Ambassador Hotel & Health Club Cork
US$466
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,167 results
All reviewsmilitary hillhill overlooking the citynight portersteep hillcity centrelovely hotelbridal suitehotel restaurantfull irishlarge roomfrom start to finishstayed here for one nighttop classbalconycookhousereceptionistwedding
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 February 2012

Thanks to the amazing staff at the Ambassador last week when I visited for a 30th birthday party. I stayed on second floor in a room overlooking the city. It was another fantastic visit. The barman on duty Roy greeted me and my party with great enthusiasm and took care of our every need. He served us and entertained us at the same time. I so enjoyed the music in the Embassy bar. We had a fantastic fresh cooked breakfast served at the buffet on Sunday morning with the utmost of care. Everyone of the staff we encountered was so friendly and willing to make our stay the best it could possibly be. I highly recommend staying here and will definitely return again. Seems like I find myself returning more and more because I always am made to feel so welcome and special. Cudos to the Ambassador Cork and it's outstanding staff. Thank you again.

Room Tip: Definitely pick one on second floor overlooking the city. You'll have breathtaking views.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 February 2012

On a recent weekend break to cork my boyfriend and I stayed in the Ambassador. On early arrival, we were told our room would be ready shortly and were offered a place for our bags and given ideas for lots to do down the town. When we arrived back the receptionist told us we had been upgraded to an executive suite which was fantastic. The room was huge and very beautiful, extremely clean. The receptionist's were very helpful and friendly in helping us with things to do and restaurants downtown which was a 10-15 min walk downhill. Breakfast was beautiful each morning. All in all a fantastic hotel and would definitely return.

Room Tip: Ask for a city view room
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 January 2012

Stayed here for one night for a family wedding party. we had a family room which consisted of 2 double beds and a single bed and was quite a large room with a lovely view at the front of the hotel. it is really close to cork city so brilliant location for shopping (though you will have to get familiar with all the one way streets to ensure you dont get lost on the way back like we did). we didnt get to sample the food there apart from the breakfast which was lovely. definitely a lovely place for a family stay.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 January 2012

The hotel has a very striking architectural design and dates back to 1872 Quaint olde worlde charm !
.Stayed with another couple at the weekend. We received a warm Irish welcome ! Reception staff most pleasant and helpful.

Given free upgrade to front rooms with great views particularly at night. Bottled water, strawberries and 2 cup cakes in room gave a good impression !

Room had tea/coffee making facilities, iron and ironing board, plenty wardrobe space and full length mirror,(so often lacking in hotel rooms !) Hair dryer provided.

Well appointed spacious bathroom with bath and strong shower.

Night cap available from a charming night porter,Don.!

Would like to se more historical notes in bedroom, however the very pleasant receptionist Rhona provided me with a print off of the history (even though she was busy checking out for other guests at the time ) Front of house is so important !!

Have stayed in centre city hotels in Cork before but this was our first stay here and would definitely recommend it and will stay again.

Room Tip: Front rooms have balcony and super views of the city.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 January 2012

I bought a meal deal for this hotel with Grabone before christmas.
It was 2 starters and two mains i think i payed 23 euro for two people,Which is good if you could get a booking.
I tried after christmas twice to get a weekend booking but no luck.
Again 3 times i tried during Jan.to get a weekend booking nothing.
I even tried next week sorry nothing.
So i booked to night monday .
I rang today to confirm to be told sorry no we have no booking in your name even though they took my booking number of coupon etc.
But lady said no prob you can still come.
Well we arrived first impression was hotel a bit dated i also found lady on Reception very unfriendly no good evening or nothing.
We were seated in a room with one other couple.
The menu was ok but would of been nice to have the choice of eating off the bar menu as well.
One waiter was serveing no wonder as it was so quite.
We had chicken satat scwers with a small salad to start it was lovely maybe a 4th scwer would of been nice.
We both then had lamb steak on a bed of mash.
It came with veg very nice.
We ordered chips but not very nice they were rustic ones but other people might like them.
Before Dessert i went to the ladys room i passed reception and asked the lady where to go.
Her answer was out there.she dident say left or right.
I got the mille fille for dessert not nice at all it was like paper thin sheets of pastery very very sweet.
It also had a scoop of ice cream on top which i could not make out as the room was so dark.
but it had nuts in it.our waiter was very nice.
The same cant be said for the lady on reception who dident even bid us goodnight on the way out.
Such a pity as reception is the first place you see in a hotel.
Nice night out with my husband but i wouldent go back again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tammycorkireland
Chris C, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel & Health Club Cork, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2012

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for posting this review of our hotel following your recent visit, I would like to confirm we have since spoken and hopefully you were happy how I reacted to this and will trust me in the response I sent to you.

I am confident you will recieve a more positive experience when you return and I welcome any further feedback in that regard,

Thank you again for bringing this to my attention, it is only by recieving feedback can I react and respond in a way that wil benefit all customers of our hotel.

Kind Regards,