“Great” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #20 of 23 Hotels in Cork
St. John's, Canada
“Great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

Just went to the lounge with some friends- we aren't staying in the hotel. The waiter was friendly and very helpful- we told him that we just wanted pub grub, and even though it wasn't on the menu, he got us a platter of wings, rings and fries. Great service! Great atmosphere! Would definitely return.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Juan Pablo T, Front Office Manager at Clayton Hotel Silver Springs, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your lovely review.

We are delighted that you had such wonderful evening in our Lounge Bar, and we thank you for your comments about the friendliness of our staff as they are our hotel's greatest assett.

We look forward to welcoming you and your friends back in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Juan Pablo Trossero
Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Surrey, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

Very busy, so atmosphere suffers if you are looking for a relaxing break.
bar food v.good but choice of beers is limited, notwithstanding 3 brands of stout.
Lift provision could be better. They are not very big, sometimes requiring a wait for a 2nd lift.

Room Tip: get a high floor room
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Juan Pablo T, Front Office Manager at Clayton Hotel Silver Springs, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you very much your recent review.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I appreciate that our lobby can be slightly hectic and lively especially during the school holidays, as so many families visit us in the summer.

However I do hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you back soon, and if I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Yours sincerely,

Juan Pablo Trossero
Front Office Manager
Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

I stayed at silver Springs hotel on August for 1 week and found it to be spotless. The room was a huge double room with two double beds for my aunt and myself with en-suite couldnt fault it. Room cleaned every day with fresh towels. Staff efficient and friendly nothing was too much for them.Its a good bit out from town but bus service is only a few minuts walk away although buses were always running late so whats new same here. Once on bus its only 10 mins to town for under €2 very good. Buses from town centre takes you anywhere. We visited Kinsale, gorgeous and worth spending a day there. Blarney castle etc and tour bus. I would recommend this hotel and I will be back

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room staff will do their best to accommodate.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Katrina C
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

First off my partner and I stay frequently in hotels all over Ireland due to business and this hotel is by far the worst we have ever had to stay in and this was mostly due to staff and management.At check In we had to hand over a €50 "deposit", fair enough although I wasn't that convinced with there reason being for the deposit was due to the fact we were paying in cash, more like we were a "young couple" and more of a "liability" then an elderly couple,rooms were midlin for the price that was paid, wifi signal...we'll there is no siganal,seriously tv. channels, food was horrendous again for the price, staff were ridiculously rude aside from the cleaners, receptionists were just down right unwelcoming that being an understatement,on checkout as we were running late needed our deposit back,was told to wait as they had to retrieve it from the safe and needed to call someone to do it, as we waited for about 10,15 mins a cleaner was sent up to inspect the room to see if we had vandalised it in any way, first of all I have never felt so "put out" and appalled in my life sitting in a lobby while the hotel determine wether or not I am "allowed" my deposit back, 20 mins later the receptionist called me over and so rudely said I will not be getting my deposit back as the room was smoke damaged as if I was some sort of delinquent, I will admit I smoke not much but I do, as my partner does not smoke I'd go downstairs for one during the day but when it's 1.00am at night and I'm in my pajamas half asleep excuse if I'm wrong but I'm paying enough for this hotel I'm certainly not going to go all the way downstairs while the place is packed to have a ciggerette, so I smoked it as carefully as I could out the window as my partner hates the smell, but little did know it'd cost me €50. As we were then asking her to explain why the deposit was given under false pretenses and how the room could of noway being damaged through smoke she turned away and blatently ignored us as the did the other receptionist as if we were a pair of noisy teenagers as she did this the so called scruffy manager was observing from behind as if something was going to "kick off" and in other words beckoned us to leave, I got the feeling that this was a on going sherade that had being happening alot,a bit like daylight robbery, and I've a feeling if I hadnt smoked out the window it would of being something else petty, to the say the least this was a horrible experience especially due to the fact it was handled in such a infant like way in the middle of the lobby, all I can say is stay the hell away unless you want to experience an absolute horrendous situation that no guest should ever experience. Extremely unprofessional.

• Stayed August 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
6 Thank sarahmaddene
EDaly2397, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Silver Springs, responded to this review, 16 September 2014
Dear Sarahmaddene,
Following your review posted about this hotel I wish to clarify a number of points you raised and explain to people viewing your review exactly why you were not refunded your deposit which you were asked for on check-in.
When a guest stays in the hotel and is unable to provide credit card details to act as security we do request a deposit.
I can assure you that the deposit was not taken on the basis of your age but purely due to the fact you were unable to offer a credit card as security against your reservation.
I can also assure you, had you not smoked in the room which you admit to in your review nor had you not broken the soap dispenser which had to be replaced you most certainly would have received your deposit back.
With regards to the smoking policy of the hotel, the hotel is completely non smoking and unfortunately when someone does smoke in a room the fabrics in the room have to be professionally cleaned and render the room unavailable for sale that night thus causing the hotel a cleaning expense and a loss of revenue.
Regardless of the rate being paid for a room at this hotel smoking is prohibited and it is quite clearly stated in the room that this is the case and the penalties associated with doing so.
The non-smoking policy was implemented as a result of feedback received from guests who did not wish to stay in a hotel where a portion of its bedrooms were not smoke free.
With regards to the other issues you encountered regarding the wifi signal, food & staff I apologise if you felt these areas were lacking and regret that you did not mention same on check out.
I can assure you that the staff here would never intentionally be ridiculously rude and to be truthful this is the polar opposite of anything I have heard previously.
Here in the hotel customer care and the provision of the right levels of service and cuisine are paramount to why we are in this business ad it is always a great source of regret to my team and I when someone does not enjoy their stay.
Overall sarahahmaddene,
Again I regret you do not agree with the deposit and smoking policy of the hotel and I am available at your convenience should you wish to discuss your review further.

Assuring you of my most personal & professional attention at all times,

Yours Sincerely,

Eoin Daly,
General manager.

Travellers are raving about these Cork hotels

Waterford, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Myself, wife and two children stayed her for three nights midweek in august. We booked a family room at a cost of 437 euro, tickets to fota wildlife were included. Breakfast each morning. I cant say we had a bad time here it was just an average hotel for 4 star prices. Family room had two double beds, nothing else was family about it. Tv in the bedroom was terrible. 8 channels, poor reception. Internet poor. Room very hot, traffic noise with window open.Arrived at 4 to check in, had to wait for 15 mins with two tired kids. Should of been given tea or equivelant in a 4 star. Brekfast was good, service slow. Hotel showing its age. We have travelled a lot, hotel is far from 3 star. Parking tight, staff smoking at the front. Lacks security. Would I stay here again? No, better hotels nearby half the price. Try a hotel in blarney, 5 mins away

Room Tip: Rooms next to road very noisy. Lifts are always busy, choose room on lower floors. Family rooms are...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank james K
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

I spent one night in the hotel. There was a great view of Cork and the Tivoli Docks from the bed room window. The food and the hospitality were excellent. Getting parking was a little difficult as hotel was full and there are a lot of steps to the front door. The rooms are very comfortable. But overall it is a good hotel to stay in.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
louth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

we are just back from a two nite stay at this hotel and it was just excellent we travelled wit our 4 yr old and 11 month old, this hotel was so accommodating to kids and the stay every single one was so friendly. Rooms were basic but spotless food was excellent only downside to hotel was no kiddies pool, but everything else made up for this.. Worth taking a trip down to cobh lots to do and is a lovely place to, overall I would defiantly recommend silversprings moran for a family getaway and we will def be bck!!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family