How can a hotel get a four star rating without air conditioning? One should not even have to look for the "fine print" for air conditioning these days. The room is airless.
But if you want to be refreshed, you can go for their advertised swimming pool. However, it's a 640 meter UPHILL hike to a lane pool full of kids doing public swim lessons. Even the front desk clerk suggests you DRIVE to their pool. (I can drive to a pool from any hotel in Cork!)
Ice bucket? Nope. Ice machines? Nope. In room refrigerator? Nope.
We just cancelled our second night we're moving elsewhere. Only saving grace is that I'm sending this review over their wifi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in sylvan terraced grounds just 3km from the city centre and 11km from Cork Airport. With over 100 guest rooms, superb cuisine, versatile conference facilities, fully equipped leisure facility & exceptional service the Clayton Hotel Silver Springs has everything you need to make your stay as comfortable & enjoyable as possible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, LateRooms and HotelQuickly so you can book your Clayton Hotel Silver Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silver Springs Moran Cork
- Hotel Silver Springs Moran
- Silver Springs Hotel Cork