“Utter Indulgance”

Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Cork
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Utter Indulgance”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

We stayed at The Hayfield Manor Hotel for one night,on saturday the 11th of January. The whole experience was truly Fabulous. We had a telephone call a couple of weeks before our stay enquiring as to whether we required spa treatments booking,which was a lovely touch.
Upon arrival we checked in and our bags were taken to our room,and nothing seemed too much trouble. The staff were all extremely polite,helpful and professional.at all times.
Our room was lovely,warm and well equiped. The bed was extremely comfortable and the bathroom was spacious with bathrobes and slippers provided.
We ate in Orchids restaurant on the saturday evening and the meal was truly 5star. The food was superb,the staff again fantastic and the atmosphere in there was really relaxing. There was a gentleman singing in the lobby during the evening,who was great and it made for a perfect evening.
I can't comment on the breakfast,as we choose not to have it,but would imagine it would have been as good as every thing else we experienced at Hayfield Manor.
This hotel is a truly wonderful haven,with first class staff,and hope to return one day soon.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ann S
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Dear Guest Ann S,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review, and for indeed choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor recently.

It was a delight to read through your review and I am thrilled to know that you had a truly fabulous time. Thank you also for your kind praise of our cuisine, accommodation and our team. It brings me much pleasure to know that we exceeded your expectations.

I hope I shall have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor again, hopefully in the near future.

Ettienne van Vrede

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (425)
Maennedorf, Switzerland
Reviewed 12 January 2014

we had a very nice break during the week of new years eve at the hayfield manor. We came in late after a long trip and immediately felt welcome after a very friendly greeting (would have loved a sip of the whiskey though). The staff in the hotel are just amazing and very friendly. Bart the concierge is simply brilliant.

The rooms where cozy and comfortable and the breakfast buffet simply brilliant. We also had dinner at the 2 restaurants and the food was excellent. In addition we attended the new year eve dinner event with some friends of ours and had a great time.

Now compared to other 5 star hotels around the globe I have to admit that some of the rooms would need some refresh as well as the bathrooms and some of the equipment in the room. Also it would be brilliant if they had a residence bar/restaurant where one could retire to as the place is very busy with external guest and getting a table or a tranquil space can be a challenge.

But these are complaints on a higher level and the staff and friendliness make the difference to other maybe more modern 5 star hotels.

we will be back for sure!

Room Tip: Superior rooms have more space and privacy
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Dear Guest bscyb,

Thank you very much indeed for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor for your New Year’s celebrations, and for taking the time to write your review.

I would like to thank you very much for your praise of our hotel and especially our cuisine in both of our Hotel restaurants.

Naturally, I am disappointed to read that you felt our guest accommodation wasn't quite five star, however I am delighted to inform you that this year we shall be renewing all our guest rooms so I hope that they will exceed your expectations in future visits.

bscyb, I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the future, and please help yourself to the whisky decanter on our reception desk, it is there for our guests consumption.

Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

Just back from a 3 night stay in hayfield with our baby. Hotel is great, service excellent, rooms lovely and food very good. The hotel has a lovely atmosphere and at all times either at breakfast, dinner or in the spa all the staff were happy to help and go that little further for us with a young baby. This hotel is a lovely get away.

Stayed January 2014
Dear Guest Josie_M2013,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write your review, and indeed for choosing to stay with us recently.

It is lovely to hear that you enjoyed the atmosphere, cuisine and guest room within our hotel. I am more pleased to know that all the team here thoroughly looked after you and your family.

I very much hope that we will have the pleasure of your company again in the future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We stayed at Hayfield Manor for a very special family occasion between Christmas and New Year. From my initial phone call to later emails and conversations with various staff I was impressed by the friendly and courteous service. This impression was emphasised by the warm reception received from Bart and all the reception staff on our arrival.

Our room was very spacious with views over the garden and rooftops of Cork and we were delighted with it. The first night we ate in the Bistro and had a delicious meal. Breakfast both mornings was wonderful - the full Irish breakfast was awesome!!!

