“Excellent Staff and Service”

Travelodge Cork Airport
Ranked #21 of 23 Hotels in Cork
“Excellent Staff and Service”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

The staff are very professional and friendly and ia have returned to this premises on numerous occasions.

For the price it offers great value and the room was very clean and well maintained.

I would recommend this hotel to business or general users.

Keep up the good work.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Mervyn_Boyle, General Manager at Travelodge Cork Airport, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Dear Swopjohno,

It seems from your review that you are a regular guest with us here in Travelodge Cork. In line with this I would like to thank you for your kind review and your custom, it is very much appreciated.

I will be only delighted to convey your compliments to the team in the hotel who are always thrilled when their Customer Service Skills don't go unnoticed.

Please say hello the next time you are in the hotel so we can say a big thank you in person!

Mervyn Boyle

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Sanquhar, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Clean and tidy,staff excellent,they took time to talk to u.over all good place.i would stay here again easy to find just down grom airport and near N80 motorway and it has a rockin joes next door :-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-);-);-);-);-);-);-);-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-);-)plenty of room in car park .rooms are large and very clean well kept .

• Stayed November 2013
Mervyn_Boyle, General Manager at Travelodge Cork Airport, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear Rababbott,

Thank you for your kind review.

It is nice to get feedback that highlights our efforts in providing a clean and well kept hotel coupled with a friendly staff. I will be sure to convey your comments to our staff who will be equally pleased.

Hopefully if you are in the area again you will consider staying with us again.

mayo ireland
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Travel Lodges by their price sometimes denote that they are not on par with hotels carrying star status . Through music and construction work I have stayed in many hotels from 5star to Bed and breakfasts. recently I was sent to work in Carragaline and was put up in the Travelodge in Cork. I arrived late one monday morning approx 2.30 and checked in there was a man behind the desk and from the moment I approached he greeted me with a friendly and respectful welcome, he gave me the times that rockin Joes was open and I used it several nights and found the food and the price better than Eddie Rockets and the service was spot on. On my departures and returns in the evenings i was always greeted and acknowledged by a lady in the evenings called ANNA I think and Marta and Patricia. I was always asked If everything was ok.. The buttons were of my shower also but the mixing valve worked perfectly fine . My room was cleaned daily I stayed in 209. Everything was functional and yes basic but very clean and comfortable and at €49 for three people to sleep it is good value that said I was alone and prefer it that way . If I found towels in a bath late at night |i would have rang reception no matter what the time as i was assured by all staff that if "" I needed anything this would not be a problem"". and it genuinely did not feel it would have been. And before anyone asks no I am not related to staff nor paid to write the review nor work there , Some people feel the need to complain and rightly so if it is wrong however people forget to take time to send praise when it is right. I would not have any hesitation in staying there again and I say well done to the team for their service to me I look forward to seeing them again . John Kenny>>>>

Room Tip: ensure your windows are closed tight at night it is a busy roundabout outside. If your a non smoker...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear John K

Thank you for your review.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found all our facilities to be very much up to standard. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to the staff who will be only thrilled with the acknowledgement in your review.

Please call again if your passing by our direction as we would very much look forward to welcoming you.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Pros: Very good budget accommodation. Breakfast was rich. Close to the City.

Cons: Common areas were a bit untidy and stairs were not vacuumed right away after a customer stepped with mud on their shoes. Bathroom was a bit smelly.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with innstant.com

Mervyn_Boyle, General Manager at Travelodge Cork Airport, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear Giorgos K,

Thank you for your review. I am delighted that you found us to be very good budget accommodation and hopefully if you are back in the area again that you will choose to use our services again.

We will definitely work on the cons though!

Mervyn
Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

I booked this Travelodge in advance and expected it to be very basic. When we checked in we were told there was wifi in the lobby. There wasn't. I was then told I could get it in the Rockin Joes restaurant (also not true). The receptionist took my room details down and said she would let me know when it was back up. She didn't. When we walked in our room the two of us both noticed the strong smell of urine (like it was soaked in the carpets). The maid must have as well because the window was left open. The buttons on the shower tap were missing. The linens looked clean. At 5am my partner and I were awoken by the Celtic linen service below our window rolling out the dirty linens and rolling in the fresh ones. Great that they were cleaning but a truck two feet from my window at 5am was ridiculous. I filled out a review form but don't think it will do any good.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank capecodgirl12
Dear Capecodgirl12,

I am disappointed that you were less than happy with your recent stay.

