“Best weekend ever”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
monaghan
“Best weekend ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

I have just returned from a weekend break with 3 other girls. What can I stay about this hotel it is an experience which everyone should have. From we entered till we left I never can only say wow it was amazing. The hotel is fabalous,the staff were extremely friendly efficent and pleasant. Niall showed us around before he showed us to our rooms what a lovely touch, Roisin was pleasant and give us a few tips on the area, and what can i say about the new kid on the block Padraig the trainee in the restaurant he made our breakfast a enjoyable feast. The food in the Perrots was beautiful and the service second to none. And the beds what can I say the best I have ever slept in.
So as I returned home this is a hotel which I will have to return too in the not to distant future to relive that wonderful experience Well done all at Hayfield Manor Thank you

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank MonaghanMum
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 8 March 2012
Dear Guest MonaghanMum,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor, and also for taking the time and effort to write your review.

I am delighted to hear how much you and your friends enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you for the positive comments about our hotel and our staff. I will be sure to pass on your gratitude to the whole team, particularly Niall, Roisin and Padraig. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your meal in Perrotts and that you had a restful night’s sleep. Your lovely feedback is very much appreciated.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back through our doors, hopefully in the near future.

Ettienne Van Vrede

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
Shillelagh Co Wicklow, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

We have just returned home from three days at Hayfield Manor. What a wonderful experience! All the accolades given on reviews are just so merited. From the moment you arrive you feel cherished and cared for. There are lovely public area with open fires and comfortable nooks and crannies. Service is excellent.The food was fresh and delicious at all times- and though rich the flavours of the individual parts were never lost. We so appreciated the flexilibility of the kitchen in 'tailor-making' any requests, and everything was beautifully presented. The staff are amazing, and cannot do enough for you. We had a HUGE room on the top floor with fine views over Cork and the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. It was like sleeping on a cloud! We particularly noted the care and attention our lady gave the room - no little detail was forgotten.

We cannot wait to return!

Room Tip: Second floor front overlooking Cork
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 1 March 2012
Dear Guest countrybumkin,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor, and also for taking the time and effort to write your great review.

I was delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of your recent stay with us. Thank you for the great comments and feedback. We want that our guests to feel as comfortable in Hayfield Manor as they do in their own home, and I truly hope you felt this throughout your stay. I will be sure to pass on your gratitude to the whole team, it is very much appreciated.

Cork
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

I have reviewed this hotel before but will do so again as it is in a league of its own. I travel a lot both for business and pleasure and stay in lots of hotels. I've come to the conclusion that every hotel manager and staff member in the world should be sent here for a night/weekend to see how it should be done. The other reviews will no doubt give you a flavour, but for me it all the little things, at every turn, that continue to delight. Tea/Coffee during the day came with complimentary fresh baked biscuits. The kids were given their own white mini-bathrobes for the pool. They of course had complimentary arm-bands ready. The pool had white table cloths on the tables with iced water and fresh fruit. A bottle of wine ordered to the room came with complimentary olives, nuts and hand-cut crisps. There were sheepskin rugs placed on the garden furniture at night for the smokers. It just gives a flavour of the attention to detail in this hotel, alongside the excellent staff at every turn. Honestly, from someone who has very high standards and expectations - do not consider staying anywhere else in Cork. You'd simply be a fool not to stay at Hayfield Manor

Room Tip: Always ask for an up-grade. If they have it they'll always oblige
Dear Guest Ken W,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor once again, and also for taking the time and effort to write your review.

I am delighted to hear how much you and your family enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you for the positive comments about our hotel and our staff. We continuously strive to exceed guests’ expectations, and it is wonderful to get such positive feedback. I will be certain to pass on your comments to our team.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back through our doors yet again in the near future.

Waterford
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

I stayed in the Hayfield manor on a eat, sleep and treat package 199 euro per person. This meant B&B with a spa each worth 90 euro and dinner in the bistro hotel. This hotel is very classy with excellent service from all the staff including the bar, the spa, the restaurant and the reception staff too. The accomodation is very good with everything you could need in a hotel room, very clean. There was a large telly and a dvd player which would be priceless if you travlled with children. The room we got, while very nice, I suspect there are nicer rooms in the hotel. We were room 340 on the third floor which is the last room in the corridor, it had a pitched roof and so the window was very small. However the bed was spacious , pillows so comfy and the bedclothes were divine. Our spa appointment again was very relaxing and very professional. We had dinner in the hotel that night which was good but not great. The service however makes up for everything - they are just so professional and warm. Breakfast was freshly cooked and delicious.

1 Thank MorrisseyFan
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 23 February 2012
Dear Guest MorrisseyFan,

It was wonderful to read how much you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you for the positive comments about our hotel and our staff. We welcome all guest feedback, and it is always wonderful to receive positive feedback. Thank you. Thank you also for your additional helpful feedback, I can assure you that I have taken it all on board.

We would love to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor, hopefully in the near future.

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

I've stayed here before when visiting Cork and will always return to this hotel. The hotel is beautiful and the rooms are large, very comfortable and immaculate.

The staff are extremely friendly but always trying to go the extra mile to make your stay perfect. The food and service in the restaurants are second to none

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest Pete H,

Thank you for taking the time to review out hotel, and for choosing to stay with us once again at Hayfield Manor.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the your most recent stay with us, Thank you for the great comments and feedback about our hotel, cuisine and most importantly our staff, who truly are the biggest asset to Hayfield Manor.

We would be delighted to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor, hopefully in the near future.

Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

I stayed here with my other half for a night away.
From the check in where the manageress upgraded us through to the fantastic dinner in Perrots Bistro (Orchids was closed on the night we stayed) the service was simply fantastic.
Every member of staff we met was courteous, and couldn't do enough to help without ever being intrusive.
Prices for dinner (including the excellent wine list) were very reasonable for a five star hotel (in my experience this is pretty rare in Ireland) and the food quality was excellent and well presented.
By far the best hotel in Cork and very deserving of its place at the top, I look forward to returning.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 22 February 2012
Dear Guest Bcorish,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor for your break away, and also for taking the time to review our hotel.

I was delighted to read that you had such an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for the wonderful feedback and positive comments, they are very much appreciated and mean a lot to myself and the whole team.

Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

I am often in Cork and I always try to have dinner at Hayfield Manor. The service, the food, the atmosphere, the price are all excellent and the staff are always welcoming and friendly. I've never had a bad experience at Hayfiend Manor and it would greatly surprise me if this were to change!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Re F
Dear Guest Re F,

Thank you for your lovely review, and for choosing Hayfield Manor as your number one choice of restaurant in Cork.

It was wonderful to read the positive feedback on your review. Thank you for your very kind comments, I will be sure to pass them on to the restaurant team. Thank you also for supporting our restaurants, it is very much appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Cork.