“Warm welcome, outstanding service and gorgeous place”

Hayfield Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Cork
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Neuilly-sur-Seine, France
“Warm welcome, outstanding service and gorgeous place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

My spouse and I stayed in this hotel for five nights because we wanted first to relax. We picked this accomodation as we wanted to be in a quiet, green and relaxing place for a couple of days. The SPA is amazing with a large and nice swimming pool and all the staff of the hotel is very friendly taking care to every details and trying to meet all clients' requests.
Moreover, this hotel is well located as it is close by the inner city with a lot of charming streets.
Finally, we took the opportunity to discover the gorgeous surrounding countryside and the lovely Kinsale harbour.
To conclude: this the best place to stay if you want to recuperate so as to hang over afterward!

Stayed July 2014
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Laurent N,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hayfield Manor recently and also for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to learn that you both enjoyed your stay so thoroughly. Thank you very much for your wonderful praise of our hotel. I am very glad to know that you were so pleased with our location, and especially with our staff. I will be certain to forward your lovely comments to them all.

I am also particularly glad to know that you enjoyed our leisure facilities. It gives me great pleasure to know that we exceeded your expectations. Thank you very much indeed.

It would be my pleasure to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor again in the future.

Ettienne van Vrede

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

The interior and the garden courtyard are are beautiful. We had lunch in the bar and the bartender, while offering the menus said to me, " If you do not see what you would like, please tell me. I am sure we can make it for you." Nothing more needs to be said.

Dear ectphd,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Hayfield Manor, and for choosing to stay with us recently.

I am delighted to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay, and that you thought so highly of our hotel. I am thrilled to know that we exceeded your expectations.

Thank you especially for your kind praise of our staff. I will be certain to forward on your comments to our team. It means a great deal to us all to know that we made such a wonderful impression, and I would like to thank you again for your kind words.

I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor again in the near future.

Sidney, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

This is my definition of a beautiful hotel. Elegant, understated, impeccable service. I certainly wish we could have stayed longer than one night but we were touring the country and moving along each day. It was memorable to be sure.
One disappointment was in the Orchid Dining room. We were seated in an undesirable spot where the servers were coming and going; thus it was distracting and did not feel special....and yet there was one table left empty all evening by the window. We had cancelled our reservation that day as we didn't think we had the appropriate dress code but later realized that we were still welcome. We spoke to the manager of the dining room at the end of the evening and shared our observations. He made a favourable adjustment to our bill. The food was wonderful. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and the Orchid Dinning Room.

Room Tip: The dress code for the dining room is fairly relaxed..elegantly casual I would say.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear Fair-by-nature,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review, and for choosing to stay with us recently.

I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much, and that you wished you could have stayed longer on your recent trip. It gives me great pleasure to know that you were so pleased with our hotel, thank you very much indeed.

I do apologise once again for the disappointing location of the table allocated you for dinner. It would have been our pleasure to give you the window table had it not been reserved for another party, who regrettably did not arrive. I am very glad that you were pleased with the favourable adjustment of your bill, and I do hope that it did not detract from your overall impression of our hotel.

Thank you once again for your feedback. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor again in the future, hopefully for an extended visit.

Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

Myself and my boyfriend were really looking forward to our trip to Hayfield a few weeks ago. When we arrived we thought the staff and the hotel itself were lovely and we were excited about our two nights stay.
On the first night we had dinner (as part of the package we booked) in Orchids restaurant. The food was lovely and the staff very helpful and friendly. However, we ordered one side with our meal and were charged for it which I thought was a bit mean. However, our real issue started when we went into the bar for a drink. €15 for a glass of prosecco? An absolute disgrace! And a pint of beer wasn't much better. I have stayed in some of the top hotels in the country and NEVER have I paid that for a glass of prosecco. Needless to say I didn't have another one all weekend.
On our second night we planned on eating in Perrott's bistro but when we looked at the menu and pricing beforehand we were stunned. Prices for what was meant to be the more relaxed hotel option, were more expensive than some of the countries top restaurants. We ended up having food in our room we were so annoyed and that still cost us €20 each for a burger. To top it off, lunch was pretty expensive too.
I'm not going to even mention the spa which was full of screaming children and not worth the visit. I know children have to be accomodated for but they should have set hours in the pool for children like many of the other 5 Star hotels in Ireland have.
Huge disappointment. We will never go back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Trip112014,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us recently and also for taking the time to review our hotel.

