“Great food, great staff, great hotel!!!”

Hayfield Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Cork
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Waterford, Ireland
“Great food, great staff, great hotel!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

Myself and my wife stayed at Hayfield Manor in July and thoroughly enjoyed it. From the moment we stepped inside the door we got a great welcome from Michael the concierge who was very friendly and informative about the hotel and surrounding area. Our bedroom was really beautiful. The staff in the bar were superb particularly the girl from Kilkenny who's name escapes me now. We ate in Perrotts Bistro and it was an experience. The food was to die for and the service again was exceptional. The hotel is blessed with great staff and this is what really stood out to us. We'll certainly be back in the near future!

Room Tip: We were in room 200 which was beautiful although the road outside was quite busy and noisy at times.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear GazoLambo,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at Hayfield Manor in July and for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor.

It was an absolute delight to read your review. I am thrilled to know that you enjoyed your stay so thoroughly.

Thank you very much indeed for your highs praise of our accommodation, our cuisine, and most especially our staff. I am also very glad to know that you were pleased with our service, and that Michael and Claire in particular helped to make it a memorable stay for you.

It would be an honour to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor again, hopefully in the near future.

Ettienne van Vrede

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
Newnan, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

We only stayed two nights at this charming property, but loved every minute and would have enjoyed spending many more nights. We were greeted at check in with a small glass of Jameson and things went uphill from there. We were asked to leave our car keys and the bellman would bring the luggage (happened exactly as described).

The staff were lovely and very welcoming; the room was bright, spotless, luxurious and spacious. Our room had a "thingie" for practicing golf putting, along with a putter and ball, which instantly grabbed my husband's attention.

We ate dinner at the Perrott both nights and could not have asked for better service or food. We had one of the specials each night and although billed as casual dining, it fell into our definition of fine dining without the need to dress up.

Would love to return and would not hesitate to recommend to even the pickiest of our friends! Oh, be sure to stroll through the gardens and visit bunnies in their hutch and the birds in the aviary. You would never know you are in the midst of a busy city. The hotel is a moderate downhill walk from the downtown area, so remember the return is a bit of a climb.

1 Thank easytraveler49
Dear easytraveler49,

I would like to thank you very much for choosing to stay with us recently, and also for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor.

I am exceedingly grateful for your wonderful praise of our hotel. I am thrilled to know that you were so pleased with your room, our grounds and our cuisine. Thank you very much for your marvellous recommendation of Hayfield Manor, it is greatly appreciated.

It also gives me great pleasure to hear that you were so pleased with our service. I will be certain to forward your kind words to the entire team, and I am sure they will be as delighted as I am with your kind comments.

I am very glad to note that you would like to return to us again, and I very much hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor for an extended visit in the near future.

San Antonio, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

This is the place to stay if you're in Cork. Possibly the best hotel I've ever stayed at. The attention to detail in this place is incredible. We reserved a no frills room on the third floor and it had everything you could want. The view of the city was unbeatable. In addition, the accommodations included a large bathroom, a comfortable king sized bed, free wi-fi, and a fainting couch (just in case). The ground floor of the hotel had anything you could want for a resort. The spa and pool were beautiful, the Orchids Restaurant (while pricey) is terrific, the bar has a greater whiskey taster menu, and there are at least three ornate sitting rooms that you can have your drink delivered to (one a library where we spent most of our time). Saturday evening, a lounge singer occupied the lobby with a great voice and he covered jazz standards. Finally, and most importantly, you have Frank and Michael at the front (both working at different times) for whatever questions you might have. Both have a kind and unrivaled personality that made this place the best we've stayed at. I can't say enough good things about this hotel.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Brian P
Dear Brian P,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Hayfield Manor, and for choosing to stay with us on your recent trip to Ireland.

I am delighted to know how much you enjoyed your stay and that we exceeded your expectations . I am utterly thrilled to hear that you felt Hayfield Manor was possibly the best hotel you have ever stayed at. Thank you very much indeed for your marvellous recommendation of our hotel, I am very grateful to you.

Thank you also for your wonderful praise of our staff, especially our concierges, Michael and Frank. It gives me great pleasure to know that they were able to assist you in your requests, and that you found them both so helpful. I will be certain to forward your kind comments to them, as I am sure that they will be as delighted as I am to know that they made such a wonderful impression.

