“Special weekend”

Hayfield Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Cork
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Just back from our beautiful night away in Hayfield Manor. It was pure luxury from start to finish. Friendly helpful staff, excellent service your wish is their command. Rooms gorgeous breakfast was fab. The grounds give a very private intimate feel to your experience. We had dinner in the Bistro and the food was gorgeous. The spa and pool are also lovely and very relaxing. We will definitely go back soon. I will never forget what a treat it was to spend a night/day in Hayfield.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AZZAM1
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear AZZAM1,

I would like to thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hayfield Manor recently, and also for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor.

Thank you very much indeed for your marvellous praise of our hotel. It gives me great pleasure to learn that we managed to exceed your expectations, and I am absolutely thrilled with your wonderful recommendation of our hotel.

Thank you especially for your kind praise of our staff and our cuisine. I will be certain to forward your kind words to our team, and I am sure they will be most grateful to you for your kind praise, particularly the team in Perrotts Garden Bistro.

I very much hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor again very soon.

Ettienne van Vrede

Write a ReviewReviews (3,102)

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed at The Hayfield Manor celebrating our engagement,I cannot praise the manager Ettienne and the staff highly enough. I would, without hesitation recommend this hotel and we are already thinking of a return visit,the food and drink, the hotel and grounds and the spa are perfect but the jewel in the crown is the staff who are friendly and courteous but most of all will bend over backwards to make youre stay as pleasant and enjoyable as possible.
A true 5 star hotel.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Keith H

Dear Keith H,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review, and for choosing to celebrate your engagement with us recently.

From beginning to end was an absolute pleasure to read through your review, and I am thrilled that you and your new fiancé were so pleased with your visit. Thank you very much indeed for your kind comments on our all aspects of our hotel, and for recommending us so highly.

Thank you especially for your wonderful praise of staff. We are fortunate to have a wonderful team at Hayfield Manor, and I will be certain to pass on your comments to them, and I am sure they will all be delighted to know that we exceeded your expectations.

I look forward to welcoming you both back to Hayfield Manor again soon, and I would like to take this opportunity to wish you both the very best for your future together.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Good attention to detail. Friendly staff. Great restaurant and bar. Flawless. One suggestion ... walking to town, go left at the bottom of the drive rather than right, as the doorman suggests. Much prettier walk.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Travepro1717,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review, and for choosing to stay with us recently.

I am delighted to hear that you were so pleased with your visit to Hayfield Manor. Thank you very much for your kind comments. It gives me great pleasure to know that we managed to exceed your expectations and that you would recommend us so warmly.

Thank you also for your lovely praise of our staff. I am very glad to know that you were pleased with our concierge’s recommendation of walking through the university, and I will be certain to forward your thanks to him.

I very much hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor again soon.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Great little hotel in cork! Good service and good surroundings. They gave us some great advice about where to visit and eat in Cork and even managed together me some chocolates when we got in late on one of the nights. Only negative point was that the spa and pool were very cold and therefore not enjoyable.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Gemma S,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your wonderful review, and for choosing to stay at Hayfield Manor recently.

I am delighted to hear that you were so pleased with our service and our surroundings, thank you very much. It gives me immense pleasure to know that our staff were able to be of assistance to you, and that you enjoyed the chocolates.

I am quite disappointed, however, to learn that you found the spa and the pool cold. I am also very surprised to hear this, as the temperature of our pool is monitored every hour and is maintained on a warm setting, which does not drop below thirty one degrees. As such, I am afraid I can offer no explanation as to why you found it to be cold during your stay, however I would like to apologise sincerely for the inconvenience, and I do hope that it has not negatively impacted upon your impression of Hayfield Manor.

I very hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon, and I would be most grateful if you could contact me when you next plan to visit, so that I may personally oversee your stay.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I stayed at Hayfield a few weeks ago and should have wrote this review before now. This most definatly is one of the best hotels I have stayed in, and working in the trade we stay in a lot of hotels. We recently got engaged and were gifted a voucher for a one night stay in a manor room. As soon as I booked my reservation and mention that it was a special occasion, I was upgraded to a superior room. Karen who checked us in was lovely and she sent up tow glasses of prosecco to the room to toast our engagement along with some very delicious chocolates. Working in hotels you notice the little things, and everything here was excellent. The room was beautiful and the bed was so comfortable (We never wanted to get out). The bathroom was well equipped and the shower was amazing. The pool was perfect with outdoor jacuzzi. Ger (I think that was his name) was brilliant so nice to talk to and gave my partner a drop of whiskey while we waited to check in. Genuinely nice man and great personality. Dinner and Breakfast were equally delicious. MY only regret is that it was only the one night. Will def be back, couldn't recommend highly enough

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Keara_59
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Keara_59,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Hayfield Manor, and for choosing to stay with us recently to celebrate your engagement.

