“Afternoon tea”

Hayfield Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Cork
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We went to Hayfield Manor for afternoon tea to celebrate my husbands milestone birthday. I have to say from start to finish the experience was superb.

The welcome we received was so warm by all the staff. The afternoon tea was lovely and we never felt rushed or under pressure to free up the table.

I'd highly recommend it. We are planning a night away there soon which I'm very much looking forward to.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sally12345
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Sally12345,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Hayfield Manor, and for choosing to celebrate your husband’s birthday with us recently.

I am delighted to know that you were so thoroughly pleased with your experience of our Afternoon Tea, and that you would recommend it so highly. I am thrilled to know that we exceeded your expectations.

Thank you also for your wonderful praise of our staff. We are fortunate to have an exceptional team at Hayfield, and it means a great deal to us all to know that we made such a wonderful impression.

I look forward to welcoming you and your husband for an overnight stay very soon.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

The hospitality of the staff and the superb amenities could not have been topped any further. What an enjoyable break from sterile city hotels with as many stars. Thank you staff for the most enjoyable stay during our visit to Ireland.

Room Tip: Pure luxury and space in room 320.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brian W

Dear Brian W,

I would like to thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hayfield Manor on your recent trip to Cork, and also for taking the time to write your review.

It was an absolute pleasure to learn how thoroughly you enjoyed your stay, and to know that you were so delighted with the style of our hotel and with the amenities that we offer. Your wonderful praise is greatly appreciated, thank you very much indeed. I am exceptionally glad to know that would rate us as the most enjoyable of all the hotels you visited during your stay in Ireland.

Thank you very much again for your wonderful praise of our hotel and especially our staff.

I sincerely hope that I will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor again very soon.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Just a tiny bit dated but timeless and elegant and just not like most hotels when traveling for business. Experience it. You won't be sorry. And if you aren't working, and you have to be in Cork, go

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank machalter
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear machalter,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Hayfield Manor, and for choosing to stay with us recently.

I am thrilled to know that you were so pleased with our hotel, and that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always a delight to know that we have managed to exceed our guests’ expectations.

Thank you for your lovely recommendation of our hotel, it is greatly appreciated not only by myself, but by the entire team. It means a great deal to us all to know that we made such a wonderful impression.

I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you all back to Hayfield Manor again very soon.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stayed for one night while visiting Cork. Everything about the hotel is nice, staff is very friendly and welcoming, good bar food and bar atmosphere. The rooms are spacious and have all you need, public restrooms are well equipped and really show eye for detail. Breakfast is nice and plenty. Overall a really nice enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank donal_buistear

Dear donal_buistear,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write your wonderful review, and indeed for choosing to stay at Hayfield Manor recently.

I am absolutely thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay so thoroughly and that you were so very pleased with our hotel. We continually strive to provide the highest level of service to our guests, and I am delighted to hear that we managed to exceed your expectations.

Thank you again for your wonderful praise of all our hotel, particularly our facilities, our cuisine and especially our staff.

I sincerely hope that I will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor again the future.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

We were in Ireland for 10 days and if I could I would give this property 6 stars. The beauty, the quality of service and the food. Everything was excellent. The room was spacious and beautifully decorated. The grounds are gorgeous-even had an aviary. If I go back to Ireland this hotel is one of the reasons but I loved the whole country.

Room Tip: I'm sure that all rooms are good at the Hayfield.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lua856
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Lua856,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your wonderful review, and for choosing to stay with us on your recent trip to Ireland.

From beginning to end it was an absolute delight to read through your comments. I am thrilled that you were so pleased with your visit and that you hold Hayfield Manor in such high esteem.

I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your meals, and that you enjoyed our grounds and aviary also. It gives me great pleasure to know that we surpassed your expectations, and that you had a comfortable stay with us.

Thank you also for your very kind praise of our service. I will be certain to pass on your comments to our whole team, and I am sure they will all be delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay so thoroughly. It means a great deal to us all to know that our efforts are appreciated, thank you again.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor again very soon.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

My love brought me here for an unexpected and romantic surprise. It is a treat, a real gem. Beautiful hotel and gorgeous pool and spa with fabulous bedrooms and scrumptious breakfast. The staff were wonderful, and the porter was a true Irish gentleman. Will hopefully stay here again someday.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Julia S,

Thank you for taking the time to review Hayfield Manor and indeed for choosing to stay with us recently.

I am thrilled to learn that we managed to surpass your expectations, and that you enjoyed your stay with us so immensely.

Thank you very much indeed for your kind comments on our cuisine, our spa, our accommodation and our staff in particular. I will be certain to forward your kind words to our team, and I am sure that they will be as delighted as I am to know that they made such a marvellous impression.

I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

This was a fantastic spot to have a wedding reception, the location, the friendly staff, great food, lovely decor, gorgeous garden, just perfect
Frank is very helpful indeed. Such great staff. They are so intent on making your stay the most pleasurable, from arranging the booking on line with Theresa to meeting Frank at the door.
Breakfast was lovely. The meal at the wedding was divine.
If you dont enjoy your stay it wont have anything to do with the venue or staff. I doubt bad weather would spoil it either!!

Room Tip: I would guess that all the rooms are of the same standard as the one I was in, just perfect
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear J15SLY,

I am blown away by your review, it is absolutely fantastic. Thank you very much indeed for your very kind praise. It gives me great pleasure to know that you would rate us so highly, and that you enjoyed each and every aspect of your stay so thoroughly.

Thank you for your wonderful feedback, particularly regarding our staff. It is very much appreciated. We are fortunate to have a wonderful team at Hayfield, and I am sure they will all be as thrilled with your fantastic comments as I was, particularly Frank and Theresa. Thank you again for your marvellous recommendation of our hotel.

I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hayfield again in the near future.