“Close to city and airport, great staff and clean rooms.”

Travelodge Cork Airport
Ranked #21 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We travelled from Scotland and stayed here from 8th November until 10th. Staff were excellent very accommodating, there were two of us travelling and let's say we weren't the quietest of guests but the staff were still brilliant with us. Cork is a great city and we will would highly recommend visiting the place although take plenty of money with you.

• Stayed: November 2013
Mervyn_Boyle, General Manager at Travelodge Cork Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Dear Kersan86,

Thank you for your lovely review. As we haven't had too many Scottish visit us recently I think it is safe for me to say that I remember you and your friend quite well (and not because you were noisy!)

We very much enjoyed your company while you were here with us and we would be delighted to welcome you back should you return to the area at any stage in the future.

I will be sure to convey your comments to the staff also.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Travelodge Cork is very good value for money, I had a lovely stay there, the room was nice and quiet, staff very friendly and helpful. Good location, close to the airport and the city centre.
Would recommend to anyone going to Cork.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Anita O

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and it met all your expectations.

I will be sure to convey your comments about the staff and the hotel to all the team here.

We do hope that you will call again to see us if you are ever in the cork region.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

I am just back from a two night stay here and I must say that I was pleasantly surprised with the Travelodge. Having read the previous reviews about this hotel on TripAdvisor, I was very worried about what condition our room would be in and that the overall quality of our stay would be effected. This was not the case. The Travelodge is close to everything and about a €13 taxi for four people into the city centre. The staff were very nice on arrival and our room, although very basic, was clean and comfortable. The only problems I had with the room was that there was no sockets beside the bed and that there was only one towel in the bathroom. Given that there were 3 adults staying in the room, this wasn't great, but the next day after the rooms were cleaned, they gave us 3 bath towels and 3 hand towels which was good. The 'Eddie Rockets' style diner down stairs was very nice and the breakfast there was lovely. Again, I felt that the staff here were very nice and helpful there also.

Overall I had a lovely stay in the Travelodge. Although it was quite plain and basic, it was clean and comfortable and perfect for if you were on a budget and were only staying a for few nights. I would stay here again if I returned to Cork.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Katie S,

I am delighted that despite your reservations about the hotel from previous reviews on this site that you decided to visit us and make up your own mind. Its a well known fact in the industry that people are less likely to communicate positives than that of negatives. So, Thank You for taking the time write such a positive review.

I also note some constructive observations made and we will endeavour to address them in order to improve our guest experience.

We would be delighted to welcome you back to our hotel again if you are ever in the area.

Mervyn

Reviewed 9 November 2013

The travelodge cork is well located, being both close to the airport as well as the city centre. The rooms are excellently maintained and the staff are very friendly. Overall a lovely hotel and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2013
Mervyn_Boyle, General Manager at Travelodge Cork Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Dear Richie,

Thank you for your review. I am delighted that you found the hotel excellently maintained and the staff very friendly. This is what we strive for in Travelodge, we don't do unnecessary frills but we always work hard to ensure the highest standards on the areas you have pointed out.

I will certainly convey your comments to our staff who will really appreciate them.

In the meantime, if your in the area please be sure to stay with us as you will be guaranteed more excellent value and it would be nice to Thank You in person.

Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

I stay at travel lodge when I come to Cork. I always recommend it to friends for economy and comfort and access to local services. Staff are very polite. Check in at reception always efficient . . . . .

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Eugene,

Thank you so much for taking the time out to write about your positive experience of the hotel.

It is always great to hear of our efforts in ensuring the highest level of Customer Service being acknowledged. I will be sure to convey your nice comments to all the staff here in the Hotel whom I'm sure will be equally delighted.

I hope that if your in the area again that you will stay with and please say Hello so we can Thank You in person.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

The travel lodge is ok for a one night basic stay. The place was overpriced for what you get. Only tiny hand towels in the rooms. Its more like an upmarket hostel than a hotel. Room was very noisy and didn't get a good nights sleep. We didnt have the heating on in the room, however it was very warm in the room and we had to open the windows to cool off. This however let noise from traffic in which woke us up in the morning. Staff at reception were friendly. Handy for a last minute booking if you have a car,it avoids cork city centre traffic.Very budget - no luxuries, basic, could propably get alot nicer hotel in Cork for same price.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Mervyn_Boyle, General Manager at Travelodge Cork Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Dear TheLittlestHobo2013,

Thank you for your comments, we welcome all feedback and where a guest points out any issues or difficulties they experienced during the course of their stay we act immediately.

In relation to the towels, I can assure you that we use the same provider of linen as many of the leading hotels in Cork so I am very surprised that this was your experience. Regarding our prices, I can assure you that we are very proactive in ensuring that we offer our guests the best value for money possible.

I would be delighted with an opportunity to discuss your stay with us in more detail so that I can understand fully your guest experience with us, please find my contact details below. We value your feedback.

Mervyn.Boyle@travelodge.ie
021 4310722

Reviewed 19 October 2013

Myself and my partner booked this as we were flying in late and faced a long drive. It was 12.30am by the time we arrived so we were tired. Check in was easy and the guy on reception was very friendly. We got a room on the first floor. Big double bed with a single bed as well. The room was a great size, and well laid out. We didnt turn the tv on, so cannot tell you what channels, etc. Tea and coffee, and very impressively, there were mugs rather than those small tea cups. Bathroom adequate although the fan was very noisy and the door was a bit hard to close and open. The bed was so comfortable with a just right duvet! Only drawback was that there werent any plug points around the bed.
I hear people say "you get what you pay for", well in this case, I think you get more than you pay for, as we paid €52.
Now, the downside, and through absolutely no fault of the staff, apparently there was a group who took up 22 rooms. Sadly we were kept awake by some of them until after 3.30am. I am disgusted at how inconsiderate people are. I did mention it at check out, and the very lovely receptionist told us that the guy on night recepion spent the night going up and down the corridors trying to hush people, so I really dont blame Travelodge, but this was our experience.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Clarri,

Thank you for your review. I am delighted to read that you found your recent visit to be great value with many good points to your stay.

I am disappointed however that your stay was let down by a group staying in the hotel, please accept my sincere apologies regarding this. While not all groups cause problems such as excessive noise we normally take steps to keep any group staying in the hotel together in a separate area of the hotel. Unfortunately however for reasons beyond the control of the hotel this was not possible.

Should you have reason to stay in the Cork area at any stage in the future I would be delighted if you would consider us again.