From beginning to end it was a pleasure to read your review. I am delighted to know that we exceeded your expectations, as we take great pride in the high level of service that we provide, and it gives me great pleasure to know that our efforts are recognised. Thank you for your wonderful recommendation of our hotel. It gives me great pleasure to know that you enjoyed every minute of your stay so thoroughly.

I am also very grateful for your marvellous praise of our staff. We are fortunate to have a wonderful team at Hayfield Manor, and I will be certain to pass on your wonderful comments to them. I am certain that Karen and Ger will be particularly pleased to know that they made such a wonderful impression and that they helped to make it such a special stay for you.

I look forward to welcoming you both back to Hayfield Manor again very soon, and I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate you both on your engagement and wish you the very best for your future together.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

There are 5-star hotels and there are 5-star deluxe hotels -Hayfield Manor definitely falls into the latter!!! It is a beautiful hotel, and has the charm and character of an old country house; matched by wonderful staff who are warm and courteous. From the moment we arrived; to the time we left, we were made feel very welcome by all members of staff that we encountered.

We would like to especially single out the concierge, Michael, who greeted us upon arrival at the car park. Before we knew it, our luggage was already in our room after we checked in. We stayed 2 nights, and on our departure, Michael was on hand again to help us with our luggage. Like everyone else, he was warm and friendly. However, whilst Michael was also helpful and informative, it was his unassuming manner that we really appreciated.

Hayfield Manor is a city centre hotel, but is located off-street in a very nice and indeed quiet part of town. It has excellent leisure & dining facilities and, of course, everything you would expect from a 5-star deluxe hotel. We were genuinely very sorry to be leaving...

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MP4Point5

Dear MP4Point5,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Hayfield Manor, and indeed for choosing to stay with us recently.

It was an absolute delight to read through your review. I am blown away by your wonderful praise of our hotel. I am very glad to learn that you were so pleased with every aspect of your stay, and that you would recommend us to others.

Thank you also for your kind praise of our staff. It is absolutely wonderful to hear such great feedback from our guests, and I will be certain to forward your kind praise to our whole team, as I am sure they will be as thrilled as I am to know that they surpassed your expectations, particularly Michael.

I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor again, hopefully for an extended visit.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

After staying in a series of 5 star hotels in Ireland, Hayfield Manor stands above the rest. Fantastic service and the staff are always ready to help. We stayed 2 nights in their Junior Suite room. Before I left to start my hiking trip, I told them the heater on the towel rail did not work in the Junior suite, they upgraded us to the Grand suite on our return final night!
I told them I need a fridge and they bought up to my room on both stay! ;)
Gym is 24hrs, Swimming pool claims it opens at 630am but you can go there earlier as the door doesn't seem to be locked. Temperature of the pool is great! Steam room works well but I didn't try the outdoor jacuzzi.
We had a massage which my mum loves it! Although I'm disappointed that they can't offer a straight 90min. massage. They've a policy that massage is max. 60min. followed by facial which I don't need.
Breakfast is THE BEST!

Location wise, is a bit of a walk to the city center. After a whole day of shopping, can be quite tiring walking back esp. climbing a bit of a hill. ;) River Lee hotel will have a better location but it looks just like any boring modern hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank SuperShan1

Dear SuperShan1,

Thank you very much indeed for your wonderfully kind praise of our hotel. It gives me great pleasure to learn that we managed to exceed your expectations, and I am utterly delighted with your wonderful recommendation of our hotel.

I am thrilled to know that our staff were able to facilitate you with a Grand Suite on your return visit, and that you were so pleased with our leisure facilities as well as our location. Thank you very much indeed.

I will be certain to forward your kind words to our team, and I am sure they will be most grateful to you for your lovely praise.

I very much hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor in the near future.