“Delightful experience!”

Ranked #21 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Bantry, Ireland
“Delightful experience!”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We had a very early flight from the airport and decided to stay at the Travelodge the night before our business trip to London and after doing some research online, this hotel seemed to be the best value and location. The rooms were very clean, surprisingly home-like and the staff one of the best I had the pleasure to meet, very lovely people. When we flew back to Cork we rang the reception and the staff was again very helpful and understanding, got a taxi to the lodge were we spent another relaxing night. There's free wi-fi in the lobby and for little extra in the rooms, which was really handy, will definitively come back and can only recommend!

Room Tip: They're all very cozy!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Mervyn_Boyle, General Manager at Travelodge Cork Airport, responded to this review, 25 January 2014
Dear Martin N,

Thank you for your review, I am delighted that you found your recent stay with us to be a very positive experience.

As a team we get a great sense of pride when we read reviews such as yours that highlight the key aspects of what we want to deliver for our customers. I will be sure to convey your comments to our team and if you are ever in the area again please be sure to call again.

kind regards,

Mervyn Boyle

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 December 2013

The staff were very helpful and informative about the local area. Our room was clean and tidy and staff were more than happy to give us extra coffee/sugar. We really enjoyed our stay and would go back.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Mervyn_Boyle, General Manager at Travelodge Cork Airport, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Dear Karen W,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay. We are delighted that you had an enjoyable stay and hope that if you are in the area again that you will choose to stay with us again.

In the meantime I will certainly convey your kind words to the team.

Arklow
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I have stayed here a few times and always find the rooms clean and the staff helpful, my only gripe would be that the floors are a bit thin so you can generally hear the people walking about above you in the mornings when you are in bed but apart from that it is very good value apart from wifi has to be paid for, whereas most similarly priced hotels provide free wifi nowadays

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Mervyn_Boyle, General Manager at Travelodge Cork Airport, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Dear PJF,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. It appears you have stayed with us a few times and are very familiar with the property so thank you for your repeat custom.

I have taken your points regarding the floors and the Wifi on board and will look into these matters personally. Next time you are in the hotel please make yourself known and I will be only too happy to provide you with a follow up that will ensure 100% satisfaction for future visits.

Once again thanks very much for the review and the feedback and Look forward to meeting you soon.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

The staff are very professional and friendly and ia have returned to this premises on numerous occasions.

For the price it offers great value and the room was very clean and well maintained.

I would recommend this hotel to business or general users.

Keep up the good work.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Swopjohno,

It seems from your review that you are a regular guest with us here in Travelodge Cork. In line with this I would like to thank you for your kind review and your custom, it is very much appreciated.

I will be only delighted to convey your compliments to the team in the hotel who are always thrilled when their Customer Service Skills don't go unnoticed.

Please say hello the next time you are in the hotel so we can say a big thank you in person!

Sanquhar, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Clean and tidy,staff excellent,they took time to talk to u.over all good place.i would stay here again easy to find just down grom airport and near N80 motorway and it has a rockin joes next door :-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-);-);-);-);-);-);-);-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-);-)plenty of room in car park .rooms are large and very clean well kept .

• Stayed November 2013
Mervyn_Boyle, General Manager at Travelodge Cork Airport, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear Rababbott,

Thank you for your kind review.

It is nice to get feedback that highlights our efforts in providing a clean and well kept hotel coupled with a friendly staff. I will be sure to convey your comments to our staff who will be equally pleased.

Hopefully if you are in the area again you will consider staying with us again.

mayo ireland
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Travel Lodges by their price sometimes denote that they are not on par with hotels carrying star status . Through music and construction work I have stayed in many hotels from 5star to Bed and breakfasts. recently I was sent to work in Carragaline and was put up in the Travelodge in Cork. I arrived late one monday morning approx 2.30 and checked in there was a man behind the desk and from the moment I approached he greeted me with a friendly and respectful welcome, he gave me the times that rockin Joes was open and I used it several nights and found the food and the price better than Eddie Rockets and the service was spot on. On my departures and returns in the evenings i was always greeted and acknowledged by a lady in the evenings called ANNA I think and Marta and Patricia. I was always asked If everything was ok.. The buttons were of my shower also but the mixing valve worked perfectly fine . My room was cleaned daily I stayed in 209. Everything was functional and yes basic but very clean and comfortable and at €49 for three people to sleep it is good value that said I was alone and prefer it that way . If I found towels in a bath late at night |i would have rang reception no matter what the time as i was assured by all staff that if "" I needed anything this would not be a problem"". and it genuinely did not feel it would have been. And before anyone asks no I am not related to staff nor paid to write the review nor work there , Some people feel the need to complain and rightly so if it is wrong however people forget to take time to send praise when it is right. I would not have any hesitation in staying there again and I say well done to the team for their service to me I look forward to seeing them again . John Kenny>>>>

Room Tip: ensure your windows are closed tight at night it is a busy roundabout outside. If your a non smoker...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear John K

Thank you for your review.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found all our facilities to be very much up to standard. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to the staff who will be only thrilled with the acknowledgement in your review.

Please call again if your passing by our direction as we would very much look forward to welcoming you.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Pros: Very good budget accommodation. Breakfast was rich. Close to the City.

Cons: Common areas were a bit untidy and stairs were not vacuumed right away after a customer stepped with mud on their shoes. Bathroom was a bit smelly.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with innstant.com

Mervyn_Boyle, General Manager at Travelodge Cork Airport, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear Giorgos K,

Thank you for your review. I am delighted that you found us to be very good budget accommodation and hopefully if you are back in the area again that you will choose to use our services again.

We will definitely work on the cons though!

Mervyn