“Staying at the Manor”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
BURLINGTON
“Staying at the Manor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

The Hayfield Manor definitely is one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed at, the hotel was completely refurbished 20 years ago, but it looks like it is from the 19th century, outstanding hotel in all aspects. Our room was a multi-level room with a huge king size bed, a heavenly bed that was very comfortable indeed.
Great hotel, a real winner!

Room Tip: Ask for the multi-level room.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear rosscup,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Hayfield Manor, and indeed for choosing to stay with us recently.

I am delighted to learn that you had such an enjoyable break. Thank you very much indeed for your kind comments on our hotel, particularly about our accommodations. It is always a delight to know that we have exceeded our guests’ expectations, and I am very glad indeed to know that you enjoyed a comfortable nights’ sleep.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor again in the near future.

Ettienne van Vrede

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
East Lansing, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

My husband and I stayed with Hayfield Manor during a special trip to Ireland celebrating our 28th wedding anniversary. Our initial greeting from Frank was a great start to our stay, he was very helpful and curtious getting us on our way to visit the city of Cork and enjoy the Manor's proptery to the fullest during our stay.
The Manor house has great charm and even though it is very elegant it wasn't stuffy, we utilized most of the facilities durning our stay from the pool/hot tub to the bar/restaurant. We also walked the grounds and viewed the bunny cage and Aviary which had a very nice variety if birds.
Michael, was also very help with our stay since we did have some trouble with our rental car and he was very kind to assist us in getting it straightened out. He also recommended some local pubs for a more local flavor of Cork that we visited and really enjoyed.
We would recommend The Hayfield Manor to enjoy who wanted a quite and special property that is within walking distance to most of downtown.

Room Tip: Our room looked out the front of the Manor house, it had a lovely view.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear JanetP007,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Hayfield Manor, and for choosing to stay with us recently to celebrate your anniversary.

From beginning to end it was a pleasure to read your review. We are very proud of the high level of service that we provide, and I am delighted to know that we exceeded your expectations. We are also truly blessed to have such a wonderful team, and it is always very gratifying to receive such high praise. I will be certain to pass on your wonderful comments to whole team, especially Frank and Michael.

Thank you also for your wonderful recommendation of our hotel. It gives me great pleasure to know that you enjoyed every minute of your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you both back to Hayfield Manor again very soon.

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

From the moment our family ( parents and 2 adult daughters ) arrived at the Hayfield Manor, we were enveloped in a wonderful big hug that never let go! Each and every person from the bellmen to the GM, was as delightful and helpful as he or she could be. A genuine sense of wanting the guests to have the absolute best time there, was the feeling that we felt at all times. No one was pushy or overbearing. Each person was just delightful!
We were sad to only be there two days, as we could have stayed forever!!!
The location was perfect for sightseeing. We walked everywhere in Cork from the hotel.
The entire hotel was beautiful , inviting, comfortable and spacious! Our rooms were to die for! ( my husband loved the putter!)
We thoroughly enjoyed the dining , drinks and tea times. The meals we had were always delicious and more than enough food . I also loved the Nespresso coffee maker in our suite. However, the coffee in the dining room was as good or better and I am hooked on Nespresso ! Again, the staff who took care of us at these times were wonderful and friendly.
Thank you , Etienne, Jordan, Barbara and everyone for making our stay at the Hayfield our favorite part of our Ireland trip!!
We look forward to seeing you all again one day.

Dear Kathleen H,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review, and for choosing to stay at Hayfield Manor with your family on your recent vacation in Ireland.

From beginning to end, it was an absolute delight to read through your review, and I am thrilled that you all enjoyed your visit. I am very glad to hear that you were so pleased with our location, our amenities and our cuisine. It gives me great pleasure to know Hayfield Manor was your favourite place to stay during your travels.

Thank you also for your wonderful praise of our staff. I will be certain to pass on your comments to our whole team, and I am sure that Jordan and Barbara in particular will be as delighted as I am to know that you enjoyed your stay so thoroughly.

I look forward to welcoming you all back to your Irish home away from home very soon.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

The Hayfield Manor definitely falls into the hotel category of old school charm, although I have no idea how long it has been a hotel for. It has presence, that is for certain. My room was a good size, had a lovely bed and looked beautiful.

It has a large car park but one with very, very few free spaces when I arrived during the day as lots of people were there for lunch or meetings. This may be something to note or to perhaps prearrange, if possible, if it is critical to arrive around lunchtime.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Dear ncw73,

I would like to thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor recently, and indeed for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor.

Thank you very much for wonderful praise of our hotel. I am very glad to hear that you were so pleased with your room and with our hotel in general. I hope that you enjoyed a comfortable nights’ sleep during your stay.

I hope that you didn’t encounter any difficulty in parking during your stay. As we are located in the city we are unfortunately currently not in a position to expand our car park, however our Concierge team are always delighted to provide complimentary valet parking to our guests, and it would be our pleasure to arrange valet parking for you on your next visit.

