“Weekend Treat”

Hayfield Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Cork
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Visited Hotel weekend of 7/8/9 March. Fantastic experience from the start. Welcomed at the door by the friendly Concierge and reception staff. Room excellent and very comfy bed. While I did not partake in the Spa my better half did and she was very impressed especially with the outside hot tub. We tried the food in the bar for lunch on Friday and it was beautiful and plenty of it. Good value. Saturday night after a visit to nearby Kinsale where we watched Ireland beat Italy, we dined in the main restaurant. Now that is what I call a culinary experience. Terrific food and friendly staff what more do you want. We will certainly be back for more pampering.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view to the front or the garden
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear Guest Brian S,

I would like to thank you very much for choosing to stay with us recently at Hayfield Manor and also for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor.

It always brings me great pleasure to hear that we have given such a memorable experience to our guests, so naturally I am thrilled to hear your wonderful comments about our spa, Orchid’s restaurant and cuisine. In particular, I would like to thank you kindly for your high praise of your team; it is truly wonderful to be able to relate such praise back to everyone.

I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future for more pampering.

Ettienne van Vrede

Write a ReviewReviews (3,181)

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Firstly I don't like to write bad reviews but I was very disappointed by Hayfield.

The room was cold upon arrival, took us about a half hour to work out the heater unit, no radiators

It really didn't have the quality and flair of a 5 star hotel .

My Triton T90 had better pressure than the shower at Hayfield , it was officially the worst shower I have ever experienced in any hotel.

Parking is limited and its not walking distance from the City Center.

Breakfast wasn't included in the high price I paid for the stay but could be bought for €20 per person... No thanks.

Plus points:

-The staff were friendly
-The pool was nice.
- Pint of Guinness was expensive but nice.
-Complimentary dressing gown and flip flips and a convenient entrance to the pool area

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank SummitSeeker14
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear Guest KildareGer,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Hayfield Manor, and indeed for choosing to stay with us recently.

Firstly, I would like to thank you for complements in relation to our spa, Guinness and also the team here at Hayfield Manor.

I am however very disappointed to read that you did not feel your stay had the flair or quality of which you had been expecting. I would also like to take this opportunity to acknowledge that we do always appreciate feedback from our guests, your comments are incredibly important to us in order to be able to continue to grow and improve our products for the future.

Mr KildareGer, I would be grateful if you could contact myself directly at Hayfield Manor so that we can resolve the issues you have stated above and hopefully be given the opportunity to exceed your expectations on a future visit.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

I hate to say it but after 3 consecutive visits to this hotel each time I have had the same bad experience. On all occasions we froze!! There is only 1 fire in the main entrance, come reception, come eating area, come check in area!! Yes the food in the restaurant is good but for god sake turn up the heat!! Spa is dreadfully outdated. Entrance and grounds very nice but not enough car park space. Staff very nice always.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank corkberry

Dear Guest corkberry,

I am pleased to read that having stayed with us previously, our team, restaurant and grounds have continually exceeded your expecations.

Naturally I am disappointed to read that you feel on all occasions the hotel has been cold. We do only have one open fire in our lobby area, however adjoined to our lobby are two small residential areas where we also have fires. I would like to thank you for drawing this to our attention, and inform you that some of our guest suites also have fires in the room. On your next visit we would be delighted to assign you to one of our guests suites to ensure a comfortable, and more importantly, warm stay.

I do sincerely hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor again.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

We booked three rooms for four nights
Rooms were well appointed
A charming hotel with a staff who understand the importance of not good but great service
Nice bar and restaurant was a delight
We are from Canada and wanted to watch the semi final NFL game on Sunday night
We asked the front desk if they could recommend a sport pub that would offer the game
and they offered to make a few calls to confirm that the game would be available
We returned an hour later and were advised that they would provide a link to their boardroom and that the game would be available to us on their giant screen
We were served drinks and dinner in the boardroom and enjoyed watching the game
I love Ireland and will return to this hotel
One of my better hotel visits
Kudos to owner and staff

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank JohnTOttawa

Dear Guest JohnTOttawa,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write your review, and also for choosing to stay with us recently.

I am delighted to read that our team exceeded your expectations especially and that you were also pleased with our bar and restaurant facilities. Thank you also for your mention of us accommodating your wish to watch the NFL game, we do always try to meet any requests from our guests and so I am thrilled that on this occasion we were able to facilitate your enquiry.

It would a great pleasure to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor again, hopefully very soon.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

We had a great stay a Hayfield manor over Christmas and new year combining some special packages. We flew to Dublin and took a Bus (aircoach) to Cork which worked nicely both ways. The Hotel was as nice as expected. It was just about 15 min by foot to the town centre with good shopping possibilities. We mainly dined at the Hotel and were not disappointed. We especially enjoyed the bar, very classy. Breakfast was fantastic, especially the eggs benedict with smoked salmon. The spa had a steam bath and a small outdoor jacuzzi next to the inside swimming pool. We didn´t have any spa treatments. The New year´s dinner experience was like from Downton Abbey, most stylish. All in all a great experience!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WGabriele

Dear Guest WGabriele,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Hayfield Manor, and for choosing to stay with us recently.

I am delighted to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay. Thank you very much indeed for your very kind praise of our hotel, especially our breakfast and evening cuisine. I am also thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the atmosphere of our Manor Bar.

We are truly pleased you had such a wonderful Christmas and New Year’s break with us and I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Wonderful staff. Beautiful hotel....we had a lovely room overlooking the garden. Great breakfast served in Perrots restaurant, which is a lovely bright and airy room. The bar has a nice ambience, busy but relaxed and elegant at the same time. Great cocktail selection and now choice of wine by the glass. We love coming back here !

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank 30Catherine

Dear Guest 30Catherine,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write your review, and also for choosing to stay with us again recently.

I am thrilled to read that enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us. Thank you for your wonderful comments in relation to our team, breakfast and menu selections. I will be sure to inform all of the team here at Hayfield Manor of your kind praise.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

just a tad dissapointed, as its our second time to stay, and when i called this time and asked for a junior suite for one night, i had to take two nights, so i made some arrangements and agreed to two nights but when we arrived we were in a room quite basic, with zero view of anything, i would have liked that the lady who took reservation would have noted that i originally wanted a junior suite, and would have accomodated us in something a little nicer, it was a very special occasion.
other than that though it still lives up to the highest standards, staff are wonderful and so accomodating. restaurant and food particularly on the first night was exceptional. this was valentines weekend, and i suspect they were busy, so night two in the restaurant not as good or as fresh as first night which could not be faulted.
we will return no doubt, but will feel the need to be alot more specific when making reservation, and hope that the person on reception will accomodate more appropriately.
having stayed in some of the other rooms before, it was dissapointing when we were put in the room we were put it, had we not experienced the other lovely rooms, we probably wouldnt have judged as much.

Room Tip: be specific when booking about the type of room you need.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pippy k

Dear Guest pippy k,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us recently and also for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to read that you had a wonderful stay and were impressed with our team and cuisine especially.

Naturally I am disappointed to hear that your room request was not facilitated on this occasion. We continually strive to meet and exceed our guest’s expectations and therefore it is disheartening to read that we did not exceed yours on this visit.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor again, hopefully very soon.