“what a marvelous place!”

Hayfield Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Cork
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 18 May 2014

we chose this hotel due to nice pictures and positive reviews - and we are so glad we stayed here!
it looks great, it offers a truly 5-stars attitude and service, it has a lovely pool overlooking a small garden - everything was fantastic

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear stanMoscow,

I would like to thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor, and also for taking the time to write your wonderful review of our hotel.

I am utterly delighted with your fantastic review. Thank you very much indeed for your very kind praise of all aspects of our hotel. It is immensely gratifying to know that exceeded your expectations.

Thank you for your very positive feedback, it is greatly appreciated by the entire team.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor again in the near future.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

We travelled to Ireland for a wedding and selected Hayfield Manor as our base for two nights. Very rarely do we consider 5* all round and we often stay in equivalent rated hotels in the UK. Staff exceeded their courtesy and attentiveness, they each appeared interested but not invasive. The suite was perfect, airy, comfortable and absolutely clean. Breakfast was amazingly varied and portion sizes excellent particularly if a long day ahead is planned. Bar snacks were also of a high standard. We would definitely recommend staying here and would certainly choose Hayfield Manor as our hotel of choice when in Cork.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mjaking66

Dear mjaking66,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write your review, and for choosing to stay with us recently.

It was an absolute delight to read through your review, and I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay at Hayfield Manor so thoroughly. It gives me immense pleasure to know that you would rate us and recommend us so highly.

Thank you also for your wonderful praise of our cuisine and especially of our staff. I will be certain to pass on your comments to our whole team, and I am sure they will all be delighted to know that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and that they helped to make such a wonderful impression.

I very much look forward to your return to Hayfield Manor, hopefully in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Loved our stay there and there is no doubt that it is a lovely hotel - set on beautiful but small grounds. It's an old country house and the service is very good. Food wise - it was also very good. The only thing I would hold against it is the price. Thought prices to be expensive - and a €9 surcharge for room service is something I hadn't seen before.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear MartinBOX78,

I would like to thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor recently, and indeed for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor.

Thank you very much for your kind praise of our hotel. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay overall, and that you were particularly pleased with our cuisine and our service.

I am sorry however to note that you felt that our prices are expensive. I would like to clarify that we regularly review our prices to ensure that they are favourable in comparison to those of similar hotels both in Ireland and abroad. I would like to assure you that your feedback is most welcome, and that we will be reviewing our prices again in the coming weeks.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor again, hopefully in the near future.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Excellent service in a delightful country house type hotel. Wonderful to see that the bulk of the staff are locals with an in depth knowledge of local attractions. The hotel was full, which speaks for itself in these difficult economic times.

1  Thank Kit230

Dear Kit230,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Hayfield Manor, and indeed for choosing to stay with us recently.

I am absolutely delighted to know how much you enjoyed your stay. I am also very glad that you were pleased with our team, and that they were able to assist you in planning your activities. It means a great deal to us all to know that we managed to exceed your expectations.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor again, hopefully for an extended visit.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights with friends as part of an Irish holiday last month. Got to be one of the loveliest hotels we have ever stayed in. It's a real 'Country House' hotel but only 10-15 mins walk to the city centre. Rooms were spacious and beautifully appointed with very comfortable beds, bottled water and Elemis toiletries. We ate in the Bistro the first night which was superb and the breakfast choice and service were just excellent. The guys played golf and the ladies did some sight seeing & shopping and had a half day in the spa. Again wonderful, attentive, service from highly qualified staff. I have not felt so relaxed in a long time. Everything is of the best quality but the thing that really made the Hayfield stand out for me was the staff. Efficient but fun, they really did do everything they could to make our stay an enjoyable one. Irish hospitality at it's very best. If you want comfort, service and relaxation this is the pace to go. We had just come from a hugely disappointing stay in the Gresham in Dublin. The Hayfield, with an extra star, cost less and is on a different planet in terms of accommodation, service and atmosphere. Very much hope to return soon. Only quibble was lack of Internet access in room though to be fair we didn't query it because we were in relaxed mode. May have been possible to fix it. To the staff - keep it up, this is how it should be done!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear scottishtraveller44

It was an absolute delight to read through your review. I am blown away by your wonderful praise of our hotel. It means a great deal to me that you would rate us so highly, and I am very glad that you were so pleased with every aspect of your stay. I am especially glad to know that you found your stay so relaxing, and that you would recommend us to others.

Thank you also for your kind praise of our staff. It is absolutely wonderful to hear such great feedback from our guests, and I am sure our whole team will be as thrilled as I am to know that they exceeded your expectations.

I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor again, hopefully in the near future.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

My partner and I stayed here for a long weekend and had a fantastic experience from the start (room upgrade always a good start!!!! The food from breakfast through to Supper first class and faultless! The staff were friendly and courteous, professional and thoughtful. Anything that was requested, an extra lamp for the bedroom, extra shower gel was provided instantly. We will certainly return for sure!!

Room Tip: Corner suite was ideal!
1  Thank juliuskelly

Dear juliuskelly,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Hayfield Manor, and for choosing to stay with us recently.

I am delighted to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay, and that you thought so highly of our hotel. I am thrilled to know that we exceeded your expectations.

Thank you also for your wonderful praise of our staff. We are fortunate to have an exceptional team at Hayfield, and it means a great deal to us all to know that we made such a wonderful impression.

I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you both back to Hayfield Manor again in the near future.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Loved Hayfield Manor as soon as we stepped through the door...branded as a small luxury hotel and it is just that and a real gem in a world of bland hotel chains.
Lives up to the glowing reviews that have been posted on this forum...class act all round from the location, building, antiques, paintings and furniture.
Really good room at the front of the building and a very good bathroom..excellent nights sleep in a very comfortable bed.
Full Irish breakfast on the Sunday morning was one of the best for a very long time, due to commitments outside was not able to sample the dinner menu although we did manage a bite to eat in the bistro....bar was really good with a great atmosphere and a great selection of drinks.
What makes the Hayfield Manor extra special are the staff who really do go the extra mile to make you feel welcome as a guest.
Loved the stay that much that we have booked a return visit prior to our flight out on our last week in Ireland....!

2  Thank ExpatKL88
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear ExpatKL88,

First of all I would like to thank you very much for choosing to stay with us recently and also for taking the time to review Hayfield Manor.

Thank you also for your very kind comments regarding our service and accommodation. I am delighted to learn that you were pleased with your room, and that you enjoyed cuisine. We take immense pride in the service which we offer and in each member of the team at Hayfield Manor. It is most gratifying to know that our efforts are recognized by our guests.

I will be certain to pass on your kind comments to the whole team, as I am certain they will be as pleased as I am to know how much you enjoyed your visit.

I am delighted to know that you have already arranged to return, and I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.