Travelodge Cork Airport
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
All reviewscork airportdiner attachedroom was cleanlady at receptionfamily roomcity centrestayed for one nightshort staymin walkcar parkjoesmotorwaystopoverireland
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Booked this Travelodge so we could watch Paolo Nutini at The Marquee. Arrived at 3pm, very friendly welcome, showed computer print out and in our room in 5 minutes. Typical refurbished Travelodge room,clean,nice linen ,with the inevitable motorway view. Bath with shower over which is always nice for a good soak. Taxi into town for 12 Euro, funnily enough taxi back at midnight 2 Euro cheaper!
Did not use diner on site, but advantage of overlooking motorway meant that we were straight onto road to West Cork next morning and did not have to travel through the City Centre again.
Wish TA would give us the ability to award " half stars" as I feel the staff deserved to be better than average, but the location didn't quite deserve very good, but such is life.
Anyway, if you need a decent place to rest your head in Cork, well worth a try.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank johnallananderson
Mervyn_Boyle, Manager at Travelodge Cork Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Johnallananderson,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel.

I am delighted that you found our hotel to your expectations and our staff welcoming. These are the qualities that we strive for in our hotel and to receive feedback acknowledging same is very rewarding for us.

I hope you enjoyed the concert and I certainly look into the Taxi fares, it is a bit puzzling as to why it was cheaper getting home.

Once again, thanks very much for your review.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Room was clean and nice, the staff was kind and ready to answer any question. I liked I could leave the room at any time to smoke a cigarette outside. Big plus for the burger diner right outside :)
To improve: detachable handle for the shower and "dnd" tags for the door, then everything will be perfect! I'll sure come back when I'll need a hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Dear Lidia C,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and complete our Travelodge Survey.

I am delighted that you found our hotel standards very much up to your expectations and I will be sure to convey your compliments to our team.

I will be sure to address your comments about the showers and the door tags.

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

The noise from the toilet after flushing was terrible. The toilet wobbled! The bed was uncomfortable and I felt everything was grubby. The floor in the corridor/ stairs area was sticky and there a smell in the stairs area . It was the worst place I have ever stayed in. I could say more but that will suffice

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Irish Tourists2,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our hotel.

We were most disappointed to read your review. I would very much welcome an opportunity to discuss your recent stay with us directly. While we do genuinely feel that our Hotel is much better than portrayed in your review it is clear that you had a number of issues during your stay. In view of this, I would be grateful for the opportunity to go into more detail than was possible in the review.

Please find my email address below and if you wouldn't mind emailing me your contact details with a convenient time to call I would be very grateful.

mervyn.boyle@travelodge.ie

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I am glad I booked here for a concert in Cork, the staff were friendly, the rooms were clean and there is an American style diner on site too and a petrol station for late night snacks.

It is only a 5 minute taxi ride to the Airport and quick into Cork too, be careful of the Taxis though, I found that the Irish driver took me back along the motorway whilst a bloke from Nigeria took me a really long route round and charged me more. It could be a one off but be careful.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank DibDibbler
Mervyn_Boyle, Manager at Travelodge Cork Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear DibDibbler,

Thank you for your positive review of the hotel and our staff. We are delighted to have met all your expectations on your recent stay.

I am sorry to hear of your experience regarding a Cork Taxi Driver, should you ever need to stay with us again please call ahead or you can email me direct at the address below and I would be more than happy to organise a taxi from a reputable company for you.

Mervyn Boyle
mervyn.boyle@travelodge.ie

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Stayed here last Saturday. Sean who served me at the desk was great....really helpful and very nice. Great guy to have welcoming people, room was very nice and had great sleep, will definately be staying there again in the future. Very ideal

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Peter B

Dear Peter B,

Thank you for taking the time to your review. I am delighted that you found had a great stay and that one of team proved himself to be a wonderful ambassador for the hotel. I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to Shaun, and we look forward to seeing you again soon in our hotel.

Mervyn Boyle