Hayfield Manor Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Imperial Hotel(Cork)
3,233 results
All reviewsorchid restaurantoutdoor jacuzzidrawing roomafternoon teafive star hotelturn down servicecork cityold worldbeautiful hoteleggs benedictspa treatmentstop classsteam roomfrom start to finishuniversity college corklovely touchwould highly recommend this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I drove from Dublin to Cork via Waterford.When we arrived at the Hayfield Manor we were afforded Irish hospitality at its best.The afternoon tea was the finest we had in our two weeks in Ireland.The room and bathroom were perfect .The garden was charming.The staff was courteous and always helpful.definitely 5star!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hayfield Manor recently and also for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to learn that you and your wife enjoyed your visit so thoroughly. Thank you very much for your wonderful praise of our hospitality. It gives me great pleasure to know that we exceeded your expectations.

Thank you also for your kind praise of our Afternoon Tea, our accommodation and especially our staff. I am very proud of the team at Hayfield Manor, and I will be certain to forward your lovely comments to them all.

It would be my pleasure to welcome you all back to Hayfield Manor again, hopefully in the near future.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

My husband and I had our entire trip meticulously planned except for one free night to see where the wind took us. We ended up in Cork and, after a bit of difficulty navigating the streets, found this hotel which had been suggested to us by the owner of the last B and B we stayed at.

My first impression was that this was going to be like staying at an amazing country manor house. It was beautiful, very grand overall...and then we were showed to our cubby, I mean, our room. Small, even by European standards, doesn't cover the tiny room we were given. For the last minute hefty price we paid, I was expecting a luxury room and what I got was the cupboard under the stairs.

With that said, it was nicely appointed. The bed was comfortable and everything was clean. We skipped the hotel restaurant and found several choices within easy walking distance, much to my husband's relief as the Cork streets are not the easiest when driving.

Overall, the hotel seemed very nice, even though we didn't really spend more than 8 hours in it and most of that time, we were sleeping. I believe I would have found the stay much more enjoyable had we booked in advance. Our stay started with the front desk clerk looking at us like we were crazy for walking in at 5:00 p.m. and requesting a room. We then agreed to pay what I believe to be a lot for a hotel room (this coming from a woman who has a motto that if there is a Ritz Carlton in town, I'm staying at it, decision made) and were obviously given the tiniest one in the place.

So, book in advance and I am sure you will enjoy your stay more than we did. Our experience was just soured by being treated like a poor relation from the moment we walked in the door.

Room Tip: Repeat after me: Book in advance. Book in advance. Book in advance.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TheTravelAddicts
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear TheTravelAddicts,

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us last August, and for taking the time to write your review.

While I am glad to note that you found your room comfortable and clean, and that you were pleased with the décor of the hotel, I am very sorry indeed to learn that you were not pleased with your room. Had we been aware of your dissatisfaction at the time, we would have done our utmost to accommodate you in a room that was more to your liking, and I would like to offer my sincere apologies to you for any inconvenience caused. I would like to clarify, however, that at 300 square feet in size, even our smallest rooms are certainly not small by European standards.

I am particularly disappointed to learn that you felt one of our receptionists treated you “like a poor relation”, and I do apologise most sincerely and unreservedly to you. I would like to assure you that this is not the standard at Hayfield Manor. We strive on a daily basis to exceed our guests’ expectations and it is very disheartening to know that we did not succeed in our efforts on this occasion.

I would like to offer my apologies once again. I sincerely hope that we will have an opportunity to make amends to you in the future. Should you decide to return to us again, I would be most grateful if you could contact me directly, so that I can personally oversee your visit.

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Just back from our beautiful night away in Hayfield Manor. It was pure luxury from start to finish. Friendly helpful staff, excellent service your wish is their command. Rooms gorgeous breakfast was fab. The grounds give a very private intimate feel to your experience. We had dinner in the Bistro and the food was gorgeous. The spa and pool are also lovely and very relaxing. We will definitely go back soon. I will never forget what a treat it was to spend a night/day in Hayfield.

2  Thank AZZAM1
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear AZZAM1,

I would like to thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hayfield Manor recently, and also for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor.

Thank you very much indeed for your marvellous praise of our hotel. It gives me great pleasure to learn that we managed to exceed your expectations, and I am absolutely thrilled with your wonderful recommendation of our hotel.

Thank you especially for your kind praise of our staff and our cuisine. I will be certain to forward your kind words to our team, and I am sure they will be most grateful to you for your kind praise, particularly the team in Perrotts Garden Bistro.

I very much hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor again very soon.

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed at The Hayfield Manor celebrating our engagement,I cannot praise the manager Ettienne and the staff highly enough. I would, without hesitation recommend this hotel and we are already thinking of a return visit,the food and drink, the hotel and grounds and the spa are perfect but the jewel in the crown is the staff who are friendly and courteous but most of all will bend over backwards to make youre stay as pleasant and enjoyable as possible.
A true 5 star hotel.

1  Thank Keith H

Dear Keith H,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review, and for choosing to celebrate your engagement with us recently.

From beginning to end was an absolute pleasure to read through your review, and I am thrilled that you and your new fiancé were so pleased with your visit. Thank you very much indeed for your kind comments on our all aspects of our hotel, and for recommending us so highly.

Thank you especially for your wonderful praise of staff. We are fortunate to have a wonderful team at Hayfield Manor, and I will be certain to pass on your comments to them, and I am sure they will all be delighted to know that we exceeded your expectations.

I look forward to welcoming you both back to Hayfield Manor again soon, and I would like to take this opportunity to wish you both the very best for your future together.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Good attention to detail. Friendly staff. Great restaurant and bar. Flawless. One suggestion ... walking to town, go left at the bottom of the drive rather than right, as the doorman suggests. Much prettier walk.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Travepro1717,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review, and for choosing to stay with us recently.

I am delighted to hear that you were so pleased with your visit to Hayfield Manor. Thank you very much for your kind comments. It gives me great pleasure to know that we managed to exceed your expectations and that you would recommend us so warmly.

Thank you also for your lovely praise of our staff. I am very glad to know that you were pleased with our concierge’s recommendation of walking through the university, and I will be certain to forward your thanks to him.

I very much hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor again soon.