It would be my pleasure to welcome you back to Hayfield Manor again very soon.

Thousand Oaks, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

This lovely and charming hotel was just what I was expecting for our stay in Cork. The walled garden and grounds feel as if you are at a country estate while you are actually in the city. Our room had a historic hotel feel but had all of the modern conveniences you would expect, and was expertly maintained. Turn down service is always an added plus and just what I expected from a hotel of this caliber. The staff were very attentive, helpful and professional. The two restaurants on the property are also 5 Star. I would definitely return if in Cork again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kerry W
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Kerry W,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us recently, and for taking the time to review Hayfield Manor on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay, and that we exceeded your expectations. Thank you very much indeed for your kind recommendation of our hotel.

I am particularly grateful to you for your marvellous praise of our service. It gives me great pleasure to know that you found our staff attentive and helpful. I will be certain to forward your kind comments to the team, as I am sure that they will be delighted to know that they made such a wonderful impression.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor again in the near future.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

Stayed 2 nights here and really loved the Hotel. The whole property is beautiful, with a nice garden not far from the University, about 15/20 minutes walk to the city.
The room itself was beautifully decorated and quiet.
We had dinner at the hotel and we really enjoyed the meal along with the great service of both the French waitresses, price was affordable and quality really good! The breakfast was also great, with many choices.
Overall a lovely place in Cork city! Will definitely come back.

Dear Pablost,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Hayfield Manor, and for choosing to stay with us recently.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay so thoroughly, and that you were so pleased with your guest room. I am thrilled to know that we exceeded your expectations. Thank you very much indeed for your wonderful praise.

I am particularly glad to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your meals, and I will be certain to forward your lovely comments to our head chef and his team. I am sure that they will all be as delighted as I am with your kind praise.

I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor again soon.

Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

I recently was treated to a night away here for my birthday - and it was beyond my expectations. I am from Cork so have never stayed here before but will definitley be back - it was like a tranquil oasis in an otherwise busy city! The room we had was beautiful and had every comfort imaginable. When checking in I was wished a happy birthday, and in our room their was a card from the general manager with the same wishes (very nice personal touch). We ate in the hotel restaurant and whilst I am not a fan of hotel food, this could not have been better - our waitress was an absolute pleasure to deal with and her recommendations showed off her indepth knowledge. Can't recommend this hotel enough, and will be dropping numerous hints so that I'm treated to this again!!!!!

Room Tip: Our room faced onto their Garden and the natural light was fantastic - noise was not an issue at any...
4 Thank mbm27
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear mbm27,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us recently and also for taking the time to review Hayfield Manor on Tripadvisor.

It was an absolute delight to read your comments. I am utterly thrilled to hear that you were so pleased with your stay and that you would recommend us so highly.

Thank you for your wonderful praise of our guest rooms, our cuisine, and most especially our service. It gives me great pleasure to know that we exceeded your expectations, and I hope that you had a wonderful birthday celebration with us.

I will be certain to forward your review to the whole team, as I am sure that they will all be as thrilled as I am to know that they helped to make your stay so special.

I very much hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hayfield Manor again in the near future.

Long Island, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Catching up on our reviews...
Only spent 1 night with the family here in 9/2013. A picturesque and quaint property with beautiful, large, comfortable rooms (the milk and cookies and the pet fish put such a smile on our faces). Lovely service. Lovely breakfast. All went smoothly. Highest recommendation!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Ettienne V, General Manager at Hayfield Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear 5StarDivaFamily,

I would like to thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hayfield Manor on your trip to Ireland last September, and also for taking the time to write your wonderful review of our hotel.

It was an absolute delight to read your comments. Thank you very much indeed for your marvellous praise of our cuisine, and of our service in particular. I am especially thrilled that your children enjoyed their milk and cookies and their pet fish. It is immensely gratifying to know that we exceeded your expectations, and that you would recommend us so highly.

I will be certain to forward your review to the whole team, as I am sure that they will all be as pleased as I am to know that they made such a fantastic impression.

I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back to Hayfield Manor again in the near future.