Firstly I was delighted to learn that you thought our hotel was lovely and that you found our staff to be very friendly and helpful. I will be certain to forward your kind words to the entire team, and I am sure that they will be delighted to know that they made such a wonderful impression.

I was quite disheartened, however, to learn that you were disturbed by the presence of children in our leisure centre. At Hayfield Manor we pride ourselves on being a child friendly hotel, and our staff continuously do their utmost to ensure the comfort and tranquillity of all our guests. However I do appreciate that on this occasion, despite our best efforts, your comfort was infringed upon. I am truly sorry that you experienced such an inconvenience and I do hope that you will accept my sincere apologies.

I am also very sorry to hear that you found the pricing in our bar and in our Bistro to be expensive. We regularly conduct comparisons with other five star hotels and with local restaurants to ensure that our pricing is in line with our competitors, and I would like to assure you that I will be reviewing our pricing with our management team shortly.

I am especially disappointed to learn that you would not like to return to us, and I do hope that you will reconsider. I would be very grateful if you could contact me directly should you plan to return to Cork in the future, so that I can personally oversee your visit.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

This is my fourth experience to Ireland and all four times have experienced a Big Welcome
Home upon my stay. My daughter and I so enjoyed the hospitality of The Hayfield Manor.
A safe and wonderful Ireland experience. And thank you Michael Driscoll / as always
for making our plans.

Room Tip: Email The Hayfield and they will do the rest. Enjoy
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Eva A
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Eva A,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Hayfield Manor, and for your continued support of our hotel.

I am delighted to know that we continue to exceed your expectations, and that you were so pleased with our welcome on all your visits. Thank you very much indeed for your marvellous recommendation of our hotel, it is very kind of you.

Thank you also for your wonderful praise of our staff, particularly Michael. It means a great deal to us all to know that our efforts are appreciated, and that you hold both our staff and our hotel in such high esteem.

I look forward to welcoming you and your daughter back to Hayfield Manor yet again in the near future.

Flower Mound, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

We truly enjoyed our stay and our room at Hayfield Manor. There was a great elevated sitting area in our room, overlooking the beautiful hills of Cork out our window. It was perfect for morning tea.

They have some fun, unusual gift shop items at the hotel. We truly enjoyed their little aviary (we're bird lovers) and walked down to it several times during our visit.

The concierge was kind enough to provide a local map and draw out directions to get to the key shopping area in city center, which was an easy 10-15 minute walk. The English Market in town is a must see, with a wide assortment of fresh foods.

There is a great little coffee shop opposite corner from the nearby college that serves an awesome cappuccino. If you take a walk out behind the coffee shop, you'll find yourself on a great trail through a skateboard park, followed by a fabulous walk along a river. We had the good fortunate of swans in the river when we took the walk.

Their food at the hotel was very good, and the grounds were very peaceful for sleeping, along with a comfortable bed. We recommend the hotel!

Room Tip: We loved our view overlooking the grounds at the front of the hotel, with the populated hills in the...
Dear Sherri2011,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to review Hayfield Manor on Tripadvisor, and indeed for choosing to stay with us on your recent trip to Cork.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay with us so thoroughly. I am delighted that you enjoyed the view from your guest room and that you had a comfortable sleep. Thank you very much for your lovely recommendation of our guest rooms and our amenities.

I am especially delighted to know that you were so pleased with our aviary and our location. Thank you for your wonderful description of our hotel and locality. I will be certain to pass on your kind comments to our concierge, and I am sure that he will be thrilled to know that he made such a wonderful impression.

It would be my pleasure to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor again, hopefully in the not too distant future.

County Kerry, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

Great Hotel .Beautiful Gardens and Surroundings . Staff very friendly and Helpful !!
Rooms are Spacious !!! Breakfast is very nice and plenty of fresh Produce !!

Enjoyed our time and will return in the future !!!

2 Thank Mary C
Dear Mary C,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Hayfield Manor, and indeed for choosing to stay with us recently.

I am absolutely delighted to know how much you enjoyed your stay. I am also very glad that you were pleased with our guest rooms, our gardens, our cuisine and especially our staff. It means a great deal to us all to know that we managed to exceed your expectations.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor again in the near future.