would like to thank you for the kind words in relation to our staff. It is extremely rewarding when our customers acknowledge the great work done by our personnel on a daily basis.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Yours sincerely