Hayfield Manor Hotel
US$257
Agoda.com
Imperial Hotel(Cork)
3,236 results
All reviewsorchid restaurantoutdoor jacuzzidrawing roomafternoon teafive star hotelturn down servicecork cityold worldbeautiful hoteleggs benedictspa treatmentstop classsteam roomfrom start to finishuniversity college corklovely touchwould highly recommend this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We stayed two nights at the Hayfield Manor, and would have preferred luxuriating there rather than touring! You are greeted by a top-hatted doorman; the entryway has a Laurenesque display of vintage golf gear; the lobby is dominated by an impressive stairway which winds to the third floor. The photo display of famous people who've stayed there is interesting.

Our room was a bit disappointing: it seemed like more of a maid's quarters under the gables, and lighting was very dim, probably in keeping with the atmosphere. Quite ridiculous was that the safe was on the floor of the very small armoire, so I had to kneel on the floor to read the tiny print. This may have been an isolated event: Others in our group did not have any of the above problems, except for dim lighting.

The Hayfield Manor dining, however, made up for all that. The Bistro - in a plant-surrounded glass room - faultlessly served fabulous fresh halibut and rhubarb tarte. It is worth staying there for the breakfasts, served in the formal dining room, all white and silver and overlooking the back gardens. The continental buffet was gorgeous, with even the fruit-topped yogurt in artistic little jars. Fresh squeezed orange juice. Table service included hot dishes to order. I had the best eggs Benedict on smoked salmon in my entire life. Perfect hollandaise, perfect poaching (they ask if you want it soft, medium, or hard-poached.)

The surprise was that it was built in the 1990s, based on the original plan. The staff exemplifies the "Upstairs" kind of service. What a joy.

Room Tip: Try for one not under the roof.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear ChrisABeaune,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review, and for choosing to stay with us recently.

I am very sorry to hear that you were not so pleased with your room, and I do offer my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience that may have been caused. Had we been aware of this we would have been delighted to offer you an alternative more to your liking, as we would have loved for you to have been completely satisfied with your stay.

I am delighted to hear that despite this, you enjoyed your two night stay with us, and that you were particularly pleased with our breakfast. It is always wonderful to hear such positive feedback, and to know that our efforts are recognised. I will be certain to forward your comments to our chefs, as I am sure they will all be delighted to know that you enjoyed your meals.

I look forward to welcoming you all back to Hayfield Manor again in the near future, hopefully for an extended visit.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Although the Manor is in Cork city it is located in its own private gardens which gives you a feeling of being in countryside it is a very quite location and within easy walking distance of the town centre.....if you are looking for real five star treatment this is the place for you....the staff are excellent very smart uniforms extremely attentive and very knowledgable.....the food is excellent and served in style, the chef is very accommodating when it comes to vegetarian choices on and off the menu.....the rooms are elegant and very well appointed large bathrooms and very comfortable beds every luxury you would expect in a hotel rated five star.....this is by far the best hotel we stayed in on our travels around Ireland and I would highly recommend you add this hotel to your must stay list and experience the luxury and service.....you won't regret it......

1  Thank Kate S

Dear Kate S,

I would like to thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hayfield Manor recently, and also for taking the time to write your wonderful review of our hotel.

It gives me great delight to read your fantastic comments. Thank you very much indeed for your marvellous praise of all our staff. It is immensely gratifying to know that exceeded your expectations, and I am certain that our chefs especially are thrilled to know how much you enjoyed your meals with us.

Thank you also for your very warm recommendation of our hotel. It is very much appreciated.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor again very soon.

Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

I've been here a few times and really like the place. I love the way it looks, the garden, the building, the interior. The staff is really friendly and great service. I deff. Will stay here more often.
Thank you for the wonderful treatment every single time :)

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Arch A,

Thank you so much for your continued support of Hayfield Manor.

It gives me great pleasure to know that we continue to exceed your expectations and that you would recommend us so highly.

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments about our staff and about our service. I am delighted to hear that you plan to return more often.

I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

We are pregnant and wanted to enjoy a nice hotel stay before our new addition arrives. We were visiting family in Cork hence we looked for a city centre hotel with ample parking and an excellent location. The staff were lovely, I enjoy that with 5 star hotels, the staff are on hand but they don't bother you. The perfect balance. The atmosphere is very relaxing and welcoming. Our bedroom was beautiful, quiet and positioned at the front of the hotel. There was no noise. The room had all you would expect from a 5 star with some nice additions, a bean bag, very hand when over 7 months pregnant and the putter, ball and holder for us to mess with. A nice touch I thought. Bathroom facilities excellent and air conditioning perfect. The pool and steamroom were very enjoyable & relaxing. The spa looks like the perfect size though I didn't try it. I am not a fan of spas that feel like conveyor belts. I will try it the next time. Breakfast was fantastic, couldn't ask for more choice, quality of food excellent and atmosphere perfect for breakfast. Of course there are extra charges for things but that's to be expected, it's a 5 star hotel. We chose to stay on a Sunday night so I felt it was excellent value for money and very quiet ie no weddings or parties etc. it depends on what one wants from their stay at hotels like this but I think my review will clarify exactly what we were looking for and how the hotel matched up to our expectations. We had a throughly enjoyable experience and we will be back again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Pepe-the-Skier,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Hayfield Manor, and for choosing to stay with us recently.

I am delighted to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay, and that you thought so highly of our hotel. It gives me great pleasure to hear that you had a relaxing stay, particularly at this exciting time, and that you were so pleased with our service and amenities. Thank you again for your kind praise.

I would like to wish you both the very best for your new arrival, and I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming all of you back to Hayfield Manor again in the near future.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

we chose this hotel due to nice pictures and positive reviews - and we are so glad we stayed here!
it looks great, it offers a truly 5-stars attitude and service, it has a lovely pool overlooking a small garden - everything was fantastic

Dear stanMoscow,

I would like to thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor, and also for taking the time to write your wonderful review of our hotel.

I am utterly delighted with your fantastic review. Thank you very much indeed for your very kind praise of all aspects of our hotel. It is immensely gratifying to know that exceeded your expectations.

Thank you for your very positive feedback, it is greatly appreciated by the entire team.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor again in the near future.