“Like Royalty in your "own" palace...”

Hayfield Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Cork
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Bedminster, New Jersey
“Like Royalty in your "own" palace...”
Reviewed 11 February 2014

If you want a trip back in time and make believe that you actually live in this relatively small (that is how it "feels") manor of your own, then this is the place to stay.
My husband and I LOVED the feel of this place...it feels "small", the staff is extremely on top of everything but you don't have them on your face...Another place that feels like being at home but with all the attention and pampering you may or may not have in your own home.
The food is excellent, the beds are delicious to sleep on, the location is perfect!!!!! we are definitely going back!

Room Tip: if you could stay in the presidential suite....it is worth it!!!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LFZ_81
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear Guest LFZ_81,

Thank you very much indeed for choosing to stay with us recently at Hayfield Manor and also for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am thrilled to know that you enjoyed your stay so immensely. Thank you for your very kind praise of our team and hotel overall. I am delighted to know that you felt our home was yours as we strive very hard to ensure our guests are made to feel exceptionally welcome.

I sincerely hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Ettienne van Vrede

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (425)
Dublin
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Really comfortable and stylish. Feels like a really posh country house hotel.
Staff exceptionally professional and friendly and clearly very well trained in customer service.
I stayed 2 nights and the only minor quibble I had was that the shoe shine facility (which is a rarity these days) wasn't great and I thought my shoes looked the same in the morning. Not exactly something to destroy one's stay!!
Because my visit was UCC related I got the corporate rate which is good value

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank MCannock
Dear Guest MCannock,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us recently and also for taking the time to review our hotel.

It was a pleasure to read through your review. I am thrilled to know that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you very much for your wonderful comments about our hotel, especially our service. It is always a pleasure to receive such wonderful recognition from our guests.

It would be my pleasure to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor again, hopefully very soon.

Tipperary, Ireland
Reviewed 11 February 2014

We stayed here for two nights, and it is a very relaxing spot. The pool was fabulous and the staff were very accomodating. The hotel itself was busy but at night you would not hear a sound. The only minor let down was the food, for the price it should be a level higher

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kerryyum
Dear Guest kerryyum,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Hayfield Manor, and indeed for choosing to stay with us recently.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you enjoyed your recent visit to us and that you especially mentioned our team. I shall be sure to relate your kind comments back to everyone.

Naturally I am disappointed to learn that you didn’t feel our cuisine was up to the same standard of our hotel. I am delighted to inform you however that over the next coming weeks we will be making improvements to our menu’s and so I sincerely hope that these shall exceed your expectations.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor in the near future.

Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed 10 February 2014

1,500+ people (those who have reviewed this property) cannot be wrong. My partner and I were hoping to spend a night in a castle as part of a short trip to Ireland, but every site we checked was booked up. Our AAA Ireland guide recommended Hayfield Manor, but I was skeptical because it was built so recently. One visit to their gorgeous web site solved that.

Upon arriving, we discovered a gated entrance at the end of a quiet street, and passing through we were greeted with a sprawling manor house on beautiful grounds. Check-in was quick and we were offered help with our bags several times. One of the receptionists walked us personally to our room and opened the door. Each time we passed an employee, we were greeted warmly.

The room was incredible, with the most comfortable bed and linens I have ever slept in. I could go on, describing each room or experience with superlative after superlative, but in short: afternoon tea was so delicious and filling that we skipped dinner; breakfast at the on-side Orchids was as varied as it was beautifully presented and satisfying to eat; the complimentary night-cap of locally-produced Drombeg was unexpected and very tasty. We did not use the pool or any of the spa facilities, but it was clear that they were top-notch.

In short, if your trip to Ireland takes you anywhere near Cork, stay at Hayfield Manor. And even if it doesn't, the attention paid to every aspect of this property warrants a substantial reroute.

Room Tip: We stayed in a manor room (120), at the end of the hallway. Our night was completely silent even tho...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear Guest Nathan R,

Thank you ever so much for choosing to stay with us recently at Hayfield Manor, and also for taking the time to write your wonderful review.

Thank you for your kind comments in relation to our hotel, I am all the more pleased to hear that although we were not your original first choice, you were so thrilled with your stay on departure.

I am also delighted to know that you were so impressed with our cuisine. At Hayfield Manor we take great pride in souring local ingredients to ensure that both of our restaurants exceed our guests expectations.

I very much hope that should you travel to Cork again, I will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 9 February 2014

My Husband and I recently stayed at the Hayfield Manor for 3 nights. Would highly recommend this Hotel. A special thank you to the staff member who found my handbag and had it brought to my room after I forgot it when I was checking in. Food was lovely in Orchids and exceptionally nice in the Bistro. Breakfast was superb. We had wonderful treatments in the Spa, the pool was lovely too. The Valet was a nice touch when we were leaving.

Room Tip: We had a garden facing room which was lovely and slept soundly through all the storms!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest AnneandEugene,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hayfield Manor recently, and also for taking the time to write your review.

I am so pleased to hear that you had such a wonderful stay with us and that our team made a lasting impression on you. I am also thrilled to hear that even during the storms we experienced last week you managed to sleep soundly!

It would be my pleasure to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor again, hopefully in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

I've been very fortunate to stay in some wonderful hotels but hayfield manor is by far the best! The luxurious surroundings, bedrooms that are almost impossible to leave, food that is just glorious & staff that are exceptionally helpful all contribute to a fantastic experience! Your wallet make take a bit of a hit but it is well worth it. Afternoon tea & a few hours in the spa are fabulous add-ons & if I was to kick the bucket tomorrow I'd spend my last night in an executive room in hayfield manor!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AnnetteCork
Dear Guest AnnetteCork,

Thank you very much indeed for choosing to stay with us recently and indeed for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am absolutely thrilled to hear that you had such a wonderful stay with us. Thank you kindly for your generous comments about all aspects of our hotel. I am so pleased to know that you felt we were now your first choice of hotel, it is always gratifying to exceed our guests expectations.

I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.

ireland
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Afternoon tea has become a real treat for many of us,and afternoon tea in Hayfield Manor a much anticipated event.Myself and 3 friends recently treated ourselves.It is not cheap.

The setting is fantastic beautiful rooms,shades of a bygone era,as china cups clink and silver glistens.
However,they are bent on increasing our waistlines as the ratio of savory to sweet,it seems to me,is all wrong.Lots of really delicious cakes but very few savories.Please change the balance and you will have the ideal Afternoon Tea.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest irishtouristontour,

Thank you very much for choosing to dine with us at Hayfield Manor recently, and also for taking the time to write your review.

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed our hotel surroundings and that although you found our Afternoon Tea to be of majority sweet, you did enjoy our cakes.

Throughout this year, we have some major changes occurring within our kitchen team so your balanced feedback will most certainly be forwarded on to our head chef during our change of menus.

It would be my pleasure to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor again in the near future.