The hotel itself looked so beautiful, magnificently decorated for the Christmas season - we even had a Christmas tree in our room!

The occasion for which we were in Cork was held in the hotel and an occasion which was such a happy celebration was definitely enhanced by the beautiful surroundings and attention to detail of all the staff in the hotel. I am looking for a reason to stay there again!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest bonviveur28,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write your review, and indeed for choosing to stay with us here at Hayfield Manor recently.

It was an absolute pleasure to hear how my team impressed you so highly. It always brings me such delight when the team here receive such wonderful recognition and I can assure you I will pass on your exceptionally kind feedback.

Thank you also for your high praise of our cuisine, accommodation and surroundings.

I very much hope you’ll find a reason to stay once more as it would be my pleasure to welcome you back.

Eagan, Minnesota
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We stayed with our extended family in late November and could not get over the outstanding accommodations, complete with a Xmas tree in each room, to the concierge service, dining room, and spa. Can't say enough about this lovely, warm hotel. The spa is not to be missed--quite an experience. The staff is superb and the food outstanding. The concierge even helped us find rooms at the next hotel in another city and made the reservations for us. She couldn't have been more helpful. We really felt we were so lucky to visit at this time as the holiday decorations were absolutely beautiful. We felt like we were having a "Downton Abbey" experience. It's an experience not to be missed!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest Rad32013,

I would like to thank you very much for choosing to stay with us recently at Hayfield Manor and also for taking the time to write your kind review.

I am delighted to know that you thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of your stay, especially having your own personal Christmas tree in your guest room and I am thrilled that you felt our hotel was so welcoming and warm.

Thank you very much also for your high praise of our staff. I will be sure to inform our concierge team of your kind comments as I’m sure they will be as pleased as I am to know that they exceeded your expectations.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back soon, hopefully for another relaxing stay.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

Lovely stay, the bed was so soft and comfy I never wanted to leave but when eventually I did it was worth it for the outstanding service and attention of the young gents in the bar. Outstanding training must go into the staff in Hayfield, they will bring me back again soon. Overall great hotel, great staff, great stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest JMCS28,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write your wonderful review, and for indeed choosing to stay with us recently.

It was a pleasure to read through your review and to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you very much indeed for your praise of our team, it always bring me great pleasure to be able to relate such high recognition back to the team.

It would be my pleasure to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor again in the near future.

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Myself and my family recently went to the Hayfield for Sunday lunch to celebrate a special occasion. The atmosphere in the hotel was really nice as it was coming up to Christmas and the hotel is always beautifully decorated. We were seated promptly and given our menus. But when we sat down we noticed two pieces of dirty used cutlery still with food on them. It was like they hadn't been removed from the previous guests. The table had been reset though so whoever did the table didn't check the cutlery. They were taken away and replaced. Then we placed our order but the waiter then came back to us and apologised that we had received the wrong menus and some of the choices we made were no longer available. The food that we did receive after this was really delicious. The condiments on the table were also quite grubby especially the oil and the salt cellar, they just need to be cleaned with a damp cloth. Overall we had a lovely Sunday lunch, the food was really good, and always enjoy visiting the hotel but there were just a few things that we were a bit disappointed with and really shouldn't be happening in a hotel of this quality.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank corkmike
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Dear Guest corkmike,

I would like to thank you very much for choosing to dine with us recently in our Perrott’s Garden Bistro and also for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to hear that you were impressed with the atmosphere of our hotel and more so our Christmas décor.

Naturally, I am disappointed to hear of the careless attention to detail you received the Sunday that you visited us. Dirty mise en place is most certainly not to our high standards, as I am sure you are aware from your previous visits. I have spoken with our restaurant team and I can assure you this situation will not arise again.

Corkmike, I would like to thank you for your review as it is only from balanced feedback such as yours that we can continue to improve our services in the future. I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future, where I assure you our standard will be at our usual five star.