Our hotel provides WiFi through the Bitbuzz service provider and is available to all guests for a small daily fee. The connectivity and reception of this service within the hotel is excellent and to the best of my knowledge none of our guests have had any issue with it. In addition to this we have two WiFi pods in reception that are also available to guests for an even smaller fee.

'Rockin Joes' do have an open WiFi network which can be picked up by our guests free of charge however as a separate entity to the hotel we cannot vouch or guarantee continuity of service. I am sorry if you were given the impression that this was part of the hotel facilities as this is not the case. I understand from reception that it is mentioned to guests if they wish to quickly check for emails or browse information of the local area. In this case it is just our staff trying to be helpful! I do completely accept that if someone promises to contact you regarding an issue that they should and I have conveyed this to the team.

I have investigated your claim regarding the strong smell of urine coming from the room and having been in the room I would dispute this in the strongest possible since. I would also like to point out that it is a procedure that housekeeping would open the windows at the beginning of servicing the room for as long as possible to refresh each room. You may agree that it is better than just pumping aerosols into the room.

Please accept my sincerest apologies regarding the Linen truck arriving at such an early stage in the morning, I am completely agree that this could cause guests to wake. I am in the process of rectifying this at the moment so that it won't be an issue.

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel.

Mervyn Boyle

Travellers are raving about these Cork hotels

Adelaide
Reviewed 13 November 2013

This accommodation is NOT as close to the airport as they want you to believe. It is NOT walking distance and requires a Taxi.
On arrival, we found dirty, used towels in the bathroom in the bath and the room looked and smelled dirty.
Due to our late arrival, we were too tired to complain and just dealt with it.
On the following morning we went to reception to request a taxi to take us back to the airport.
We could CLEARLY hear someone in the side room eating their breakfast (we could hear the cutlery hitting the plate). Despite calling out we received NO response.
We had to resort to going back into our room to call reception and after a LARGE number of rings we finally got an answer.
WE WOULD NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN... HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!!!!!!!!
DATE STAYED 19 SEPTEMBER 2013 (Disrespectful staff refusing to serve us - the morning of 20 September 2013)

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank SRBLW
Dear Adelaide,

On reading your review nearly a week ago at this stage, I have gone to a great lengths to look into each of your issues with our hotel in an impartial and fair manner.

Please forgive me if I come across as sceptical but I have two issues with your review that have made it very difficult for me to be certain that the events occurred as you described.

Firstly, your review of the hotel occurred approximately seven weeks after your stay and secondly, despite opportunities within the hotel to air your grievances such as shortly after check in, over the telephone when booking the Taxi and on check out you chose not to.
In addition to this we also provide comment cards for guests to provide feedback. Despite all these communication opportunities your review was the first I and indeed the staff learned of your problems.

I would like to comment on the points raised by you and to be fair I can only comment based on the information to hand coupled with my knowledge of the hotel and its staff.

You commented that the hotel gave the impression it was so close to the airport - that it was within walking distance. I can clarify that we have never communicated this either verbally or by way of hotel literature to any guest or group enquiring about our facilities. If you have come across a source that mis-represents our location in relation to the airport we would be most grateful if you could let us know.

Unfortunately for the aforementioned reasons I have been unable to find any foundation to your claims that the room was as you described. Personally, if I had checked into a room such as you described I would not have accepted it and I can assure you the staff/management would have been made aware of it in the strongest possible way.

You commented that the staff were disrespectful of you during your stay, In my time as manager of Travelodge Cork I have never once received a comment that the staff were anything but helpful and friendly and this is supported by many comment cards, reviews on this site as well as what I hear from guests on a day to day basis. I am really surprised to read this and frankly without any further information to indicate to the contrary I also find this remark to be without foundation.

Please find my email address attached below, I would be most grateful to be given an opportunity to look into this in more detail in order to get to the root of the issues and to take corrective action if required. Based on the information I have to date, I am even honestly wondering if you have the right hotel.

Thanking you,

Mervyn.Boyle@travelodge.ie
Scottish Highlands, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We travelled from Scotland and stayed here from 8th November until 10th. Staff were excellent very accommodating, there were two of us travelling and let's say we weren't the quietest of guests but the staff were still brilliant with us. Cork is a great city and we will would highly recommend visiting the place although take plenty of money with you.

• Stayed November 2013
Mervyn_Boyle, General Manager at Travelodge Cork Airport, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Dear Kersan86,

Thank you for your lovely review. As we haven't had too many Scottish visit us recently I think it is safe for me to say that I remember you and your friend quite well (and not because you were noisy!)

We very much enjoyed your company while you were here with us and we would be delighted to welcome you back should you return to the area at any stage in the future.

I will be sure to convey your comments to the staff also.