“Welcome Home Ms Murphy”

Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Cork
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Welcome Home Ms Murphy”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This is my fourth experience to Ireland and all four times have experienced a Big Welcome
Home upon my stay. My daughter and I so enjoyed the hospitality of The Hayfield Manor.
A safe and wonderful Ireland experience. And thank you Michael Driscoll / as always
for making our plans.

Room Tip: Email The Hayfield and they will do the rest. Enjoy
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Eva A
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Eva A,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Hayfield Manor, and for your continued support of our hotel.

I am delighted to know that we continue to exceed your expectations, and that you were so pleased with our welcome on all your visits. Thank you very much indeed for your marvellous recommendation of our hotel, it is very kind of you.

Thank you also for your wonderful praise of our staff, particularly Michael. It means a great deal to us all to know that our efforts are appreciated, and that you hold both our staff and our hotel in such high esteem.

I look forward to welcoming you and your daughter back to Hayfield Manor yet again in the near future.

Ettienne van Vrede

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (420)
Flower Mound, Texas
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We truly enjoyed our stay and our room at Hayfield Manor. There was a great elevated sitting area in our room, overlooking the beautiful hills of Cork out our window. It was perfect for morning tea.

They have some fun, unusual gift shop items at the hotel. We truly enjoyed their little aviary (we're bird lovers) and walked down to it several times during our visit.

The concierge was kind enough to provide a local map and draw out directions to get to the key shopping area in city center, which was an easy 10-15 minute walk. The English Market in town is a must see, with a wide assortment of fresh foods.

There is a great little coffee shop opposite corner from the nearby college that serves an awesome cappuccino. If you take a walk out behind the coffee shop, you'll find yourself on a great trail through a skateboard park, followed by a fabulous walk along a river. We had the good fortunate of swans in the river when we took the walk.

Their food at the hotel was very good, and the grounds were very peaceful for sleeping, along with a comfortable bed. We recommend the hotel!

Room Tip: We loved our view overlooking the grounds at the front of the hotel, with the populated hills in the...
Dear Sherri2011,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to review Hayfield Manor on Tripadvisor, and indeed for choosing to stay with us on your recent trip to Cork.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay with us so thoroughly. I am delighted that you enjoyed the view from your guest room and that you had a comfortable sleep. Thank you very much for your lovely recommendation of our guest rooms and our amenities.

I am especially delighted to know that you were so pleased with our aviary and our location. Thank you for your wonderful description of our hotel and locality. I will be certain to pass on your kind comments to our concierge, and I am sure that he will be thrilled to know that he made such a wonderful impression.

It would be my pleasure to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor again, hopefully in the not too distant future.

County Kerry, Ireland
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Great Hotel .Beautiful Gardens and Surroundings . Staff very friendly and Helpful !!
Rooms are Spacious !!! Breakfast is very nice and plenty of fresh Produce !!

Enjoyed our time and will return in the future !!!

2 Thank Mary C
Dear Mary C,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Hayfield Manor, and indeed for choosing to stay with us recently.

I am absolutely delighted to know how much you enjoyed your stay. I am also very glad that you were pleased with our guest rooms, our gardens, our cuisine and especially our staff. It means a great deal to us all to know that we managed to exceed your expectations.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor again in the near future.

Cork
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

We went to Hayfield Manor for afternoon tea to celebrate my husbands milestone birthday. I have to say from start to finish the experience was superb.

The welcome we received was so warm by all the staff. The afternoon tea was lovely and we never felt rushed or under pressure to free up the table.

I'd highly recommend it. We are planning a night away there soon which I'm very much looking forward to.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sally12345
Dear Sally12345,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Hayfield Manor, and for choosing to celebrate your husband’s birthday with us recently.

I am delighted to know that you were so thoroughly pleased with your experience of our Afternoon Tea, and that you would recommend it so highly. I am thrilled to know that we exceeded your expectations.

Thank you also for your wonderful praise of our staff. We are fortunate to have an exceptional team at Hayfield, and it means a great deal to us all to know that we made such a wonderful impression.

I look forward to welcoming you and your husband for an overnight stay very soon.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 18 July 2014

The hospitality of the staff and the superb amenities could not have been topped any further. What an enjoyable break from sterile city hotels with as many stars. Thank you staff for the most enjoyable stay during our visit to Ireland.

Room Tip: Pure luxury and space in room 320.
1 Thank Brian W
Dear Brian W,

I would like to thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hayfield Manor on your recent trip to Cork, and also for taking the time to write your review.

It was an absolute pleasure to learn how thoroughly you enjoyed your stay, and to know that you were so delighted with the style of our hotel and with the amenities that we offer. Your wonderful praise is greatly appreciated, thank you very much indeed. I am exceptionally glad to know that would rate us as the most enjoyable of all the hotels you visited during your stay in Ireland.

Thank you very much again for your wonderful praise of our hotel and especially our staff.

I sincerely hope that I will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor again very soon.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Just a tiny bit dated but timeless and elegant and just not like most hotels when traveling for business. Experience it. You won't be sorry. And if you aren't working, and you have to be in Cork, go

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank machalter
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear machalter,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Hayfield Manor, and for choosing to stay with us recently.

I am thrilled to know that you were so pleased with our hotel, and that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always a delight to know that we have managed to exceed our guests’ expectations.

Thank you for your lovely recommendation of our hotel, it is greatly appreciated not only by myself, but by the entire team. It means a great deal to us all to know that we made such a wonderful impression.

I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you all back to Hayfield Manor again very soon.

Youghal, Ireland
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stayed for one night while visiting Cork. Everything about the hotel is nice, staff is very friendly and welcoming, good bar food and bar atmosphere. The rooms are spacious and have all you need, public restrooms are well equipped and really show eye for detail. Breakfast is nice and plenty. Overall a really nice enjoyable stay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank donal_buistear
Dear donal_buistear,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write your wonderful review, and indeed for choosing to stay at Hayfield Manor recently.

I am absolutely thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay so thoroughly and that you were so very pleased with our hotel. We continually strive to provide the highest level of service to our guests, and I am delighted to hear that we managed to exceed your expectations.

Thank you again for your wonderful praise of all our hotel, particularly our facilities, our cuisine and especially our staff.

I sincerely hope that I will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor again the future.