“one night at killarney guest house”

Killarney Guest House
Ranked #35 of 60 Cork B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 June 2012

we were early for our rooms but we had a really nice welcome by Joan we were given tea and cakes ,rooms were ok ,great for us for the one night 10euro taxi ride into cork

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 June 2012

I stayed in the Killarney Guesthouse last week for two nights and I must say that everything was very good. I didn't have a booking so I just walked in and I was treated so well! I must say that the staff were really nice and helpful. The guestouse is pretty simple and the rooms have nothing special but if you're just looking for a place to stay for a couple of days it's great. The decoration is pretty simple (I would say a bit old fashioned, but I personally don't care). The bathroom in the room was pretty small but again, it's not big deal. There was also a tv and cofffe/tea making facilitues but I used non of them. The best thing was the breakfast! Nice and filling but not too heavy. Perfect. And not only you had the choice of the full Irish breakfast but also there was a wide choice of cereal, homemande youghurt, fruit, scones, different types of juice, etc.
I would definitely come back in the future and I am happy to recommed this guesthouse. It's got a good location (about 15 minutes walk from city centre and directly opposite UCC), it's clean, tidy, the staff are lovely...but I'm aware that it wouldn't suit everyone. If you're looking for a cheap place to stay and you don't care about decoration and stuff, you're gonna love it. However, if you're looking for luxury or something more modern I would recommend you to explore more expensive options.

Thanks very much for everything :)

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 June 2012

A gang of us needed a place to stay, as we went on a night out in the city, the woman who runs the place, a real nice lady, its a very homely building and the rates were very good.
OMG THE BEDS OMG.... like sleeping on a cloud..... only negative i could say, tv reciption was awful, but thats the least of our worries, we were in a triple room and lovely sunlight through the bay windows in the morning, very very nice place and a 8e taxi to the clubs and pubs

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Vinnie M
Reviewed 24 May 2012

The staff was very friendly and helpful, but the facilities left something to be desired. Our room wasn't the cleanest, there was no proper door on the bathroom, and there was no hot water in the shower in the morning (had heard someone else complain about this the night before on our arrival, but I guess it wasn't addressed). Aside from the shower, everything was adequate, but I wouldn't recommend.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 May 2012

The staff at Killarney Guest House is very friendly and welcoming and serve you tea and biscuits on arrival, which we appreciated very much. The room, however, was very small and the strength of the water supply in the shower not very good. The breakfast was fabulous, a great variety in the buffet and you could have as much as you wanted. The price was a bit high for the quality of the room.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aries53
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Booked this guest house through the tourist board on the main street in Cork. The tourist officer phoned Killarney and the girl said she would have the kettle on for us.When we arrived (2 couples) the tea was made and lovely home baking ready for us. Credit card was asked for only when we left. We booked for one night but decided to stay 2 nights. Our room was 9, up a couple of flights and looking out onto the main road which was not a problem. Our friends were in room 2 which looked out onto the back car park and views of a lovely bowling green. What can i say about breakfast best breakfasts we had in Ireland, from yoghurt, cereal, fesh fruit, home baking, full irish, tea/coffee, toast scones and they came and asked us if we wanted more.En-suites a bit small but it was fine no problems with the water.Lovely bed. Margaret O'Leary lovely lady who helped us in going to places of interest. Our American friends enjoyed every minute. Free wifi.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LothiansTootsie
Reviewed 8 May 2012

We stayed in the Killarney Guest house for 2 nights to enjoy a quite weekend in cork. The room was small but clean and the bed was comfortable but the room was en-suite which really meant that they managed to jam a toilet, sink and shower into a wardrobe. It didn't even have a prober door, it was a plastic concertina door that didn't close properly and at my estimate the room ensuite was no bigger than 800mm * 2100 mm basically the depth of the shower tray and 3 shower trays wide. If this was a romantic weekend away for a new couple, well it wouldn't leave much to the imagination if one of you's had to use the facilities....... Honestly I think you would have been better off with a larger shared bathroom rather than paying extra for an miniature en-suite. But putting that aside, its handy for a nights stay, clean and affordable but if you really like your comfort I'd recommend an upgrade.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple