“felt like the King & Queen”

Hayfield Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Cork
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
tiburon
“felt like the King & Queen”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

A little bit away from the heart of things, but the grounds are so nice, why leave.
Service superb, rooms large and big windows.
Eat in the Pub Perrotts. Very good food and service was right on top.
The "hi end" restaurant Orchids was very pretty, but a bit on the slow side.Ok, if you have time to kill.

Room Tip: second floor rooms are brighter.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank edwardTiburon
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear edwardTiburon,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review, and for choosing to stay with us recently

I am delighted to know that you were pleased with our location and our grounds, and I am very glad to know that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your lovely praise of our cuisine, it is very much appreciated.

I would also like to thank you for your wonderful praise of our service. I will be certain to pass on your comments to our whole team, and I am sure they will all be delighted to know that they made such a marvellous impression, especially the team in Perrotts Garden Bistro.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor in the not too distant future.

Ettienne van Vrede

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
Woodstock
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

What wonderful accommodations, but only exceeded by the great staff. Resturant staff and food excellent. Beautiful grounds. Just finished 2 weeks in Ireland and Hayfield Manor was clearly the superior lodging. Hard to imagine that you are in the heart of Cork.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Kaptain597,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your wonderful review, and for choosing to stay with us recently.

From beginning to end it was an absolute delight to read through your comments. I am utterly thrilled that you were so pleased with your visit and that you hold Hayfield Manor in such high esteem.

Thank you for your marvellous praise of our cuisine, our location, and more particularly our staff. It gives me great pleasure to know that we surpassed your expectations, and that you would recommend us so emphatically. Thank you very much indeed.

I very much hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor again in the near future.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

My family was doing a bicycle trip through Southwestern Ireland and meeting at this hotel on the morning the trip was to begin. We decided to stay here the night before for convenience sake. What a surprise to discover a magnificent hotel. From the time we arrived until the time we left, everything could not have been better. My son was sick and the personnel at the front desk, I believe her name was Barbara, was exceptionally helpful and made arrangement immediate arrangements for us to see a physician. I had a drink at the stylish bar and received a very helpful and informative lecture from the bartender on the merits of Irish whiskey. The grounds are beautifully maintained. Dinner at the hotel was very good, as was the huge buffet breakfast the next morning. We have travelled extensively throughout Europe and have stayed in may wonderful hotels. There are some hotels that are as good as the Hayfield, but none better.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear GDF1234,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write your review, and indeed for choosing to stay with us recently.

I am absolutely thrilled that you all enjoyed your visit so much. I am delighted to hear that you were wonderfully impressed with our hotel from the moment that you arrived, thank you very much indeed for your kind comments.

Thank you also for your marvellous praise of our cuisine and especially of our staff. I will be certain to pass on your comments to our whole team, and I am sure they will all be delighted to know that you that they helped to make it a memorable stay for you, particularly our bar staff and Barbara at the front desk. I am immensely proud of our wonderful team, and it gives me great pleasure to know that their efforts are recognised.

I very much hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor again soon.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

I admit that we were not at the Manor much since there was so much of Ireland to see. We had a Brilliant room / suite overlooking town and courtyard. The Manor is beautiful. The breakfast was very nicely presented full buffet, with hot foods made to order. I was partial to salmon / nova with capers. Our room was large with window that opened. It had air conditioner, but was unnecessary on top floor, which tens to be warm. Excellent wifi!! What I liked best was the back stairs to the pool / spa. Highly Recommend!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GregSCPA
Dear GregSCPA,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor recently and for taking the time to review our hotel.

It was an absolute delight to read your review. I am thrilled to know that you enjoyed your stay so thoroughly. Thank you very much indeed for your high praise of our accommodation, our cuisine and our facilities, especially our WiFi and our Spa access. I am very glad to know that you were pleased with the presentation of our breakfast.

I would also like to thank you for your wonderful recommendation of our hotel. It gives me great pleasure to know that we exceeded your expectations.

It would be an honour to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor again, hopefully in the near future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

If you're planning on visiting Cork, stay here. If you're not, plan to. It's that good. Great location, beautiful rooms, really good food and superlative staff with a wealth of knowledge. Yes, it's budget-busting and yes, it's worth it!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Sian O
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear Sian O,

I would like to thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hayfield Manor recently, and also for taking the time to write your wonderful review of our hotel.

It was an absolute delight to read your comments. Thank you very much indeed for your marvellous praise of our location, our accommodation, our cuisine and especially of our staff. It is immensely gratifying to know that we managed to exceed your expectations, and that you would recommend us so emphatically.

I will be certain to forward your review to the whole team, as I am sure that they will all be as thrilled as I am to know that they made such a fantastic impression.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor again in the near future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I drove from Dublin to Cork via Waterford.When we arrived at the Hayfield Manor we were afforded Irish hospitality at its best.The afternoon tea was the finest we had in our two weeks in Ireland.The room and bathroom were perfect .The garden was charming.The staff was courteous and always helpful.definitely 5star!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hayfield Manor recently and also for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to learn that you and your wife enjoyed your visit so thoroughly. Thank you very much for your wonderful praise of our hospitality. It gives me great pleasure to know that we exceeded your expectations.

Thank you also for your kind praise of our Afternoon Tea, our accommodation and especially our staff. I am very proud of the team at Hayfield Manor, and I will be certain to forward your lovely comments to them all.

It would be my pleasure to welcome you all back to Hayfield Manor again, hopefully in the near future.

Corpus Christi, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

My husband and I had our entire trip meticulously planned except for one free night to see where the wind took us. We ended up in Cork and, after a bit of difficulty navigating the streets, found this hotel which had been suggested to us by the owner of the last B and B we stayed at.

My first impression was that this was going to be like staying at an amazing country manor house. It was beautiful, very grand overall...and then we were showed to our cubby, I mean, our room. Small, even by European standards, doesn't cover the tiny room we were given. For the last minute hefty price we paid, I was expecting a luxury room and what I got was the cupboard under the stairs.

With that said, it was nicely appointed. The bed was comfortable and everything was clean. We skipped the hotel restaurant and found several choices within easy walking distance, much to my husband's relief as the Cork streets are not the easiest when driving.

Overall, the hotel seemed very nice, even though we didn't really spend more than 8 hours in it and most of that time, we were sleeping. I believe I would have found the stay much more enjoyable had we booked in advance. Our stay started with the front desk clerk looking at us like we were crazy for walking in at 5:00 p.m. and requesting a room. We then agreed to pay what I believe to be a lot for a hotel room (this coming from a woman who has a motto that if there is a Ritz Carlton in town, I'm staying at it, decision made) and were obviously given the tiniest one in the place.

So, book in advance and I am sure you will enjoy your stay more than we did. Our experience was just soured by being treated like a poor relation from the moment we walked in the door.

Room Tip: Repeat after me: Book in advance. Book in advance. Book in advance.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TheTravelAddicts
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear TheTravelAddicts,

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us last August, and for taking the time to write your review.

While I am glad to note that you found your room comfortable and clean, and that you were pleased with the décor of the hotel, I am very sorry indeed to learn that you were not pleased with your room. Had we been aware of your dissatisfaction at the time, we would have done our utmost to accommodate you in a room that was more to your liking, and I would like to offer my sincere apologies to you for any inconvenience caused. I would like to clarify, however, that at 300 square feet in size, even our smallest rooms are certainly not small by European standards.

I am particularly disappointed to learn that you felt one of our receptionists treated you “like a poor relation”, and I do apologise most sincerely and unreservedly to you. I would like to assure you that this is not the standard at Hayfield Manor. We strive on a daily basis to exceed our guests’ expectations and it is very disheartening to know that we did not succeed in our efforts on this occasion.

I would like to offer my apologies once again. I sincerely hope that we will have an opportunity to make amends to you in the future. Should you decide to return to us again, I would be most grateful if you could contact me directly, so that I can personally oversee your visit.