“fabulous hotel in Cork”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
London, United Kingdom
“fabulous hotel in Cork”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

what a fab hotel-huge bedroom and great facilities-they even had a putter and ball in the room for golf practice! The breakfast was superb-I was only there one night but it was great-the bed was so comfortable.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Cliff C
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Dear Guest Cliff C,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor recently and indeed for reviewing our hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to read that we managed to make such a fantastic impression on yourself after only one night and that you enjoyed all of our facilities.

I hope I shall have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor in the near future, hopefully for a longer stay next time.

Ettienne van Vrede

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

We spent two wonderfully relaxing days in Hayfield Manor last week. Our only problem was that we had to leave!!!
Each and every one of the staff we met were always happy and smiling and this love of their job comes across in the level of service and the attention to detail in the hotel.
Bucks Fizz and eggs Benedict, what a way to start the day, one of the best breakfasts we have had.
We dined in both the Bistro and Orchids and again both meals were excellent, Sandra's wine recommendation was superb.
We would highly recommend Hayfield Manor for anyone's romantic and relaxing visit to Cork.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MnMIreland
Dear Guest MnMIreland,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us recently, and thank you also for taking the time to review our hotel.

It was an absolute pleasure to read through your review. I am thrilled to know that you enjoyed your stay so immensely. Thank you very much for your wonderful comments about all aspects of our hotel, especially our breakfast cuisine.

Thank you also for lovely comments regarding our staff members here at Hayfield Manor. It is always a pleasure to receive such wonderful recognition from our guests. I will be certain to forward your comments to each and every member of the team, as I am sure they will all be as thrilled as I am.

I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor in the near future.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

Wow - this place was unreal. It was tucked away by the university and my husband and I felt special the moment we walked in. The first thing you see is a grand staircase and beautifully treated dark wood. The bar is huge, but cozy at the same time. Our room was very romantic and overlooked the rose garden. We stayed over Valentine's Day and my husband was able to contact the hotel florist to get me a dozen roses - the staff… I cannot say enough. We ate dinner at the hotel restaurant and it was one of our best meals in Ireland. If you can afford to splurge, stay here! You won't regret it!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Colleen B
Dear Guest Colleen B,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your lovely review, and for choosing to stay with us recently.

I am thrilled that you were so pleased with our hotel and that we were able to make it a very special occasion for you both during your Valentine’s break. Thank you for your kind praise, it is greatly appreciated. I am also very pleased to hear that our team could not do enough for you; it is always lovely to be able to relate such positive feedback to our team.

I very much hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor again in the near future.

Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

The staff at Hayfield Manor are second to none. We had reason to re book our stay with them at very short notice and it did not present them with any problems whatsoever. This is even though we had already checked in but had to leave again after two hours!

The rooms, food, bar and location are all excellent. It also has a lovely ambience.

I would thoroughly recommend it.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MPORIreland
Dear Guest MPORIreland,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review, and for indeed choosing to stay with us recently at Hayfield Manor.

It was delightful to read through your review and I am thrilled to know that you enjoyed all of our facilities. Thank you very much indeed for your high praise of our hotel and indeed for recommending us, it’s always a great pleasure to here that our guests would recommend us.

I hope I shall have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor again, hopefully in the near future.

New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

I have visited this hotel twice now and brought my wife and newborn the second time after experiencing the simple refinement and attention to detail the staff has. Great breakfast quiet atmosphere. Bart the doorman is one of a handful worldwide I remember. Great country, great warm feeling. One of the last places that welcome guests with a drink to warm the soul on a winter day.

Stayed December 2013
2 Thank Mark S
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Dear Guest Mark S,

Thank you very much indeed for choosing to stay with us again at Hayfield Manor, and for taking the time to write your glowing review.

I would like to thank you very much for your praise of our hotel and the facilities that we have to offer. It is always a pleasure to welcome back guests for continued visits and to successfully exceed their expectations once more.

I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the future for a third visit.

Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

My husband and I have dined in the hayfield manor on many occasions and the place never lets us down.

The food is top class and the presentation down to the taste is excellent.

The hotel is run by a very nice gentleman called Ettienne and its down to him and his team that makes this hotel special.

If you have bad staff, then the business will not succeed and the hotel will eventualy close; but when you have excellent staff run by competent management; the only way is up

its our number place to go in cork, be it for afternoon tea or for some lunch

thanks

Room Tip: If you are looking for a class place to stay in cork,Then the Hayfield Manor is that place.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank georgia l
Dear Guest georgia l,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write your review, and indeed for choosing to dine with us on many occasions.

It is lovely to hear that you consistently enjoy all your dining experiences with us, and that our team continue to impress you with their service standards and cuisine.

I very much hope that we will have the pleasure of your company for many more years to come.

Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

Having never stayed in a Hayfield Manor previously, we could not begin to describe our delight in discovering the one of the best hotels in Ireland. The moment we arrived to the moment we departed, the customer service was exemplary not to mention the wonderful ambience created by a period property displaying many of its original features balanced with modern conveniences including a great pool and spa, coffee machine, mini robes for the kids etc. The open gas fuelled fire place in our room was great along with the mini christmas tree provided great excitement for the kids. The food was amazing especially the breakfast, what a great choice.!!!
Great location, great staff, great experience. What more could one want? We will be back.....

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 112- it was excellent.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank astra1814
Dear Guest astra1814,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write your review, and indeed for choosing to stay with us here at Hayfield Manor recently.

It was a pleasure to read your review, and I am thrilled that you and your family enjoyed your first stay with us immensely. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the added amenities in your guest room and that our service standard exceeded your expectations. It is always lovely to hear the team receive such wonderful recognition.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor again soon.