I very much hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor in the near future.

london
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

Just came back from hayfield manor, we stayed for a week with our young son. The best thing for us was the pool area, which is really beautiful and never over crowded as you can find in most hotels with pools, most of the time we practically had it to ourselves. We stayed in a suite which was very spacious although is just one big space, would be great if they could get room screens/panels which would separate living and sleeping areas as you could put children to sleep without the light from TV's keeping them up ect, but that said the bed was so soft and comfortable our son had no problems sleeping. Great location, close to the centre, housekeeping was excellent everything was spotless, really good breakfast with lots on offer and the most of the staff were genuinely friendly. Negatives would be atmosphere in restaurants/public areas seem a bit contrived and pretentious, not due to staff but the place has a bit of a stuffy vibe, that said its a lovely hotel and in cork it's worthy of its 5 stars, and we'd like to stay again if in the area

Dear celestine B,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Hayfield Manor, and for choosing to stay with us recently.

I am delighted to know that you and your family were so pleased with our leisure facilities, and that you enjoyed a restful sleep while staying with us. Thank you for your lovely recommendation of our hotel, it is very much appreciated.

While I am sorry to hear that you found the atmosphere of the hotel a little stuffy, I am very glad that you felt our staff were friendly. We are fortunate to have an exceptional team at Hayfield, and I will be certain to forward on your comments to them. It means a great deal to us all to know that we made such a wonderful impression.

I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you all back to Hayfield Manor again very soon.

Towson, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

The Hayfield Manor hotel is wonderful. From the moment you walk through their doors, you feel very special. There is nothing they won't do for you. The lobby is beautiful. The bar is very inviting, the dining room is cozy but you feel like you have plenty of privacy. The rooms are quite extraordinary. They are more like mini suites. Beautifully decorated with crisp, heavy linens and lovely covers. Fresh water and ice each day and evening. Room service 24/7 if that is your preference. We chose to have breakfast included with our stay and it was delightful. A full Irish breakfast that can keep you going all day. The concierge was great. He mapped out directions for a place that was hard to find. With his help, we had very little trouble. The staff are very gracious and polite. If you want (and deserve) a place like this, you will pay a little more but it is so worth it. And, you are a mere 7 minutes from the center of Cork City. GO!!

Room Tip: Ask for a twin bedded room. They are very large. Double rooms are much smaller but still quite nic...
1 Thank 1vacay2
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear 1vacay2,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write your review, and for choosing to stay at Hayfield Manor.

It was an absolute delight to read through your review, and I am thrilled that you enjoyed your visit. I am very glad to hear that you found your guest room and bed quite comfortable, and I hope that you had a restful night’s sleep. Thank you for your marvellous description and recommendation of our hotel, it is greatly appreciated.

I am very glad to know that we made such a wonderful impression, and that we exceeded your expectations. I am delighted that our staff were able to assist you, and I will be certain to forward your kind praise on to the team, and especially to our concierge.

It would give me great pleasure to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor again very soon.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

Hayfield has got to be one of our top 3 favourite hotels, not just at home but out of everywhere we've ever stayed. My husband and I had a long discussion on the matter,Hayfield, Dromoland and The Jalousie Plantation....(oh and Tahilla Cove, but technically that's a B&B) we love them all but couldn't agree which we loved the most, I suppose because they all have the same strengths, excellent, friendly and accommodating staff, a luxurious, yet un-stuffy and relaxed atmosphere, open fires for winter-time coziness (the Irish Hotels!!! LOL) and wonderful, comfy rooms to chill out in and have a great sleep.
The first time we stayed at Hayfield we weren't quite as relaxed as we had two young dogs with us that stayed in the kennels. But as our dogs are indoor dogs, the kennels didn't suit them and they cried most of the night (bad for us and everyone else I'm sure!) This time we left them at home and really enjoyed the stay :) The room was wonderful, loved the Elemis products, the air-con works, the staff honestly cannot do enough for you and are courteous and helpful without overdoing it and being being smarmy. We ate here two nights, Perrots bistro one night and the Orchid restaurant the second, both evenings the food and service were second to none and we had a wonderful night. The bar area is so comfy and relaxing, I hope we get to stay there some snowy night near Christmas as I think I would be in heaven then! :) Anyway- enough- we really enjoyed it and will be returning as this is easily the best hotel that we have stayed in in Cork, by a country mile!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest TaisceMireille,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review, and for returning to Hayfield Manor again recently.

It was an absolute delight to read through your review, and I am thrilled that you were so pleased with your visits to us. I am very glad to hear that you find our hotel and staff so welcoming, thank you very much indeed for your kind comments. I am especially thrilled that you hold us in such high estimation amongst our peers.

Thank you also for your wonderful praise of our cuisine and our service. I will be certain to pass on your comments to our whole team, and I am sure they will all be delighted that we continue to surpass your expectations.

I very much hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor once again at Christmas time if not before then.