“Lovely, comfortable stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Travelodge Cork Airport

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Travelodge Cork Airport
Ranked #21 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Brisbane, Australia
“Lovely, comfortable stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

Lovely comfortable room, nice bathroom, comfy beds, spotless. Very good value for money. Loved the adjoining diner too and phone direct to taxi in foyer. Friendly and helpful staff who provided us with excellent advice on our next destination also.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Mervyn_Boyle, Manager at Travelodge Cork Airport, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear Sophia 382,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will be sure to convey your comments to all the staff here in the hotel (if they have not already seen it themselves!).

In the meantime enjoy the rest of your tour around Ireland and if you are ever passing again please be sure to call in.

Mervyn Boyle

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Crown Point, Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

This was my least favorite hotel that I stayed at during my 2 week vacation in Ireland. We stayed for three nights. The beds were so uncomfortable I couldn't sleep through one single night without waking up in pain. Also, the location is horrible. It is situated on a very busy roundabout. I suppose if you are in Cork for business it's a good, affordable place to stay. If you are on vacation trying to relax skip this place.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Melissa C
Mervyn_Boyle, Manager at Travelodge Cork Airport, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear Melissa C,

Both the team and I are very disappointed that you did not have an enjoyable stay with us here in Cork.

While I absolutely take your comments about the beds at face value, I am a little puzzled as to how they were so uncomfortable. Travelodge Hotels have a set standard for the purchasing of beds to which we adhere. This standard is based on customer feedback and best practice. All our beds and mattresses are relatively new so from a standard and condition perspective I am surprised that you have had such an experience.

Is it possible that this is a subjective point of view rather than a condition issue? Irrespective of which, I am certain that should the matter have been brought to our attention we would have addressed it to your satisfaction.

In terms of the location, we are located close to the Airport and the City which many of our guests find a good base from which to tour the local area, indeed from the roundabout you can easily travel to many parts of southern Ireland.

It is not my objective to discount your assertions, it is just that all the information and feedback I have is to the contrary. I would be most grateful if you could perhaps send me some more details in order that I can look into the matter further. My email address can be found below and I will certainly follow up and respond to your email.

mervyn.boyle@travelodge.ie

Travellers are raving about these Cork hotels

Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

Clean and very conveniently placed just few minutes from city center and the Cork City Airport. Had a most pleasant stay, lovely staff that's always happy to help and internet on premisses, can only recommend!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mervyn_Boyle, Manager at Travelodge Cork Airport, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear Damien S,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the hotel. we are delighted that you found the staff friendly and helpful and based on your stay you would certainly recommend our hotel.

I will be sure to convey your kind comments to our staff.

Mervyn
Barnsley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

This lodge is very convenient to Cork City Centre aprox 5-0 mins away although it is deceiving where it is the impression you get is that it is on the airport grounds but it is actually 5-6 mins away down the round on a major roundabout which you have to go all the way round to come back on yourself to get to the lodge however very clean comfortable little noise even though near to a main road and breakfast really good in the diner just outside i would stay again on my next visit to Ireland

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Mervyn_Boyle, Manager at Travelodge Cork Airport, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Dear Joanne A,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Tripadvisor & Travelodge Questionnaire, I appreciate that it may have taken a little while to complete but we really appreciate and value your comments.

I take on board your comments regarding the direction information, indeed, in the last week your comment is the second that I have been made aware of. It is obvious that somewhere online or in print we need to be clearer in our description. I will certainly attempt to correct this.

Despite this, I am very glad to hear that you found the Travelodge to be very clean and comfortable and that you would return if in Ireland again. I will as with all feedback be sure to convey to all the team here in the Hotel.

Many thanks and I look forward to seeing you again in the future,

Tipperary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

Reception was busy when I checked in with quiet a few guests been checking in. Reception staff member was very competent and polite . . . . . . . . . . ., . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . , . . . . .

• Stayed February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mervyn_Boyle, Manager at Travelodge Cork Airport, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear Tipperarygj,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. I am delighted that you had such a pleasant stay and that you found your check in to be fast and efficient.

I will convey your comments to our team and hopefully we will see you in Travelodge Cork again soon.

Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

I stayed here for 5 nights while I looked for permanent accommodation. I found it to have a very warm and welcoming atmosphere. My room was extremely spacious, clean and warm. I found the staff to be exceptionally accommodating and friendly. I would highly recommend a stay in this travelodge.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mervyn_Boyle, Manager at Travelodge Cork Airport, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear Louise,

Thank you for your taking the time to write such a nice review. I am glad that you had an enjoyable 5 nights with us and everything was as you expected. I will be only too happy to convey your kind words to our staff who I'm sure will be most grateful too.

I look forward to seeing you in the future if your passing our way.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the travellodge for a few weeks while building our house. We found the lodge quite clean warm and friendly. It's location is great go left to Grange or Douglas right for the city. We often walked into the city center in twenty minutes. With rocking joes and jam on the door step you wouldn't go hungry. We would recomeme this travellodge and think it's great value for money. Noel fogarty

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Mervyn_Boyle, General Manager at Travelodge Cork Airport, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear Noel,

Thank you so much for your kind review.

I am delighted that you found your stay with us to be very positive and I will be only too happy to convey your comments to our team. All the very best with your new house and if your ever passing again please drop in and say hello!

Kind Regards,