“Great value for money”

Ranked #21 of 23 Hotels in Cork
Kildysart, Clare, Ireland
“Great value for money”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We booked the travelodge room at the last minute when our planned camping trip was a wash out. The room was nice and clean and very comfortable. My only complaint would be that Eddie Rockets was not on site, it was Rockin' Joe's diner, this is as good but a little more expensive.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Suzi M
Mervyn_Boyle, Manager at Travelodge Cork Airport, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Suzi M,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am sorry to read that your camping trip was a wash out, you just cant account for Irish Weather!!

I am delighted that you chose to stay with us and that your stay was exactly as you had hoped. Indeed there was a change in the restaurant franchise recently to Rockin' Joes so hopefully you weren't too disappointed to have missed Eddie Rockets. I understand that Rockin' Joes have now special offers in operation daily so it may offer better value on your next trip to Cork.... Weather Permitting!!

Again, thanks for your time and hopefully I will have an opportunity to say hello to you in the future.

Mervyn Boyle

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Scarva, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We booked thus through Booking.com and had no complaints. Standard budget hotel accommodation. Good value for money at £72 GBP for a triple room for one night. All usual facilities supplied. Handy location. Clean & comfortable. Great shower. Plenty of parking. Friendly helpful staff.
Would use again. Not in a picturesque setting but there's a wealth to see and do around Cork. Hotels are just somewhere to wash and sleep so it's not an issue.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank HikerSteve
Dear HikerSteve,

Thank you for your review. I am delighted to read of your recent experience with us in Travelodge Cork and that you would certainly avail of our facilities again.

Your quite correct, our location is not the most picturesque but we hope to make up for it in location and easy access to all routes into Cork as well as routes to neighbouring towns and cities.

Next time you stay, please be sure to say hello as I would like the opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write your review.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Not the best hotel. There is budget and then there is this place.
The bed was not comfortable, the pillows as thin as any pillow I have ever seen.
I was booked in here for 5 night, not my choice as I was put in here from work.
My room was never tidied up and coffee ect not replenished. Only the towels changed and bed spread pulled up. My cups in the room where never washed, so I can only presume the cleaner only had 5 minutes per room.
I asked the receptionist who was Eastern European if there a was launderette near by, she was quite sure that there was non in Cork and that only the travelodge could do my washing but it would not be back till the following day which was no good. I googled and found a few near by.
The only positive thing about this place is the older Irish receptionist with black hair and glasses. She was always happy and always said hello and started a conversation. She is a asset to the hotel.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Mervyn_Boyle, Manager at Travelodge Cork Airport, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Mattarm33_11,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our hotel.

I am sorry that your experience of our hotel was not a positive one. In interests of fairness I would very much like to investigate some of the matters that you have raised on this forum such as your room not being serviced and the launderette.

I can assure you that what you have described is nowhere near the acceptable service or product standards of the hotel and your review is the first of its nature that I am aware of, as such I would be most anxious to get to the root of the issue.

it would be very much appreciated if you could provide further information so that I could look into this matter further. I will of course revert back to you once I have had a opportunity to complete this process.

mervyn.boyle@travelodge.ie

Travellers are raving about these Cork hotels

Kilkenny, Ireland
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We wanted a weekend cork ,chose for this hotel , because of the price, and we would take a taxi to the center, we were advised by the person who worked there to take the RED phone in the lobby, taxi would be € 20 so we were told, we found this a little expensive, had our dinner in the american diner,,hamburger and fries....i would not recommend this..and i saw two taxis standing outside i went over and asked price for city center.....one was € 20..red phone problably..and the other asked € 12...both taxi companies. Rooms are spacious and beds are clean,and verry comfortable....,,bathroom is grotty,,,needs lots of tlc,,,Mold on ceiling, lino over tiles,,blue plasic handle in bath and a grey door, plasic cheap toiletseat,,,etc A no frills hotel, dodgy reception, no free wifi ( € 5 a day ) at night deserted.
It felt like this hotel rents rooms out by the hour, zero costumer service, like a hostel.
Not our kid of hotel.
If you want to visit Cork take for a few euro more a city center hotel......

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Janbakel
Dear Janbakel,

Thank you for your review.

On reading your review I was shocked that you were quoted EUR20.00 for a Taxi into the city centre as this was not the price agreed between the Hotel and the Taxi company providing the hotel with the service. The correct price is indeed EUR12.00. On foot of your review however I did contact the owner of the company who categorically stated that it was not the EUR20.00 as suggested. While the owner is certain of this he is still looking into the matter. On dealing with this company for some time now I can only state that I have found them to be both professional and reliable throughout.

While I accept your right to your opinion I certainly feel that your criticisms of our facilities are unduly harsh and comments suggesting that we rent out rooms by the hour wildly inaccurate and certainly misleading. I am also disappointed that you felt that there was zero customer service, this statement is certainly at odds to other reviews and general customer feedback.

I don't ever dismiss or discount customer feedback and as such I would be most grateful if you could contact me directly and perhaps allow me the opportunity to go through your experience with us so that I may be able to understand exactly where the problems were.

Again, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and hopefully I will have an opportunity to discuss the matter in more detail with you.

mervyn.boyle@travelodge.ie
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 May 2014

This is a must for any one looking to stay in the Cork area. The manager Mervyn and his team make you feel very welcome and important. This is missed in many other hotels.
Certainly a good base for either work or social holidays.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Mervyn_Boyle, Manager at Travelodge Cork Airport, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Hi Barry,

It was great to meet with you on your last visit to Cork.

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of the hotel it is very much appreciated. I recall from our conversation that you are hoping to return next month. I look forward to welcoming you back and will certainly take the opportunity to thank you in person.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Good location, comfortable, no free wifi in the room, friendly and helpful staff. Good place to crash after a long flight or about to return home and you don't want the hassle of trying to find the airport from your hotel. Ill be going back next trip. The food in the restaurant was good and the service excellent. But guys it's the 21st century, free wifi in the room ok!?!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Mervyn_Boyle, Manager at Travelodge Cork Airport, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Hi Perry L,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am delighted that you had a good experience of our hotel and will on the basis of your experience be very happy to stay with us again!

I certainly take on board your comments about the Wi-Fi and will convey your comments along to the powers that be for consideration.

Please be sure to say hello on your next visit as I would like to thank you personally for taking the time to review our hotel. As always, I'll be sure to pass on your comments about the service you received to our staff.

Bangor, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 April 2014

The staff were warm and friendly, and very accommodating - making sure we had a nice quiet, dark room to help us settle our baby to sleep in the nights. The room was clean, and attended to well each morning. The room had plenty of space for our travel cot (and the hotel staff offered us a cot). The Wi-Fi was cheap and worked well. The location was great, near to the city centre. Ample parking space was available. There was a restaurant on site for meals, although we preferred to travel further to eat. This hotel was excellent value for money. We'd stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Mervyn_Boyle, Manager at Travelodge Cork Airport, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Caroline J,

Thank you for your review, we appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice review telling other Tripadvisor members of your experiences of Travelodge Cork Airport.

As the Manager of Travelodge Cork, I am very lucky to have such a friendly team and I am glad that you experienced this first hand during your recent stay. I will be sure to convey your comments to all the Team here who will be only thrilled with your acknowledgement.

Hope to see you again soon!

Mervyn