“Great Stay”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Dayton, Ohio
“Great Stay”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My wife & I spent 3 nights @ the Hayfield Manor earlier this month. We found our room to be lovely, & the grounds were so serene. We were in room 336, it was spacious, very clean, & had a super view of the courtyard below. Michael, the concierge was very helpful, & he went the extra mile to help arrange a bus tour for us out of Killarney. Young Rory assisted us with a foot stool issue we had. The breakfasts we had were quite tasty. We thought the location was nice, a short walk to the city centre. We would recommend this hotel, & would definitely book here again.

2 Thank LanD315
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear LanD315,

I would like to thank you very much for choosing to stay with us recently, and also for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor.

Thank you very much indeed for your wonderfully kind praise of our hotel. I am delighted to know that you were so pleased with your room, our grounds and our cuisine. Thank you very much for your marvellous recommendation of Hayfield Manor.

It gives me great pleasure to hear that our staff were able to assist you, and that you were especially pleased with Michael and Rory’s service. I will be certain to forward your kind words to them, and I am sure they will be most grateful to you.

I am very glad to note that you would like to return to us again, and I very much hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor in the near future.

Ettienne van Vrede

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (428)
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel is really exquisite, starting from the delicious Food at breakfast, a piano in the lobby for anyone who wants to give a show playing. The rooms Are Great but a bit too hot. When we come to the details it misses a little bit such as: We arrived at 6 pm at the hotel and still had to wait 10 minutes for the room to be ready with my son's bed (not excellent service for a 5 star). In my room was a Card thanking me by a different name than my own (in a 5 star you're supposed to know all your guests in detail).

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Bruno S
Dear Bruno S,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us recently and also for taking the time to review Hayfield Manor on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to learn that your overall impression of our hotel is so positive. I am very grateful for your kind feedback on our cuisine in particular. I will be certain to forward your kind words to our team of chefs, and I am sure that they will be delighted with your comments.

I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the delay in accommodating you and your family when you arrived. This delay was due to an unforeseen circumstance which could not have been avoided, and which resulted in our having to reallocate some of our rooms at the last minute. I would like to assure you that this is not indicative of the standard of our service at Hayfield Manor, and I do apologise sincerely for the inconvenience caused.

It would be my pleasure to welcome you and your family back to Hayfield Manor again in the not too distant future. I would be grateful if you could contact me directly when you plan to return, so that I can personally oversee your stay.

gumasx
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Spent two nights at the Hayfield Manor Hotel and enjoyed every minute. Room was comfortable and full of sunlight. Service is without fault, particularly coffee outside in the the arrival area. A particular highlight -- a deep tissue massage with Lisa. All in all, I lovely stay and I look forward to returning.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank gumasx
Dear gumasx,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Hayfield Manor, and for choosing to stay with us recently.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed every minute of your stay, and that you thought so highly of our hotel. I am thrilled to know that we exceeded your expectations. Thank you very much for your wonderful praise.

I am particularly glad to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your massage, and I will be certain to forward your lovely comments to Lisa. I am sure that she will be delighted.

I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor again soon.

Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Two or three nights at this wonderful oasis of calm not far from the city centre will always delight. From the friendly welcome through superb accommodation and great surroundings to the best of Irish dining in either of its restaurants everything about this hotel says "class".

3 Thank fnglen
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear fnglen,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write your review, and for choosing to stay with us recently.

It was an absolute delight to read through your review, and I am utterly thrilled with your wonderful praise of our hotel. It gives me immense pleasure to know that you our welcome and our accommodation made such a wonderful impression.

Thank you also for your wonderful praise of our restaurants. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed our cuisine. I will be certain to pass on your comments to our whole team, and I would like to thank you once again for your kind feedback.

I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor in the near future.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Hayfield Manor in Cork city is a delightful hotel. The management and staff cannot do enough for you. As a family visit we were wonderfully accommodated in a beautifully furnished suite. The Spa and swimming pool were perfect, well run and spotless.

From breakfast through to dinner the food and service were excellent. We enjoyed our visit to the casual and formal restaurants and will happily dine there again.

The internal courtyard garden accessed through the library was a pleasant spot to have an evening drink.

All in all I have not one complaint about this gem of a hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank peilou
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear peilou,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us recently, and also for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am delighted to know that you and your family thoroughly enjoyed your stay, and that you thought so highly of our hotel. I am thrilled to know that our service exceeded your expectations. Thank you very much for your wonderful praise of our spa and our restaurant.

Thank you also for your kind praise of our service. I am very proud of our exceptional team at Hayfield Manor, and I will be certain to forward on your comments to them. It means a great deal to me to know that their efforts are appreciated. Thank you again.

I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back to Hayfield Manor again very soon.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Lovely, relaxing stay. Really enjoyed the leisure centre. The weather was beautiful and we were able to enjoy a drink outside looking at the beautiful trees - very calming. The concierge is second to non - really top class. We have been before and we will be back again sometime soon

1 Thank Sharon B
Dear Sharon B,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review, and for choosing to stay with us again recently.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your return visit to Hayfield Manor. I am especially glad to know that took full advantage of the sunshine to enjoy your drinks in our gardens. Thank you very much for your kind comments.

Thank you also for your lovely praise of our concierge team. I am sure they will be very pleased to know that you hold them in such high esteem. I am thrilled to know that we continue to exceed your expectations and that you would recommend us so warmly.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor again very soon.

USA
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Hayfield manor, while not being in the center of the city, is a short walking distance into the city. This location enabled us to enjoy dining & music in the city, as well as having good highway access to the many sites we wanted to see outside of cork. The hotel itself is charming, giving the feel of staying at an old, elegant country house. The common area furnished w/antiques (some of them in need of replacement) & the rooms are furnished w/comfortable bedding. Very little room for clothing storage. Unable to open windows for ventilation due to weather requiring use of surface mounted a/c which had a considerable leak. Showers are cheaply made & a overweight person would have extreme difficulty in using it as it is ridiculously small. After a tour bus departed hotel closed the "elegant" dining option precluding us from dining there our last evening. Staff is wonderful, friendly & helpful particularly concierge. Breakfast is terrific.

Dear jingi13,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hayfield Manor recently, and also taking the time to write your review.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time at Hayfield Manor, and that you were so pleased with the ambience of the hotel, as well as our location. I am also very glad indeed to know that you rated our breakfast so highly, and I would like to thank you for your kind comments.

I am disappointed, however, to learn that you experienced some issues with the facilities in your guest room. Had we been aware of these issues at the time, we would have been delighted to rectify them for you immediately. I do hope that you will accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

I was also very sorry to learn of your disappointment at being unable to dine in our Signature Restaurant, Orchids. For the duration of summer we have extended our service in Orchids to five nights per week, from Tuesday to Saturday, but regrettably it was not open on the last night of your stay. As Orchids is quite a popular restaurant, we get bookings far in advance from individuals and groups alike; however I would like to assure you that had we known in advance of your wish to dine there, we would have endeavoured to accommodate you during your stay.

Thank you once again for your very helpful feedback on your guest room and our furniture, which I will be discussing with our accommodation and maintenance teams shortly, with a view to improving our service for the future. Thank you also for your kind praise of our team, which is very much appreciated.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor again soon. When you next plan to visit, I would be grateful if you could contact me directly, so that I can personally look after your accommodation and dining reservations.