“Very nice.”

Ranked #16 of 58 Cork B&B and Inns
Galway, Ireland
“Very nice.”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Just had a lovely stay here for two nights during the week.
Had a room on the second floor, lovely big, clean bed, nice size bathroom, tea and coffee in the room. WiFi was strong in the room. There was a small tv with a good choice of cable channels. I opted out of the breakfast. The only "issue" I had was when I assumed there would be a hair dryer in the room. I went down to see if I could borrow one but couldn't find anyone. I rang their number from my mobile and got one a couple of minutes later.
I would happily stay here again and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed March 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Stayed here in October on a recent visit to Cork with my wife. We stayed with Jacki and her husband in their beautiful Cork city home. Its a stunning georgian house with stairways, perfectly furnished rooms and has a certain feel to the house, most other houses do not have. Its location is ideal, with just a stones throw to the city, this house is perfect for those who want to experience the city. Breakfast was hearty and tasty and our double room was excellently clean. Thank you Jacki!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
northwest Montana
Reviewed 9 October 2013

The Acorn House was perfect for our stay in Cork. Great location, great accommodations. Charlie and family were welcoming and worked hard to make sure our stay was comfortable. I would recommend this facility.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Stayed here recently with my wife on our wonderful trip to Cork City. Jacki and her husband were the perfect hosts. Jacki is such a wonderful lady, and an excellent host. Their guesthouse was the perfect location for us as we just went down the hill a little and we were in the city then. Our room was upstairs and had that perfect old world charm. Our room was very clean and tidy and we had a window facing the front of the house. Would recommend anyone to stay here. Location is excellent, and breakfast is very tasty!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Scotland
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Stayed here not so long ago, with my husband. We had the perfect stay. The location is ideal and the couple who run the B and B are truely wonderful. They are so helpful! We got a wonderful Irish breakfast which was fresh! Our bed was so comfortable and the room was perfect. The house is wonderfully decorated and has that old charm about it. I could not fault the place. Excellent cuisine, fantastic hosts and a very memorable stay! Thank you Acorn House!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Monaghan, Ireland
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Would only let me make a booking for a minimum of two nights. When I emailed about cancelling the second night, the owner told me she would have to cancel the two nights as she only takes bookings for a minimum of two nights! We ended up only staying one night but having to pay for two nights! Not very helpful at all. I would not stay here again.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank patjo382
Newtown, Connecticut
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Difficult to find and parking was an issue. Our room was on the top floor which involved more stairs than we anticipated. After a day of driving and sightseeing it was a slow climb upstairs. Bathrooms were very small and the shade on the small window did little to block the early morning light. We wee greeted warmly and given great advice on where to go for dinner and drinks just down the hill and around the corner. Breakfast was delicious and served quickly and with nice conversation.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple