“Excellent in every way”

Hayfield Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Cork
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel - I loved the old world charm and the relaxed atmosphere – The staff I can honestly say were exemplary each and every one and a definite credit to a very well-run establishment

Room Tip: Manor room - spacious, fresh and totally relaxing - excellent in every way
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Dear Guest Louise K,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write your review, and indeed for choosing to stay with us recently.

I am absolutely thrilled to have read through your review, and I am very glad to hear that you felt our team was a credit to the establishment. It always brings me such pleasure when the team receive such fantastic recognition. I will be sure to pass on your kind feedback to each and every one of them.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor again soon.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

This was our third stay at Hayfield and we thoroughly enjoyed it. Hayfield is a lovely hotel and the staff are great, very helpful & welcoming. The breakfast was by far the highlight of our stay- don't miss it! Dinner was good but not amazing, service was excellent but the food was a little forgettable, I would have forsaken the amuse bouche & palate cleansing sorbet for a better quality main course. Having said that all else was faultless & we look forward to the next visit! Well done Hayfield!

• Stayed: January 2014

Dear Guest aradLondon,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your wonderful review, and for indeed choosing to stay with us recently.

I am so thrilled to hear that your previous visit was your third; we always value our regular guests and their support. I would like to thank you for your kind praise of our team, I am sure they will be delighted to know that they help to make your experience with us at Hayfield Manor.

I am however disappointed to hear that you felt your meal in Orchid’s was forgettable on this occasion. We take great pride in serving five star cuisine here at Hayfield Manor so naturally I have forwarded your feedback on to our head chef to ensure that our cuisine is not letting our standards slip in the future.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor for your fourth visit in the near future.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

Stayed recently for two nights to attend a wedding and found our expectations exceeded in every area. The staff were all very helpful, always cheerful, and extremely courteous. The room was spacious and clean with a very comfortable bed. The lighting could be improved in the room, especially in the bathroom, but overall it was very restful and quiet. The bar and staff were amazing and took care of our large party. Breakfast was delicious.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the back of the hotel for a quieter experience.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest timitart,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor and also for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am absolutely delighted with your kind comments on our hotel. Thank you very much indeed for your wonderful praise of our staff. It is always a pleasure to receive such fantastic recognition from our guests. I will be certain to forward your comments to the team, as I am sure they will all be as thrilled as I am to know how much you enjoyed your recent stay.

My apologies that you felt the lighting in your guest room was less than sufficient, specifically in the bathroom. I am however pleased to inform you that throughout this year we shall be rejuvenating all of our guest rooms so I hope that on your next visit we will surpass your expectations.

We very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

Very definitely a place to go for a special occasion, elegant, opulent & oozing charm. The rest rooms are Devine!! The food although quite expensive is delicious. Home made melt in the mouth shortcake biscuits served with coffee out if a silver pot - ah well worth it I suppose

• Stayed: January 2014

Dear Guest katiecro52,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review, and for also for choosing to stay with us recently.

I am delighted to know that you were pleased with our hotel surroundings and more so that you thoroughly enjoyed our home made cuisine. We take great pride in sourcing local produce for all the catering in our hotel so your appreciation is especially kind.

I very much hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor in the near future.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

It was a very good experience. We do like the ambiance. Just a regret, no fire place in the dining room... Weather forecast where bad and finally a beautifull weather accompagned our trip in Cork. The bar, the lobby are charming and confortable and cosy, as we love. We'll come back as soon as possible

Room Tip: Breakfeast could be better,
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michel P
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Dear Guest Michel P,

It was a delight to read through your review, and I am thrilled that you enjoyed your visit to Hayfield Manor so thoroughly. I am also so pleased to hear that your stay was accompanied by some beautiful Irish weather!

I would also like to thank you for your praise of our residential areas and I am thrilled to know that you had a very good experience with us.

It would be a great pleasure to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor again, hopefully very soon.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

Totally superb service. Definitely a venue to recommend. Have stayed there a couple of times already and the staff are exceptional. Breakfast especially and food in general well above the expectations. Location is right in the centre of university area and is really nice for walking around.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Bill C

Dear Guest Bill C,

Thank you very much indeed for choosing to stay with us again recently and for writing your kind review on TripAdvisor.

I am so thrilled to read that we continually have the support of regular guests such as yourself, and that you so kindly recommend our hotel to others.

I would like to thank you also for your praise of our team; it brings me such pleasure to know that they continually exceed your expectations. I will be sure to relate your comments back to them, for which they will be thrilled.

I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

This is a really nice hotel. It has a very appealing and intimate atmosphere. It is like a big country house. Yet it is a pleasant 10 min walk to the south mall and is right over the road from the lovely grounds of university college cork. The public rooms are very comfortable and cosy and there are little places to slip away and have a quiet chat which gives the sense of being in a sitting room. The staff are very attentive and pleasant. The rooms are nice as well. the only criticism is that the shower is a touch weedy (but that's just me being picky), and the cables to the tv should be tidied up as this detracts from an otherwise we'll appointed room. The furnishings are not entirely to my taste ( a bit chintzy and fussy) but again I don't care as there is a great comfortable and welcoming feel to the place. I really like this hotel and the breakfast is a tour de force, silver service and served at your table. Exactly what I want. Give me any excuse and I will be back to this fine hotel. We'll done to all the staff who make it extra special. I have no problem giving this hotel five stars

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest gringottsgoblin,

Thank you very much indeed for choosing to stay with us recently at Hayfield Manor, and for taking the time to write your wonderful review.

It gives us all great pleasure to hear that you were so pleased with our hotel and that you enjoyed the welcoming cosiness of our residential areas. Here at Hayfield Manor we take great pride in ensuring our guests feel our hotel is their home. I would like to thank you also for your kind praise of our team; it is always so encouraging to receive such positive comments to be able to relate back to everyone.

Gringottsgoblin, naturally I am disappointed to read that you felt some of the aspects of your guest room were too fussy and that the shower was not powerful enough for you. I am however delighted to inform you that throughout 2014 all our guest rooms will be being rejuvenated so I very much hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future and that you will approve of our changes.