“Excellent hotel”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Miami, Florida
“Excellent hotel”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We spent 2 nights here. Service was outstanding, hotel is beautiful, food is good. The only thing that we did not like is that there is a 15 minute walk to the city center. But the rooms were big, clean, comfortable. The courtyard is beautiful. The people are very friendly and helpful, they go out of their way to accommodate your request.

2 Thank Jose2323
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Jose2323,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Hayfield Manor, and for choosing to stay with us recently.

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay. I am thrilled to know that we exceeded your expectations. Thank you very much indeed for your kind recommendation of our hotel.

I am particularly grateful to you for your marvellous praise of our service. It gives me great pleasure to know that our team were able to facilitate your requests, and that you found our staff friendly and helpful. I will be certain to forward your kind comments to the team, as I am sure that they will be delighted to know that they made such a wonderful impression.

I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor again in the near future.

Ettienne van Vrede

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (420)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I spent three nights here in June with my five-year-old daughter. I agree with the consensus that the facilities are charming, the food excellent, and the service outstanding. The only small negative, as some have mentioned, is that the hotel is a 10-15 minute walk from the city center. This didn't bother me much at all though. One thoughtful touch that I very much appreciated: the hotel e-mailed me before my stay and asked the age of my daughter. When we arrived at our room. I found the bathroom stocked with bubble bath, rubber duckies, and a lovely children's toiletry set. In the evenings, staff brought milk and cookies for my daughter before bedtime. They've thought through the details of how to make all of their guests feel welcome, including children. If they're working this hard to anticipate the desires of their youngest guests, you know that they are unusually focused on providing excellent service.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Daniel M
Dear Daniel M,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write your review, and for choosing to stay with us recently.

It was an absolute delight to read through your review, and I am thrilled that you and your daughter enjoyed your visit so thoroughly . I am very glad to hear that you were pleased with our facilities and our cuisine.

I would like to thank you also for your wonderful praise of our service. I am particularly glad to know that your daughter enjoyed the rubber duckies, the little toiletries and her milk and cookies in the evenings. We do our utmost to exceed our guests’ expectations, even our junior ones, and it gives me great pleasure to know that we have succeeded.

I will be certain to pass on your comments to our whole team, and I am sure that they will all be as delighted as I am to know that that we made such a wonderful impression.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor in the not too distant future.

Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My wife & I spent 3 nights @ the Hayfield Manor earlier this month. We found our room to be lovely, & the grounds were so serene. We were in room 336, it was spacious, very clean, & had a super view of the courtyard below. Michael, the concierge was very helpful, & he went the extra mile to help arrange a bus tour for us out of Killarney. Young Rory assisted us with a foot stool issue we had. The breakfasts we had were quite tasty. We thought the location was nice, a short walk to the city centre. We would recommend this hotel, & would definitely book here again.

2 Thank LanD315
Dear LanD315,

I would like to thank you very much for choosing to stay with us recently, and also for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor.

Thank you very much indeed for your wonderfully kind praise of our hotel. I am delighted to know that you were so pleased with your room, our grounds and our cuisine. Thank you very much for your marvellous recommendation of Hayfield Manor.

It gives me great pleasure to hear that our staff were able to assist you, and that you were especially pleased with Michael and Rory’s service. I will be certain to forward your kind words to them, and I am sure they will be most grateful to you.

I am very glad to note that you would like to return to us again, and I very much hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor in the near future.

Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel is really exquisite, starting from the delicious Food at breakfast, a piano in the lobby for anyone who wants to give a show playing. The rooms Are Great but a bit too hot. When we come to the details it misses a little bit such as: We arrived at 6 pm at the hotel and still had to wait 10 minutes for the room to be ready with my son's bed (not excellent service for a 5 star). In my room was a Card thanking me by a different name than my own (in a 5 star you're supposed to know all your guests in detail).

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Bruno S
Dear Bruno S,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us recently and also for taking the time to review Hayfield Manor on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to learn that your overall impression of our hotel is so positive. I am very grateful for your kind feedback on our cuisine in particular. I will be certain to forward your kind words to our team of chefs, and I am sure that they will be delighted with your comments.

I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the delay in accommodating you and your family when you arrived. This delay was due to an unforeseen circumstance which could not have been avoided, and which resulted in our having to reallocate some of our rooms at the last minute. I would like to assure you that this is not indicative of the standard of our service at Hayfield Manor, and I do apologise sincerely for the inconvenience caused.

It would be my pleasure to welcome you and your family back to Hayfield Manor again in the not too distant future. I would be grateful if you could contact me directly when you plan to return, so that I can personally oversee your stay.

gumasx
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Spent two nights at the Hayfield Manor Hotel and enjoyed every minute. Room was comfortable and full of sunlight. Service is without fault, particularly coffee outside in the the arrival area. A particular highlight -- a deep tissue massage with Lisa. All in all, I lovely stay and I look forward to returning.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank gumasx
Dear gumasx,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed every minute of your stay, and that you thought so highly of our hotel. I am thrilled to know that we exceeded your expectations. Thank you very much for your wonderful praise.

I am particularly glad to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your massage, and I will be certain to forward your lovely comments to Lisa. I am sure that she will be delighted.

I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor again soon.

Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Two or three nights at this wonderful oasis of calm not far from the city centre will always delight. From the friendly welcome through superb accommodation and great surroundings to the best of Irish dining in either of its restaurants everything about this hotel says "class".

3 Thank fnglen
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear fnglen,

It was an absolute delight to read through your review, and I am utterly thrilled with your wonderful praise of our hotel. It gives me immense pleasure to know that you our welcome and our accommodation made such a wonderful impression.

Thank you also for your wonderful praise of our restaurants. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed our cuisine. I will be certain to pass on your comments to our whole team, and I would like to thank you once again for your kind feedback.

I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor in the near future.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Hayfield Manor in Cork city is a delightful hotel. The management and staff cannot do enough for you. As a family visit we were wonderfully accommodated in a beautifully furnished suite. The Spa and swimming pool were perfect, well run and spotless.

From breakfast through to dinner the food and service were excellent. We enjoyed our visit to the casual and formal restaurants and will happily dine there again.

The internal courtyard garden accessed through the library was a pleasant spot to have an evening drink.

All in all I have not one complaint about this gem of a hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank peilou
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear peilou,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us recently, and also for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am delighted to know that you and your family thoroughly enjoyed your stay, and that you thought so highly of our hotel. I am thrilled to know that our service exceeded your expectations. Thank you very much for your wonderful praise of our spa and our restaurant.

Thank you also for your kind praise of our service. I am very proud of our exceptional team at Hayfield Manor, and I will be certain to forward on your comments to them. It means a great deal to me to know that their efforts are appreciated. Thank you again.

I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back to Hayfield Manor again very soon.